AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chenault:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG-1413-192899.JPG

Turning a new page

Just playing with it I cannot imagine an optic that fits this platform, function wise, as much as this one does.  I should be set from 1-800 yards
View Quote
Noice..............I wanna get me one of those for my Scar 17.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Lets get some pics going

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By K_weez:
Lets get some pics going

http://i.imgur.com/6yFkfQw.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/k5iWyyO.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice, I like that setup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Nice, I like that setup.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Looks great! What offset mount are you using with the Docter?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
In case Anyone is interested. Bushnell elite tactical 1-8.5x24     eBay item number:112380287170
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems too good to be true.  Man that's a great price
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:

Looks great! What offset mount are you using with the Docter?
View Quote
Predator 45 degree.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Predator 45 degree.
View Quote
Nice. I just sent them an email yesterday asking if they were available. I'm going to order one up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a kosher sling for the 16" mod 0 other than the TAS-1 UMSS? I was able to round up 4 of those but was really hoping there was something else acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:51:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#13]
600yds on 10x. 
Jpoint on my own low low mount, back from being duracoated. something I have been working on and finally finished. 

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Would an fde leupold 67940 scope be acceptable on a Mod H?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Is there a kosher sling for the 16" mod 0 other than the TAS-1 UMSS? I was able to round up 4 of those but was really hoping there was something else acceptable.
View Quote
The H is newer, something like a TAB Gear, VTAC, Vickers, etc would pretty well be correct I'd think. I'm trying to think when 3 points really fell out of favor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:16:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#16]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
View Quote
Yes. I think there is a pic from one of the members with a fde 3.5-10x in a KAC mount on his issued mod h.

Edit. I'm finally swapping the CAR stock for a SOCOM in my mod h tonight. Then the question becomes stick with the larue 158 mount or go to the recce rail ring combo. Only problem my safe space is at a premium and removing the optic between range trips is nice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
If it's the M110 version, aka M2 w Illum TMR, then yessir.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup its the m110 scope, will be here friday. I was planning on an old black mk4 but since this was the one in my deal figured id check, probably going to do a stsndard H and a URX setup eventually.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Yup its the m110 scope, will be here friday. I was planning on an old black mk4 but since this was the one in my deal figured id check, probably going to do a stsndard H and a URX setup eventually.
View Quote
Throw it in a Badger and don't look back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Did any of you guys have trouble installing the recce rail?  When I locked down my handguard I put the recce on but the lug wouldn't line up...
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Throw it in a Badger and don't look back.
View Quote
Can't very well do that and call it correct if a kac mount was used
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Wisconsinfury:
Did any of you guys have trouble installing the recce rail?  When I locked down my handguard I put the recce on but the lug wouldn't line up...
View Quote
I had the same problem. I loosened the handguard until I could bolt on the Recce rail and then I tightened it up. Hope I didn't do something wrong.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#23]
yep top rail on hg floats. loosen it. align with big screw on the recce rail, then install it and tighten and then tighten the top rail back down. i called pri and they said that. 
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Lets get some pics going

http://i.imgur.com/6yFkfQw.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/k5iWyyO.jpg?1
View Quote
Man.. I CANT STOP looking at this Rifle..
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]

I had the same problem. I loosened the handguard until I could bolt on the Recce rail and then I tightened it up. Hope I didn't do something wrong.
View Quote
You most definitely did. That's not how this works.

The top rail sits in slots on the handguard itself so it can slide foward<->back. You loosen the rail section, align the lug, tighten the rail section and then attach the recce rail.

The handguard should be torqued down before you do any of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Tiny, so today was payday, so if you wanted to drop that cool Holland stuff you were working on so I could purchase it that would be great
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

You most definitely did. That's not how this works.

The top rail sits in slots on the handguard itself so it can slide foward<->back. You loosen the rail section, align the lug, tighten the rail section and then attach the recce rail.

The handguard should be torqued down before you do any of that.
View Quote
Well I'm glad I posted my idiotic ways so I got the correct install procedure, though it would have been nice if the Recce rail came with installation instructions. Anyway, I took the Recce rail back off, tightened the handguard again, then slid the top rail slot into position before tightening the Recce rail back down. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Hey Tiny, so today was payday, so if you wanted to drop that cool Holland stuff you were working on so I could purchase it that would be great
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Hah. Was just working on that today. I think artwork is almost done so orders will be placed later this week. Still takes a couple weeks for things to get here though. I'll try to remember to ping you a PM when they're close.

Well I'm glad I posted my idiotic ways so I got the correct install procedure, though it would have been nice if the Recce rail came with installation instructions. Anyway, I took the Recce rail back off, tightened the handguard again, then slid the top rail slot into position before tightening the Recce rail back down. Thanks
Nice! Glad to see another SPR in Oregon. I agree they should make it clear somewhere - pretty much all of their rails and ARMS rails attach that way and require the same treatment.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Hah. Was just working on that today. I think artwork is almost done so orders will be placed later this week. Still takes a couple weeks for things to get here though. I'll try to remember to ping you a PM when they're close.
View Quote
That would be very much appreciated, I will also shoot you an IM on FB as a secondary reminder.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

View Quote
I cant stop touching. It's a problem that I'm ok with lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

I'd like to put something together just like that. But I'm currently working on my 2nd Mod 1.. very limited rightnow haha
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#32]

I'd like to put something together just like that. But I'm currently working on my 2nd Mod 1.. very limited rightnow haha
View Quote
Pshhh sell that mod 1 hand guard and come over to the master race
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

Wish it was that easy.. lmao
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

It is.  You can have that rail sold in just a few hours on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:09:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#35]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Lol.. it's just due to the fact my Barrel is coming in today, ready to install everything once I get off work, plus I'm trying to finish this build before the baby is due.. once that happens, everything will be in hold for a while.. only thing I have no control of is the NoDak Spud Lower I'm waiting to get shipped to my FFL.. that won't happen until Oct-Nov
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Lol.. it's just due to the fact my Barrel is coming in today, ready to install everything once I get off work, plus I'm trying to finish this build before the baby is due.. once that happens, everything will be in hold for a while.. only thing I have no control of is the NoDak Spud Lower I'm waiting to get shipped to my FFL.. that won't happen until Oct-Nov
View Quote
What's the barrel brand?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]
What's the barrel brand?
View All Quotes

What's the barrel brand?
I got a 18" Douglous Barrel
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I started in the middle and worked my way out.

My first MK12 was a Miller Mod1.

Then I turned it into a NSW Mod 1

Then I built the Holland

Now I'm working on a Mod 0 slowly.

I'm also building my second M4a1 Block II. These things are pricey too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
My baby got a makeover.  Man I love this scope.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Do you plan to run it with the .308 caps? or get MK12 MOD 1 marked caps from Leupold custom shop?  I assume the .308 caps would be somewhat close ballistically to 77gr. OTM?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HardballR:

Do you plan to run it with the .308 caps? or get MK12 MOD 1 marked caps from Leupold custom shop?  I assume the .308 caps would be somewhat close ballistically to 77gr. OTM?
View Quote
The 168gr is about as close as any bdc for mk262 out of an 18" barrel. That cap is also clone correct for early SPRs and maybe mod 0s. I always just ignore the yardage marks and use MOA so it really s doesn't matter to me.

I finally put the socom stock on my mod H after the ACS went to another rifle. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the larue mount or go with the recce rail and rings.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

The 168gr is about as close as any bdc for mk262 out of an 18" barrel. That cap is also clone correct for early SPRs and maybe mod 0s. I always just ignore the yardage marks and use MOA so it really s doesn't matter to me.

I finally put the socom stock on my mod H after the ACS went to another rifle. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the larue mount or go with the recce rail and rings.
View Quote
I know that some feel that the recce rail is one of the looks of the Holland, but I liked the Larue mount and if I didn't go with this set up would of kept it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#44]

I know that some feel that the recce rail is one of the looks of the Holland, but I liked the Larue mount and if I didn't go with this set up would of kept it.
View Quote
Agree. The recce rail looks good, and that's the only reason I got one and the ARMS rings instead of running some version of LT mount. Every other long gun I own sports LT rings/mounts.

I had a set of NLS #22's several years ago and pawned them in the EE for like $50 to scrounge up enough coin for my first LT 104

I will also add that I didn't appreciate the adjustable feature of the LT locking levers until I got this latest set of #22's - no way you can pop them off without using something to get some leverage...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sommere54:

Agree. The recce rail looks good, and that's the only reason I got one and the ARMS rings instead of running some version of LT mount. Every other long gun I own sports LT rings/mounts.

I had a set of NLS #22's several years ago and pawned them in the EE for like $50 to scrounge up enough coin for my first LT 104

I will also add that I didn't appreciate the adjustable feature of the LT locking levers until I got this latest set of #22's - no way you can pop them off without using something to get some leverage...
View Quote
I like the recce rail from a purely aesthetic standpoint but functionality it's going to be heavier and I lose the 10moa of the LT158 that really helps with the slow moving 6.5 Grendel. Another concern for me is space in the safe, being able to take the scope off really frees up some room. But it does look cool... so I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Brand new to the cloning world. Actually joined arfcom because of this thread. Currently on the hunt for Mod H parts. Curse you all for getting me hooked on the beauty that is the Holland.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By medic343:
Brand new to the cloning world. Actually joined arfcom because of this thread. Currently on the hunt for Mod H parts. Curse you all for getting me hooked on the beauty that is the Holland.
View Quote
Welcome to the club brother, it's a fun build I look forward to your progress
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
The clone gods are angry but that looks like a sweet setup. I stuck my mk 6 on the mod h but I don't have the recce rail and the obr mount puts it just a little too far back.

Originally Posted By medic343:
Don't curse anyone yet, once you build the holland you'll want a mod 0 and mod 1 to go with. That's when the real $$$ gets spent.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Don't curse anyone yet, once you build the holland you'll want a mod 0 and mod 1 to go with. That's when the real $$ gets spent.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.
View Quote
I wanted to build a mod 1 but the scarcity and price tag on the parts turned me off of it.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top