Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2018 8:13:37 PM EDT
Just picked this up tonight, its an 18" PA10 mid-length gas system.  Appears to be a Gen2 upper, can anyone confirm if it is a Gen2 lower as well? Do these take the regular Magpul middy handguards? How about grip?

Thanks!

IMG_20180823_193552 by _Storz_, on Flickr
IMG_20180823_193557 by _Storz_, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have your answers but nice rifle.  I am looking at these as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure looks like a GenII... the markings say "Multi" ... and I believe that was from when the lower was also purposed for the 6.5CM.

Grip wise... the Hoge should fit as well... and the Magpul on there is a
MIAD GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 2 ...

note the TYPE 2 ... that version fills the gap ( up at the curved part ) on PSA PA10's.

If... by chance the hand grip is to fat... I have some PSA branded spare ones ( that you could have ) that are much narrower. They are basic black, with grippy surfaces.

Not sure about the middie Magpul hand guards... but I would suspect they would work.

Is that a rifle length stock ? I am not familiar with that version to know for sure.

I suspect it is a "carbine length" buffer tube under it.... if so, be sure to check for all the correct parts... ( Photos help a lot )

PSA has used 2 different "pattern" .308 carbine buffer systems... and the parts do not interchange, so take some photos and measurements so we can be sure you have the correct parts installed.

This thread will show the differences and measurements.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/PSA-when-did-you-guys-switch-the-buffer-system-length-on-the-PA10-/301-286585/

There are numerous ways to make your PA10 softer shooting and numerous tweaks to help you enjoy it even more.
View Quote
Great information thanks, the box the rifle came in has an Oct 2017 date so I am guessing its the later stuff. Here are a few pics of the bufffer tube and buffer

IMG_20180824_125130 by _Storz_, on Flickr
IMG_20180824_125126 by _Storz_, on Flickr
IMG_20180824_125302 by _Storz_, on Flickr
2018-08-24_01-07-28 by _Storz_, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
@bfoosh06 thanks for the info! I think over the winter I am going to convert it to a free float system, I'll reach out about parts when I do
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sure looks like a GenII... the markings say "Multi" ... and I believe that was from when the lower was also purposed for the 6.5CM.

Grip wise... the Hoge should fit as well... and the Magpul on there is a
MIAD GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 2 ...

note the TYPE 2 ... that version fills the gap ( up at the curved part ) on PSA PA10's.

If... by chance the hand grip is to fat... I have some PSA branded spare ones ( that you could have ) that are much narrower. They are basic black, with grippy surfaces.

Not sure about the middie Magpul hand guards... but I would suspect they would work.

Is that a rifle length stock ? I am not familiar with that version to know for sure.

I suspect it is a "carbine length" buffer tube under it.... if so, be sure to check for all the correct parts... ( Photos help a lot )

PSA has used 2 different "pattern" .308 carbine buffer systems... and the parts do not interchange, so take some photos and measurements so we can be sure you have the correct parts installed.

This thread will show the differences and measurements.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/PSA-when-did-you-guys-switch-the-buffer-system-length-on-the-PA10-/301-286585/

There are numerous ways to make your PA10 softer shooting and numerous tweaks to help you enjoy it even more.
View Quote
@bfoosh06

Didn't you have a couple different threads regarding PSA 10's going with a write up of all the changes you did to them, improvements etc, different ammo test's even?? I swear I had subscribed to them, but now I can't find any.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes those are the one's!! So much good info in these threads, and with PSA becoming so popular for their price point these should really be kept active or even pinned threads, or at the least why can't subscribed threads that are archived be saved in subscriptions still.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top