Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 222
Next Page
4/26/2024 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
View Quote


I think this is actually an amazing combo.  I ran a 1-6 razor as a proof of concept on a 10.3 300blk and I thought it was awesome.  May do it again with an NX8....
4/26/2024 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
View Quote
Careful. The front might fall off.

"A Mk18 is a handgun with a stock"/"10.3 is a 50 yard and in gun" - From SHTF AR Thread
4/26/2024 1:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427][Edited] [#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:


I think this is actually an amazing combo.  I ran a 1-6 razor as a proof of concept on a 10.3 300blk and I thought it was awesome.  May do it again with an NX8....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:


I think this is actually an amazing combo.  I ran a 1-6 razor as a proof of concept on a 10.3 300blk and I thought it was awesome.  May do it again with an NX8....


Thanks.  It feels really good as well.  Nice heads up with a light weight shorty....didn't think I'd like it as much, but it just works so well.



Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
Careful. The front might fall off.
https://i.imgur.com/jTso2Ot.jpg



Ouch.........

Thats a nice rifle there....what size BBs does it shoot?
4/26/2024 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Thats a nice rifle there....what size BBs does it shoot?
View Quote
4.5mm according the the Urgi thread.
"A Mk18 is a handgun with a stock"/"10.3 is a 50 yard and in gun" - From SHTF AR Thread
4/26/2024 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
4/27/2024 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Attached File
Attached File

New centurion taper bolt mated with the KAC mod2 barrel!
4/27/2024 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History


Whats the deets on the barrel/rail combo? Gas length?

Do you have a surefire can?
4/27/2024 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


Whats the deets on the barrel/rail combo? Gas length?

Do you have a surefire can?
View Quote


It's a Geissele URG-I Near Clone upper - so the rail is a Geissele 13.5" SMR MK16, and the barrel is a Geissele 5.56MM 14.5" GOV profile, CHF, Chrome Lined, Mag Phos, ChromolyV, 1/7 Twist with mid-length gas.

I do not - it comes wiht the tuning fork at the end. My god it just takes moving the rifle around to make it sing.
4/27/2024 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
View Quote


Holddd up, I recognize that Steiner

Looks right at home, just like that 8.5” URX 4. I like your style.
4/27/2024 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By stormhammer:


It's a Geissele URG-I Near Clone upper

I do not - it comes wiht the tuning fork at the end. My god it just takes moving the rifle around to make it sing.
View Quote


Gotcha.

Yeah, they ping... Even when the can is on.
I thought the B.E. Meyers 249f was bad lol
4/28/2024 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


Gotcha.

Yeah, they ping... Even when the can is on.
I thought the B.E. Meyers 249f was bad lol
View Quote



Dude, no lie, I picked it up, and as I was moving it around the house and on the rifle I kept being like " jesus my tinnitus is bad or something bc I keep hearing this ringing "
4/29/2024 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
View Quote

Seems unnecessary for a 1-4x.
Your painted rifle is ugly, but I’m uglier, so send it to me and I’ll make it look good!
4/29/2024 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

Seems unnecessary for a 1-4x.
View Quote


??? i guess i could throw the EP-8 on there but i like the weight savings on the 1-4x
4/29/2024 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
View Quote

Is that the P4xi? I'm considering replacing my PA Nova with one of these on an 11.5 so I can put the 1-6 back on the 16". Any thoughts?

I'm new to lpvo's, the Nova is my only one, but I've ran a short cqb course with it and will be doing more along with (if the stars align) a DMR course out to 500yds with it.
4/29/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Is that the P4xi? I'm considering replacing my PA Nova with one of these on an 11.5 so I can put the 1-6 back on the 16". Any thoughts?

I'm new to lpvo's, the Nova is my only one, but I've ran a short cqb course with it and will be doing more along with (if the stars align) a DMR course out to 500yds with it.
View Quote


yea, its a P4Xii like it a lot, and have a couple, i also like the Leupold Mk3 HD 1.5-4x (if you don't care about the fact you'll have a little more magnification at the lowest setting).  i've not used the PA Nova yet, so i cant give any insight on it.  i've done 600-ish with a 4x scope, you just have to be realistic with the limitations of a lower magnification scope.
4/29/2024 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Is that the P4xi? I'm considering replacing my PA Nova with one of these on an 11.5 so I can put the 1-6 back on the 16". Any thoughts?

I'm new to lpvo's, the Nova is my only one, but I've ran a short cqb course with it and will be doing more along with (if the stars align) a DMR course out to 500yds with it.
View Quote

I have a couple P4xi’s, a T5xi and a Nova. The only advantages of the Nova are price and higher top end magnification. The Steiners have significantly better glass. That said, I wouldn’t pay more than ~$550ish for a P4xi, which you can find occasionally. At $700+ there are better options.
“Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it’s sterile and I like the taste.” -Patches O’Houlihan

"I don't eff with poorsies."
-Mona-Lisa Saperstein
4/29/2024 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


yea, its a P4Xii like it a lot, and have a couple, i also like the Leupold Mk3 HD 1.5-4x (if you don't care about the fact you'll have a little more magnification at the lowest setting).  i've not used the PA Nova yet, so i cant give any insight on it.  i've done 600-ish with a 4x scope, you just have to be realistic with the limitations of a lower magnification scope.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Luny421:

I have a couple P4xi’s, a T5xi and a Nova. The only advantages of the Nova are price and higher top end magnification. The Steiners have significantly better glass. That said, I wouldn’t pay more than ~$550ish for a P4xi, which you can find occasionally. At $700+ there are better options.
View Quote

Thanks guys. I don't plan on doing more than 500 with my 11.5", so 4x is all I need. And i can get the P4xi for under $600, so it seemed like a good deal lol might have to jump on it in a few months.

Anyone able to compare the steiner to the Razor Gen II?
4/29/2024 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CJ47:


Thanks guys. I don't plan on doing more than 500 with my 11.5", so 4x is all I need. And i can get the P4xi for under $600, so it seemed like a good deal lol might have to jump on it in a few months.

Anyone able to compare the steiner to the Razor Gen II?
View Quote


I sold my razor and got a p4xi and leupold mk3hd 1.5-4x… 4x is perfect in my opinion for 80% of what a 10.3-14.5” gun will need.  If you need more than 4x, take the weight hit and go to something with an upper mag range of 8x or 10x… I’ve been a fan of the EP-8 1-8x by Arken…
4/29/2024 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
4/30/2024 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#20]


Just finally found a barrel for this bad boy. Soon I'll be joining the Transsonic Midrange Shooters Club
4/30/2024 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
https://i.imgur.com/0m6w0TW.jpg
View Quote


Goddammit, I just love these!
And they look like they get some frequent lovin too.
5/5/2024 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Attached File
5/8/2024 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]


14.5” 6ARC. Easy money out to 950 yards with factory 108’s.
5/8/2024 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By McCarron:
https://i.imgur.com/FSAVtpu.jpg

14.5” 6ARC. Easy money out to 950 yards with factory 108’s.
View Quote


Any chance you could share a bit of info on velocity, drop and wind drift? I’m considering building something similar but the data I’m getting/finding is related to longer barrel length and I’m interested in real world info on th <16” barrel info.  Nice looking rig!

-T
5/8/2024 11:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R][Edited] [#25]
Attached File


Attached File


14.5” p/w MOD2 with the new centurion tapered bolt.  Probably the softest shooting rig I’ve ever owned (the last 14.5” MOD2 w/ QDC MAMS was soft, but there is ZERO muzzle movement with this build)
5/9/2024 12:47:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF][Edited] [#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


Any chance you could share a bit of info on velocity, drop and wind drift? I’m considering building something similar but the data I’m getting/finding is related to longer barrel length and I’m interested in real world info on th <16” barrel info.  Nice looking rig!

-T
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
Originally Posted By McCarron:
https://i.imgur.com/FSAVtpu.jpg

14.5” 6ARC. Easy money out to 950 yards with factory 108’s.


Any chance you could share a bit of info on velocity, drop and wind drift? I’m considering building something similar but the data I’m getting/finding is related to longer barrel length and I’m interested in real world info on th <16” barrel info.  Nice looking rig!

-T


My 14.5” 6ARC (a few posts up) is slinging factory 103gr ELD-X at 2460fps @ 80* ambient.

At sea level, it goes transsonic a bit past 850y.  Zeroed at 100y, drop at 800y is 8.4 mil.  With a 10mph full value crosswind, I'm seeing 2 mils of wind drift at that distance.

For comparison purposes, that’s 1/2 mil less drop and a full mil less wind drift at 800y than one of my 14.5” 5.56 guns slinging Magtech Mk262 (77gr SMK) at 2600fps.
5/9/2024 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WUPHF:


My 14.5” 6ARC (a few posts up) is slinging factory 103gr ELD-X at 2460fps @ 80* ambient.

Zeroed at 100 at sea level, it goes transsonic a bit past 850y.  Drop at 800y is 8.4 mil.  With a 10mph full value crosswind, I'm seeing 2 mils of wind drift.

For comparison purposes, that’s 1/2 mil less drop and a full mil less wind drift at 800y than one of my 14.5” 5.56 guns slinging Magtech Mk262 (77gr SMK) at 2600fps.
View Quote


Outstanding!!! Thanks. I’m battling the option of getting a set of bino NV or building a 6ARC… this is a tough call based on those numbers
5/9/2024 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#28]
The 14.5” Proof CF 6ARC barrel is getting 2450fps at 1280DA.
Factory 108’s were 11 Mils to IPSC steel at 930 yards, 12 Mils to 988 yards. Past 988 the wind kicked my butt…
17.5 Mils to hit the same size target at 1273 yards just for fun. (used a Mk5 3-18 T3 that day)

For what it’s worth my 18” Proof SS barrel is getting 2554fps at the same DA. 10 Mils to 940 yards.
Both barrels have under 200 rounds.

5/12/2024 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Put an order in for a noveske 12.5 6 arc. Anyone have any velocity data? Gonna zero it monday but won't be able to chrono for a couple weeks.
5/13/2024 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I just mocked this up the other night and threw a spare EOTech on it. I have to pull it apart and properly assemble it now and procure an optic.


5/14/2024 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:
I just mocked this up the other night and threw a spare EOTech on it. I have to pull it apart and properly assemble it now and procure an optic.


https://i.imgur.com/08cd8ry.jpeg
View Quote

You should’ve waited until it was finished because it doesn’t belong here. Hard truth, but truth all the same.
Your painted rifle is ugly, but I’m uglier, so send it to me and I’ll make it look good!
5/14/2024 10:08:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme][Edited] [#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

You should’ve waited until it was finished because it doesn’t belong here. Hard truth, but truth all the same.
View Quote


Sorry I was excited with the progress and posted a photo before I had a variable mag optic on it. As soon as I get home I'll swap the optic and repost it, just for you pumpkin.
5/14/2024 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:


Sorry I was excited with the progress and posted a photo before I had a variable mag optic on it. As soon as I get home I'll swap the optic and repost it, just for you pumpkin.
View Quote



Looks good so far! I'm looking for a rail to do a mini "holland"
5/15/2024 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#34]
5/18/2024 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Attached File


11.3” 300blk is probably my favorite mini… tied for second is it’s sister the 11.3” 6.8spc and the 11.5” MOD2
5/18/2024 8:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slowkota1][Edited] [#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1010_jpeg-3209309.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1012_jpeg-3209313.JPG

14.5” p/w MOD2 with the new centurion tapered bolt.  Probably the softest shooting rig I’ve ever owned (the last 14.5” MOD2 w/ QDC MAMS was soft, but there is ZERO muzzle movement with this build)
View Quote


@5L33P3R
What gas system is that? You mention MOD2, but I don't know what that is heh
5/18/2024 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:

You should’ve waited until it was finished because it doesn’t belong here. Hard truth, but truth all the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:
I just mocked this up the other night and threw a spare EOTech on it. I have to pull it apart and properly assemble it now and procure an optic.


https://i.imgur.com/08cd8ry.jpeg

You should’ve waited until it was finished because it doesn’t belong here. Hard truth, but truth all the same.


Ease up killer... He could've posted it with ZERO optic, as its an in progress build.

Its a solid build so far 👍
t00b!
5/18/2024 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


@5L33P3R
What gas system is that? You mention MOD2, but I don't know what that is heh
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By slowkota1:
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1010_jpeg-3209309.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1012_jpeg-3209313.JPG

14.5” p/w MOD2 with the new centurion tapered bolt.  Probably the softest shooting rig I’ve ever owned (the last 14.5” MOD2 w/ QDC MAMS was soft, but there is ZERO muzzle movement with this build)


@5L33P3R
What gas system is that? You mention MOD2, but I don't know what that is heh


Knights Armament Mod 2 gas system.  He’s using a parted out KAC barrel.
5/18/2024 8:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: McCarron][Edited] [#39]
Deleted: Not Form-1’ed yet
5/18/2024 9:36:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R][Edited] [#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


@5L33P3R
What gas system is that? You mention MOD2, but I don't know what that is heh
View Quote


@slowkota1

Knight’s Armament (KAC) mod2

As WUPHF stated it’s not a factory built KAC upper it’s a home brew from takeoff/parted out parts.
5/18/2024 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


@slowkota1

Knight’s Armament (KAC) mod2

As WUPHF stated it’s not a factory built KAC upper it’s a home brew from takeoff/parted out parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


@5L33P3R
What gas system is that? You mention MOD2, but I don't know what that is heh


@slowkota1

Knight’s Armament (KAC) mod2

As WUPHF stated it’s not a factory built KAC upper it’s a home brew from takeoff/parted out parts.


Ah, gotcha
5/20/2024 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Attached File
5/20/2024 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History


Love the aesthetics of this pair!
5/24/2024 7:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slowkota1][Edited] [#44]
Quote History


Me needs an AEM or OCM

Is that a 5 or a 30-k?
5/25/2024 12:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots][Edited] [#45]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


Love the aesthetics of this pair!
View Quote
Thanks! Minis are without a doubt my favorite way to setup an AR.
Originally Posted By slowkota1:


Me needs an AEM or OCM

Is that a 5 or a 30-k?
View Quote
OCM5 on a "midway" mount to allow for my 12.3 barrel/10.5 handguard to play nice.

Love the aesthetics and sound suppression from this can. I think it's well understood but it's pretty darn high backpressure. This BRT barrel is reasonably gassed and it's still punchy with an H3 buffer behind it. It's not beating the gun to pieces so I can accept it...but very noticeable vs say my LPM Torch.
5/29/2024 1:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22][Edited] [#46]
Attached File

Attached File

Attached File


Triarc barrel that I had cut down to 12.5”.
5/31/2024 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#47]
6/6/2024 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Finally back in the saddle after a few years



6/6/2024 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Finally back in the saddle after a few years

https://i.imgur.com/7OD8FRn.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/JgoiLQf.jpeg
View Quote


Well done.  
6/6/2024 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Finally back in the saddle after a few years

https://i.imgur.com/7OD8FRn.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/JgoiLQf.jpeg
View Quote


Haven’t lost your touch, my man.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing" - John Stuart Mill

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 222
Next Page
AR Sponsor