Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2024 11:58:35 AM EDT
Wondering what anyone might be using as an alternative reticle for their strelok app, for the PA 1-6 Nova reticle?

The reticle hash marks are 4 1.0 mil marks with 0.5 mil marks in between so I'm thinking some kind of mil reticle with these same hash marks will suffice for now.

One I was thinking of for a substitute is the Leupold's TMR tactical milling reticle. I believe that one is in 1.0 and 0.5 mil hashes?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
PST 1-6 MRAD?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jd2395:
PST 1-6 MRAD?
View Quote

I'll have to check but I believe that reticle will not have the 0.5 mil hashes in between and only has 1.0 mil hashes.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Delta Stryker 1-6 has half marks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Delta Stryker 1-6 has half marks.
View Quote

Forgot about that one!!

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gman556:
Wondering what anyone might be using as an alternative reticle for their strelok app, for the PA 1-6 Nova reticle?

The reticle hash marks are 4 1.0 mil marks with 0.5 mil marks in between so I'm thinking some kind of mil reticle with these same hash marks will suffice for now.

One I was thinking of for a substitute is the Leupold's TMR tactical milling reticle. I believe that one is in 1.0 and 0.5 mil hashes?
View Quote

I read or saw on PA's Youtube page Dimitri saying to use the Griffin mil reticle for a direct analog of the holds for the Nova reticle IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Vexed:

I read or saw on PA's Youtube page Dimitri saying to use the Griffin mil reticle for a direct analog of the holds for the Nova reticle IIRC.
View Quote

OK that's right, that's another good one.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If it has regularly spaced stadia, not BDC, you can easily math that out with a ballistic calculator as long as you know the distance between the stadia and, of course, your velocity, BC, etc.  Strelok might be quicker, but it ain't rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Let us know what you figure out for your drops. I have the same scope and am curious what you find.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:58:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gman556] [#9]
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
Let us know what you figure out for your drops. I have the same scope and am curious what you find.
View Quote

@tatsngats

Here are some with the DSMR on the Delta striker.

I use 77gr Nos from my 16" KD4 BCM upper with sam-r type chamber/ 1/7.7 twist.

Mount is a 1.93" height, and add the 1.215" to the top of the rail from the bore.

77 gr nos in LC brass at 2.630 fps with all the BC included.

50 yd zero seemed to be the closest for this setup.

The PA griffin mil has that damn chevron so I didn't want to use that one.

The Leupold TMR-D reticle should also work .
I might try that one next.

Could only show up to 450 yds due to pic limit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I don’t think you’ll be seeing the Nova reticle in Strelok anytime soon as Primary Arms will no longer disclose their subtensions, as they think someone will steal their designs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
I don’t think you’ll be seeing the Nova reticle in Strelok anytime soon as Primary Arms will no longer disclose their subtensions, as they think someone will steal their designs.
View Quote

Yeah that and the sanctions, so who knows when we'll even and see Strelok again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
as Primary Arms will no longer disclose their subtensions
View Quote

I mean a MRAD reticle is a MRAD reticle. For BDC reticles, this is a stupid move on PA’s part if they want people to actually use their scopes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top