Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
IDF Clone/KISS Carbine Pics (Page 70 of 87)
Page / 87
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#1]
What's this new stock on more recent IDF pictures? I've looked up CAA, FAB, and IMI Defense,  can't find it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Willmar:
Anyone else think it looks like a 16" barrel?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/68624/6A7F6AC4-BCAC-4CAF-B5CA-BD6F4872363C-661720.JPG
View Quote
What barrel?

:D
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kvjavs:
What's this new stock on more recent IDF pictures? I've looked up CAA, FAB, and IMI Defense,  can't find it.
View Quote
Those are most of the ones I know of, do you have a pic of the stock you are asking about. I'm sure someone here can identify it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
What barrel?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
Anyone else think it looks like a 16" barrel?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/68624/6A7F6AC4-BCAC-4CAF-B5CA-BD6F4872363C-661720.JPG
What barrel?

The pic was nicer before I cropped it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
Source pic please? I need to verify its authenticity by examining geometry of the curves in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By shadohh:
Source pic please? I need to verify its authenticity by examining geometry of the curves in the picture.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TargetEarth:
Those are most of the ones I know of, do you have a pic of the stock you are asking about. I'm sure someone here can identify it.
View Quote
This stock:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kvjavs:
This stock:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68624/7A464523-CEBA-44FC-A3E6-3DE196B6A23C-602753.JPG
Guys we need help I thought this would be easy, Now it's a quest to find it.
I thought it was a old CAA but can't find anything
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Guys we need help I thought this would be easy, Now it's a quest to find it.
I thought it was a old CAA but can't find anything
View Quote
I searched all over the place for it. No luck. Checked MAKO, IMI, CAA.... nada. Could be a new offering. Check Zahal in a month.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
KISS A2 Commando:
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
KISS Nodak lower
6.5 Grendel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been looking everywhere!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ChrisWMT:
KISS A2 Commando:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1863/44665151761_169926f2d3_k_d.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  11.5"?  What barrel did you use?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By familyman357:

Nice.  11.5"?  What barrel did you use?
View Quote
It's an old Bushmaster upper with 11.5" HBAR 1:9 twist.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CT83578] [#15]

Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice! What happened to the delta ring?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Dag nabbit. I knew someone would notice. Lol. I was gonna Dremel if off and changed my mind halfway through. Lol. I have a new one in the parts bin, but haven't gotten around to putting it on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Love the warn look. Did you paint it and strip it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I painted it, used it till it was worn, and got tired of the paint texture, and did a once-over with a paint stripper. It wasn't much more painted than you see it now when I stripped it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm seeing this stock all over IDF instagram pics.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
PA 5X?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:34:11 AM EDT
[#23]
3x.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CT83578:
3x.
View Quote
Cool! Been looking at building a 14.5 carbine just like that.

Maybe an IDF style 11.5 or 12.5 pistol. The SBA3 kinda looks like something FAB or CAA would churn out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if it qualifies, but here it is.

Cavarms lower
A1 upper
BA 14.7" lightweight midlegnth barrel with pinned and welded a2 flash hider
Magpul SL handguards
Gooseneck mount with PA red dot.  Tried an aimpoint pro but could not get a cowitness with it.
Streamlight poly light mounted with bracket from IWC.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess this counts too.

numirch izzy barrel 14.5 pinned to 16, cut down fsb.
rifle length casv
specter mag pouch
a1 stock brownells
a1 brownells grip
aero lower
aero upper with OD cerakote
SI polymer dust cover
aimsurplus nitride bolt.
mapgul sling
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#27]
can't find a source for the new we idf stocks
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willmar] [#28]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Pic taken with bluebonnets this past summer.  This rifle has stayed KISS and holds a personal record for doing so (I have all the stuff to make it not kiss but have not put them on it).

Another pic with 2 .22lrs from same day.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By balloo93:
Pic taken with bluebonnets this past summer.  This rifle has stayed KISS and holds a personal record for doing so (I have all the stuff to make it not kiss but have not put them on it).

https://i.imgur.com/Gyaf3py.jpg
View Quote
I think you're on to something with this. Needs a light of some sort, in my opinion, but this is still good. I may take a page out of your book. I guess it's the midlength look, the retro stock, and carry handle? It all just works. Nice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#31]
My Bushmaster M4 pulling security for the storm.

Oct 13

Making breakfast at the moment.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
KISS and breakfast. Nice!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:09:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrandonP] [#33]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Anyone have an IDF AR replica with a MARS red dot sight?

I'd love to see a pic or two!

-Ed
View Quote
8 years later lol

It's about as IDF as it gets minus the light. The bayo lug mount, handguards, stock, grip, zip tie in the grip, sling, and sling attachpoint point...hell even the paracord was taken off of my 09 IDF M4.

Still my favorite configuration. Fuck free float rails...you don't need new age gear to kill terrorists. Still training though I've been out for a while. Running a stress test we used to run...run 100 meters, 90 meters back, crawl 10 meters, 10 rounds prone at 100 with 15 pushups in between. Knee pad and gloves also permanently borrowed without asking but hey - it was US property first.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrandonP] [#34]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
My Bushmaster M4 pulling security for the storm.

Oct 13

Making breakfast at the moment.
View Quote
Looks good man! Usually with those mag couplers we would wrap them in tape with an empty case between the mags (to prevent them from squeezing too close to one another in the pouch), then loop some paracord through the bottom. Bedside gun gets ones of these and I keep another in my vest...love em.

This video shows him making the thing without the metal clip but the same procedure applied to the ones made with the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMDSFKIWC8
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Love the info. What other gold nuggets do you want to share?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ck2020:
View Quote
Maybe he can identify the Mystery Stock
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ck2020:
View Quote
Wish I could call this stuff gold nuggets, thanks bro

FWIW I have no idea what that stock is...I got out in 09 and I don't remember seeing anything like that around. Please take my perspective in context given that I've been out for almost a decade so things might have changed. I'll post links to pics so I don't spam the thread with non-rifle pics.

Talking to buddies of mine currently serving (Marines, Army), it sounds like compared to US training the Israelis really skimp on long-range shooting (farthest we shot in the designated marksman course was 300m) but trade it for more exhaustion drills (usually shooting after running either 200 or 400m).

Until something like the mid 2010s, a lot of the infantry units slept in tents the entirety of their basic and advanced training (7-8 months). They were actually pretty legit, set up on cement slabs, but still tents.

A shocking amount of gear in the infantry units is hand-made. The stretcher carriers were made from WWII surplus packboards (https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/283120589885_/US-Cover-Canvas-Packboard-Plywood-Pascoe-Inc-1951.jpg), and the stretchers were attached using the rubber liners from ammunition cans, 50 cal links, nails, and 550 cord. Basically, you run the rubber liners around the hooks in the packboard to tie down the stretcher, and on the ends that lay near the hooks in the packboard you tie the 50 cal links. This is the part that holds the stretcher. Then, you tie nails into the 550 cord spaced out to coincide with the 50 cal links, and leave some hanging off as a handle. You load the stretcher by lashing the rubber liners over the stretcher, and use the nails through the 50 cal links to hold them in place. When you yank on the 550 cord, all the nails pop free and your stretcher is loose. Pic here: https://cdn.timesofisrael.com/blogs/uploads/2016/04/image.jpg

People steal shit from the army constantly, usually to arm local protection teams (kitat konenut). Guys at the kibbutz are pretty open about it too...somehow I ended up with like 20 Galil mags as gifts despite that rifle having been out of service in the infantry for years. Every decade or so, they put up commercials on TV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDKrea6Ktc) begging people to bring stuff back. I wish I'd kept it...in a local newspaper in 08 they released a report of all of the stuff that was returned. Multiple tanks and helicopters. Miscellaneous Moshe was hiding a fucking tank on his kibbutz "just in case." Can't make this stuff up.

Speaking of handmade, nowadays (from what I can gather from FB and Instagram) everybody seems to be getting issued modular equipment, but prior to 2010 this wasn't the case. If you wanted something special, there were actually guys in your units amlachiyah (tailor) who would make it for you. Usually you had to bribe them. They'd make morale items (magazine covers, watch covers, stuff like that) for everybody, and spend the rest of their time making vests and other equipment out of nylon for commanders and soldiers who they particularly liked. I gave a tailor in Kfir a fuckton of cigarettes for a few MOLLE AR pouches, but unfortunately my shitty Hebrew meant that they came out derpy and I have to use zip ties with them. But, they are pretty neat - a combination of nylon and leather. The grenade pouches are the absolute best. They have a design where a loop of nylon goes underneath the grenade and out the top of the pouch attached to a plastic D ring, so when you yank it, your grenade pops up and is much easier to grab.

That's all I got. More roffle pics?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:18:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: familyman357] [#38]
Originally Posted By BrandonP:

People steal shit from the army constantly, usually to arm local protection teams (kitat konenut). Guys at the kibbutz are pretty open about it too...somehow I ended up with like 20 Galil mags as gifts despite that rifle having been out of service in the infantry for years. Every decade or so, they put up commercials on TV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDKrea6Ktc) begging people to bring stuff back. I wish I'd kept it...in a local newspaper in 08 they released a report of all of stuff that was returned. Multiple tanks and helicopters. Miscellaneous Moshe was hiding a fucking tank on his kibbutz "just in case." Can't make this stuff up.
View Quote
lol, holy shit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#39]
That's super cool.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:09:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrandonP] [#40]
Article from the 2016 equipment return program:
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Civilians-hand-over-missile-launcher-assault-rifles-and-grenades-to-IDF-450295

“We received hundreds of grenades, explosive bricks, assault rifles and hand guns.

A missile launcher from the 1980s, and land mines,” Brikman said.
View Quote
Never know when you're going to need a LAW bro.

Article discussing the scope of the problem plus a picture of some of the returned gear. https://www.haaretz.com/army-lost-14m-in-equipment-to-theft-1.5296012

Those black berets are for shirion, or armored corps...I have no idea how they managed to squeeze that fucking guy into a tank.

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, but I'm banned from GD so this is my only place to talk about old army stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Those with the M&A Parts repro CAR stock - is it pretty wobbly or does it lock up tight?

Some great KISS inspiration in this thread, love the concept!
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BrandonP:
Article from the 2016 equipment return program:
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Civilians-hand-over-missile-launcher-assault-rifles-and-grenades-to-IDF-450295

Never know when you're going to need a LAW bro.

Article discussing the scope of the problem plus a picture of some of the returned gear. https://www.haaretz.com/army-lost-14m-in-equipment-to-theft-1.5296012

https://images.haarets.co.il/image/fetch/w_640,q_auto,c_fill,f_auto/fl_any_format.preserve_transparency.progressive:none/https://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.5557200.1514736597!/image/1018316866.jpg

Those black berets are for shirion, or armored corps...I have no idea how they managed to squeeze that fucking guy into a tank.

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, but I'm banned from GD so this is my only place to talk about old army stuff.
View Quote
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Drankupdabeers:
Those with the M&A Parts repro CAR stock - is it pretty wobbly or does it lock up tight?

Some great KISS inspiration in this thread, love the concept!
View Quote
I have 2 M&A car stocks and I can hardly tell them apart from the 2 N1 Colt stocks that I have. Can’t beat the price either.

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:03:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#45]
Ive posted Israeli Elbit Falcons on here a few times, they were always the civilian Mark II.
Finally got a IDF issue Mark I, custom mount built for it by Barnes Precision Machine
Il post details of it in optics thread.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I guess this counts too.

https://i.imgur.com/1sxQIQg.jpg

numirch izzy barrel 14.5 pinned to 16, cut down fsb.
rifle length casv
specter mag pouch
a1 stock brownells
a1 brownells grip
aero lower
aero upper with OD cerakote
SI polymer dust cover
aimsurplus nitride bolt.
mapgul sling
View Quote
Strangly cool looking.   And you get points for the L-Plate on the mag.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Well this is what happens when you get project ADD and start your own version of an upgraded Colt Commando but along the way decide you want an IDF clone and then start looking at threads of XM177 clones......so its a little bit of everything.

All Colt parts A2 upper with an FBI HRT 11.5" barrel except for the Geissele Airborne CH and Surefire FH and a Geissele SSA down below.

Just finished building it to celebrate voting against the anti 2A Beto here in Texas today....

Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Not exactly IDF, but it does have Israel made handguards and grip! Yeah its a Tapco stock.get over it!Attachment Attached File

I do like the Israeli made stuff....built like a brick sh*thouse!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#50]
How do you like those hand guards?  Been thinking of getting some?
Page / 87
IDF Clone/KISS Carbine Pics (Page 70 of 87)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top