Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2024 1:11:30 PM EDT
Is there anything that works good for mags in a Aero Precision that will lock the bolt back on last shot. My magpul mags will not let the bolt lock back on last shot. My bolt seems to keep the mag from letting the bolt catch grab. It keeps the follower push down and goes right over it and the bolt catch will not latch. I am using a Cryptic bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The magazine follower is supposed to push on the bolt catch inside the lower, not capture the bolt. Something tells me you may not have things adjusted properly with the lower, or something is missing.  Any pictures of the bolt catch inside the lower?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Aero M5?
Lancer L7AWM.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Aero Precision
View Quote

Chambered in what?  Aero make a lot of shit!
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G15] [#4]
It is a .308 and I even cleaned the Bolt carrier good and still doesn't work that good. I had a brand new Lantac I took out of the package and it works better. Yes it is a Aero M5.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OldHenryRifle] [#5]
Does it lock back if you just run the charging handle with an empty mag in it?  My M5 would not lock back on the last round, but it would lock back manually.  It also ejected cases about 2 feet.  I measured the gas port and it was way undersized, I want to say it was something like 0.080", but I don't remember for sure.  I read that DPMS spec for an 18" RLGS was 0.093", so that's what I opened it up to.  It locks back every time now.  ETA, I'm using Magpul mags.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I fixed the problem. I took my jp silent captured combo out and put the stock spring back in and it works perfect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G15:
I fixed the problem. I took my jp silent captured combo out and put the stock spring back in and it works perfect.
View Quote

I was guessing that the bolt wasn't coming back far enough.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy a G.I. bolt carrier or change your buffer weight.

If the rifle cycles too quickly it can outrun the magazine's ability to lift the next round in time.

IMO, standard GI BCG's are the only way to set a rifle up unless you are actively participating in speed/timed events with millisends making the difference.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top