Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 123
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
https://i.imgur.com/PrYsPU7.jpg

ETA - @SecretSquirell, you hear back from Leupold custom shop yet about the illumination? I emailed them last week and I still haven't heard anything from them yet.
View Quote
@Dobs013 they just emailed me this afternoon. He said 300-350 plus shipping plus whatever the reticle  costs that you choose. So....not cheap.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

@Dobs013 they just emailed me this afternoon. He said 300-350 plus shipping plus whatever the reticle  costs that you choose. So....not cheap.
View Quote
Yeah I'm probably gonna pass on that At that point your approaching half the cost of a used Illuminated mk4 on the ee, but I figured it would be pricey due to the fact you would be replacing half of the scope. Thanks for passing this word tho!
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I'm probably gonna pass on that At that point your approaching half the cost of a used Illuminated mk4 on the ee, but I figured it would be pricey due to the fact you would be replacing half of the scope. Thanks for passing this word tho!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's what I was thinking. Unless you snag something very cheap, it makes more sense to save and search for the correct setup.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]

That's what I was thinking. Unless you snag something very cheap, it makes more sense to save and search for the correct setup.
View Quote
As far as mk4's go, both illuminated and non-illuminated have been seen in use. I think illumination just comes down to more of a personal preference, which for $400+ my personal preference says I'm good without....haha
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as mk4's go, both illuminated and non-illuminated have been seen in use. I think illumination just comes down to more of a personal preference, which for $400+ my personal preference says I'm good without....haha
View All Quotes

Exactly. And I think I can count on one finger how many times I've used any of my illuminated reticles on all of my other scopes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By unoigo:
What about Leupy Mark 4 1.5-5, have those been spotted?
View Quote
Don’t think in the wild. But check my first post. There is a build with one and it looks great.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]
New barrel from CLE

Mocked up
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
CLE spins some nice stuff. I prefer the bead blasted look...
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
If anyones got any leads on a Wilcox doctor mount for NF rings throw me an IM. Literally gunna be the last part I need after stamps. 2 years with no luck so far.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:46:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#10]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
If anyones got any leads on a Wilcox doctor mount for NF rings throw me an IM. Literally gunna be the last part I need after stamps. 2 years with no luck so far.
View Quote
Yeah I've been after one of those for going on 2 years now. Only one I've come across is a guy selling it, the rings, an mrds and 3.5-10x40 non-illum for like $2500 and he wouldn't split them. I'm starting to lose hope. Although I may have a lead on a Wilcox T1 ring cap.... hopefully that one will pan out.

ETA- has anyone tried contacting Wilcox bc their site still says call to order this product for the ring cap....
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#11]
If Wilcox only knew how many people were looking for that fucking simple little ring cap... Perhaps WE should let them know.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
If Wilcox only knew how many people were looking for that fucking simple little ring cap... Perhaps WE should let them know.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking....maybe they would do a run if the order was big enough to make it worth it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#13]

Yeah I've been after one of those for going on 2 years now. Only one I've come across is a guy selling it, the rings, an mrds and 3.5-10x40 non-illum for like $2500 and he wouldn't split them. I'm starting to lose hope. Although I may have a lead on a Wilcox T1 ring cap.... hopefully that one will pan out.

ETA- has anyone tried contacting Wilcox bc their site still says call to order this product for the ring cap....
View Quote
I’ve tried to call and order, they told me it’s discontinued. As for a larger order I don’t know what they would say. That’s why mine has the insight mrds mount because I couldn’t locate the Wilcox one
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]

That's what I was thinking....maybe they would do a run if the order was big enough to make it worth it.
View Quote
ARFCOM Group buy? Shit I need two of them, one for this and one for the MK17.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]

ARFCOM Group buy? Shit I need two of them, one for this and one for the MK17.
View Quote
I'm in if someone wants to be a POC....
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm in if someone wants to be a POC....
View Quote
I'll call next week and find out if they even will accept a 'bigger' order.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Been down this road a year or two ago. No dice.

That said, the T-1 ring cap is still being produced and not hard to find at all...

https://ownthenight.com/mounts-accessories/small-arms-systems-accessories/product/12913-wilcox-aimpoint-t1-nightforce-scope-ring-interface-p-n-48301p03
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

That said, the T-1 ring cap is still being produced and not hard to find at all...

https://ownthenight.com/mounts-accessories/small-arms-systems-accessories/product/12913-wilcox-aimpoint-t1-nightforce-scope-ring-interface-p-n-48301p03
View Quote
Yeah, I ordered one of those recently. Just kinda blow's not producing those anymore. A ton of people would grab them if available.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

View Quote
I didn't even know you could still get them, I'll have to order one...thank you sir!
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#20]

I'll call next week and find out if they even will accept a 'bigger' order.
View Quote
I’d be in for one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

I’d be in for one.
View Quote
Would round your build out nice.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Do I really want to pay $200 for the Wilcox Aimpoint Micro mount?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Do I really want to pay $200 for the Wilcox Aimpoint Micro mount?
View Quote
Nope, you wanna buy my Larue/Harris combo!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
You going Atlas?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:20:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#25]

View Quote
I want to buy that, too.  As far as the Wilcox mount, I want one but don’t know if it’s worth $200 to me.  Maybe if I could find a good deal on a T1.  Also, if a barrel is cut down so the AEM5 is flush to the rail, does the barrel need to be recontoured also?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#26]

I want to buy that, too.  As far as the Wilcox mount, I want one but don’t know if it’s worth $200 to me.  Maybe if I could find a good deal on a T1.  Also, if a barrel is cut down so the AEM5 is flush to the rail, does the barrel need to be recontoured also?
View Quote
I’m in the same boat. Just don’t know if it’s worth $650 to have a dot I’ll use every once in a while.

Yes re contoured. The step has got to be pushed back.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#27]

I’m in the same boat. Just don’t know if it’s worth $650 to have a dot I’ll use every once in a while.

Yes re contoured. The step has got to be pushed back.
View Quote
Yes it's worth it! Bc if you don't do it you will want to and then if Wilcox stops producing them.....well $200 will have been a bargain. Plus T1's can be found on the ee for around $500ish and if you are gonna paint it you can get an h series for less
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#28]

Leupold or NF in the wild scopes only. Unless you are running a Delta/MRE build then Short Dot.
View Quote
Well......  

You know this one had to come up at some point in here......  

Of course there always is the "original original recce"........ :

You know I had to post em at some point.........  Did someone beat me to it?  I didn't check all the pages....
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#29]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Well......  

https://i.imgur.com/1eIk48n.png

You know this one had to come up at some point in here......  

Of course there always is the "original original recce"........ :

https://i.imgur.com/Dy5Ghxn.jpg

You know I had to post em at some point.........  Did someone beat me to it?  I didn't check all the pages....
View Quote
Those are just regular M4s. Not Recce. Free float rail, match barrel, and variable optic qualify as a Recce.

Only exception is the Delta MRE Recce that uses an M4 barrel
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Those are just regular M4s. Not Recce. Free float rail, match barrel, and variable optic qualify as a Recce.

Only exception is the Delta MRE Recce that uses an M4 barrel
View Quote
Not true.  Original Recce had Acogs....hell there’s a book on it.

https://books.google.com/books?id=v1yqCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA162#v=onepage&q&f=false

I believe Augie has a few posts on this as well if you search his posts on this forum.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#31]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/What_is_a_Recce_configuration_/118-353268/

Found frogman and Auggies conversation from 2007.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Just ordered my Wilcox T1 ring cap and sent the leupy back to my buddy in exchange for his T1 and I'm starting the clone diest and saving every sent for my x24....time to do this right!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered my Wilcox T1 ring cap and sent the leupy back to my buddy in exchange for his T1 and I'm starting the clone diest and saving every sent for my x24....time to do this right!
View Quote
x24 master race.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#34]

x24 master race.
View Quote
Yup....had to join it
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Were Arredondo magwells ever used with SEAL Recce's?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:
Were Arredondo magwells ever used with SEAL Recce's?
View Quote
Christ, I hope not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Christ, I hope not.
View Quote
Possibly the ugliest thing you could ever put on a RECCE.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Christ, I hope not.
Add a DD stock and pistol grip and you really got an A-class abortion.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#39]
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:

Not true.  Original Recce had Acogs....hell there’s a book on it.

https://books.google.com/books?id=v1yqCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA162#v=onepage&q&f=false

I believe Augie has a few posts on this as well if you search his posts on this forum.
View Quote
Either way those two rifles are M4s. Non free float KAC RAS and acog. What they were doing might have been Recce but as far as the NSW/Delta Recce configuration we are going for in this thread, they are not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#40]

x24 master race.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#41]
It's your thread eyekahn, do you want me to take them down?

How about that one with the fixed stock, m4 barrel with the FSB cut off, round FF handguard and a leapy scope mounted to a rail attached to the top of the receiver with the carry handle cut off?  I can't seem to find that pic right now....
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#42]

How about that one with the fixed stock, m4 barrel with the FSB cut off, round FF handguard and a leapy scope mounted to a rail attached to the top of the receiver with the carry handle cut off?  I can't seem to find that pic right now....
View Quote
Leave em up it’s all part of the discussion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
BAN HIM!!!!!!!!! LOL
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
I owned two and it was not well thought out. You can't torque down the screws under the rheostat. I've never experienced a loss of zero or loosening but thought I should point that out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Is there anywhere I can send my ARMS TRC/TRR to be cut down?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#46]
For anyone who has had a Wilcox T1 mount, are they marked Wilcox with a part number or unmarked? I just got mine but order through a third party and it came in an unmarked bubble wrap bag with no markings. Judging by quality and finish I would say it's legit but just want to check....

Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#47]
@patriot_man would know, he used to run one on a rig I've seen before.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#48]
For anyone who has had a Wilcox T1 mount, are they marked Wilcox with a part number or unmarked? I just got mine but order through a third party and it came in an unmarked bubble wrap bag with no markings. Judging by quality and finish I would say it's legit but just want to check....

https://i.imgur.com/MkGm5ih.jpg
View Quote
Mine had no markings and the finish looks similar. If you bought it from a dealer, I wouldn't worry.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#49]

https://i.imgur.com/MkGm5ih.jpg
View Quote
Sooo these are attainable all of a sudden?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

Mine had no markings and the finish looks similar. If you bought it from a dealer, I wouldn't worry.
View Quote
Thanks man!
Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top