Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2024 2:11:08 PM EDT
Don't see a thread for this, so lets start one

We've all been there; after a while you have enough spares and other things kicking around to assemble a complete rifle. Sometimes it ends up being a little different. I present mine:

This was inspired by a B5 handguard and a Rosco Bloodline 16" I had kicking around. Really like how this handguard feels in the hand, just never liked it behind a front sight base. Had to buy the stock, grip, carbine end cap, and gas block but the rest was kicking around in my pile of spares. YHM had their steel railed gas blocks on sale for $25 so it was a natural fit. It's not a lightweight rifle, but at 6.8lbs it's pretty hand for a 16" gun with a government profile barrel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#1]
This started with a spare lower and a bolt catch

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JustDaniel:
This started with a spare lower and a bolt catch

https://i.vgy.me/bvmeDP.jpg
View Quote

B5 handguard! That is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are both decent looking rifles.  Well done people!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#4]
Only things I had to buy were a BCG, ambi mag catch, and buffer tube. Lower was already SBR's and sitting in the safe.

I had been trying to sell this Spike's 11.5" CHF pencil barrel, gas block, and BRT gas tube but wasn't getting any bites. Then, I got the rail at Cola Warrior Northwest 5 this year. Upper was sitting in the safe.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#5]
Cool thread! It is time one was made, thanks OP. Shoot, got a couple parts-box guns laying around but no pics, I shall have to remedy that and report back later.

ETA: Found 'em, actually had some on a USB stick.

Both of 'em were assembled after buying a barrel and realizing I had enough parts to make a whole rifle, they're both almost entirely replaced parts or parts I bought on the EE because they seemed cheap and thought I might use 'em one day.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MONGO45] [#6]
BCM upper with a variety of parts I had handy.

Aimpoint, Larue, Surefire and Magpul with BCM PNT Trigger

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:19:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willisinnawoods] [#7]
Most of this rifle was made from parts I had laying around in the parts bin. The 16" Dissipator barrel came out of an A2 upper I converted back into a 20" rifle, and the flat top upper came from a PSA 20" Premium upper that I bought just for the barrel in it for the aforementioned A2 upper. The furniture, Magpul sling, Griffin Armament rear BUIS, BCG and charging handle were in my parts bin. The Holosun w/ ACSS reticle I've had sitting around for a few years and the PA ACSS Pegasus magnifier I got in a trade a couple years ago with a buddy that didn't need it (I forgot what I traded it for). Went on PSA and got a lower for it and slapped it together.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This one was built with extra parts, stuff I had in the gun cabinet.  Wanted to build a cheap, beat-around A2 carbine.  I bought the A2 upper years ago off the EE.  I usually throw it in the side by side on the farm when I’m out there.  It’s the top one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Some sweet setups here!

Swapped an old RCO M4 onto mine and took it to the range. Was pretty awesome and this is how it's going to stay

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Complete mismatched build.  What happens when you accumulate enough spare parts to make a complete rifle.

Aero lower, Geissele LPK, Geissele buffer tube, bcm h1 and spring, colt grip, bcm trigger, h&r upper, Aimpoint pro, Leupold carry handle mount, vortex low ring, Surefire 6p with LED, Surefire m10 and m14 mounts

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:35:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#11]
Some fantastic builds here

Pic thread:

Took mine out yesterday and shot an 8" gong at 250 yards. This is also now the first AR my boy has shot, so now I can't mess with it I have much fancier rifles, but I think this one is one of my favorites due to it's simplicity.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have lots of those builds

Here's one I painted
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top