Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Damn that's sexy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:
When you want to larp cag but you don’t need more real estate. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497552/IMG_5630_jpeg-2837574.JPG

Damn that's sexy.

It really is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
lol thought about a unimount but it’s just not the same.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:
When you want to larp cag but you don’t need more real estate. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497552/IMG_5630_jpeg-2837574.JPG
View Quote

Shoot that's more like larping Kevin B's SR15
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Swapped the NX8 for an ATACR and added a Recce rail to the 6 ARC mini.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Not even a RISII on there
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

View Quote

Replied in there
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

Replied in there
View Quote

That one is more fitting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Replied in there
View All Quotes

Replied in there

We should all just go post our Block II's

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Replied in there
View All Quotes

Replied in there

Is that a Toto Wolff reference I detect in your post?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Is that a Toto Wolff reference I detect in your post?
View Quote
Marty Daniel lmao. I just blame Marty when I see dumb DD stuff.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:23:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#12]

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]

I need this in my life!!  I'm fucking overflowing with 14.5's and the likes but have yet to clone my own carry rifle from OIF 1 back in 03'.  Beautiful rifle my man
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 5:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#16]

El Cerdito

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Sawman clone inspired build
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
There ya go!

That duplex is amazingly nice to use as a bdc.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
There ya go!

That duplex is amazingly nice to use as a bdc.
View Quote
It was also inspired by your rifle too. This one is in 350 legend. I had the barrel laying around so I figured I would use it on this one.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Groovy build - I dig it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 8:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#22]
Not that it's better than the mk12, I just have more fun with this one, more often.  I have mastered the Mod H. This is just pre-SPR Seal Recce utilitarian goodness, at the most basic level.

My bro on the Sawman.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't know if this qualifies to be here. Brand new socom with an aimpoint comp m4s with a LaRue mount. Need a qrp mount unless LaRue has been used.

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 12:32:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#24]
Originally Posted By Gonzaar24:
I don't know if this qualifies to be here. Brand new socom with an aimpoint comp m4s with a LaRue mount. Need a qrp mount unless LaRue has been used.

https://i.imgur.com/oxb9NEn.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/WNSSGZC.jpeg
View Quote

Fits here fine, but man is that thing clean. It’ll fit better after you shoot the piss out of it, take a class or two with it, or, wait for it … (I was waiting for Secretsquirrel to say it first), needs paint!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Throw it down the driveway
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

Fits here fine, but man is that thing clean. It’ll fit better after you shoot the piss out of it, take a class or two with it, or, wait for it … (I was waiting for Secretsquirrel to say it first), needs paint!
View All Quotes

A guy's gotta work ya know? Can't spend all of my time pointing out the lack of paint in various threads.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]

A guy's gotta work ya know? Can't spend all of my time pointing out the lack of paint in various threads.
View All Quotes

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#28]
If you were building out an M16A4 dissipator and didn’t want an ACOG or a red dot, what optic would you use?

Going for early (01-08’ish) GWOT and would prefer an optic that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and is easy to find. Thinking a TR24 at the moment but open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
If you were building out an M16A4 dissipator and didn’t want an ACOG or a red dot, what optic would you use?

Going for early (01-08’ish) GWOT and would prefer an optic that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and is easy to find. Thinking a TR24 at the moment but open to suggestions.
View Quote

Get one of those rubber coated tasco's. I saw a few mounted to carry handles. Or just use a carry handle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#30]

View Quote

Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T, not the easiest to find but not the most difficult either. I’ve seen them on the EE for about $500.00. There’s one on eBay for about $700.00. Bonus points if you mount it on a carry handle.

ETA: Unrelated but I’ll post this here too.

For those unaware, Ace Ltd. will be doing a run of Gen 3 SOCOMs with the square lock. Some minor changes will be present.

Ace Ltd. Industry Subforum
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Get one of those rubber coated tasco's. I saw a few mounted to carry handles. Or just use a carry handle.
View Quote

Was that common lol? I know we had a member here that used one in theater and documented it pretty well but I think I’ll pass with my luck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Was that common lol? I know we had a member here that used one in theater and documented it pretty well but I think I’ll pass with my luck.
View All Quotes

Not really. I saw a couple. I had one on my squirrel rifle back home I was trying to get someone to get for me for my SAW. It was in storage so that was a no
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#33]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T, not the easiest to find but not the most difficult either. I’ve seen them on the EE for about $500.00. There’s one on eBay for about $700.00. Bonus points if you mount it on a carry handle.

For those unaware, Ace Ltd. will be doing a run of Gen 3 SOCOMs with the square lock. Some minor changes will be present.

View All Quotes

I’m actually debating a Vortex Ranger now that I’m looking around. It’s the Vortex PST 1 of that era, they just relabeled it and kept selling it under a different line.

Either way I think ocular mounted illumination knobs can sneak by, Leupold or Vortex.

Not really. I saw a couple. I had one on my squirrel rifle back home I was trying to get someone to get for me for my SAW. It was in storage so that was a no

It was before you joined but an active duty guy in maybe 2006 or so used his all over the sand box. I think his mount eventually failed but the optic never did. This was back before you could even find a Chinese red dot that could survive a real firearm. It was a hell of a controversy at the time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#34]

I’m actually debating a Vortex Ranger now that I’m looking around. It’s the Vortex PST 1 of that era, they just relabeled it and kept selling it under a different line.

Either way I think ocular mounted illumination knobs can sneak by, Leupold or Vortex.

It was before you joined but an active duty guy in maybe 2006 or so used his all over the sand box. I think his mount eventually failed but the optic never did. This was back before you could even find a Chinese red dot that could survive a real firearm. It was a hell of a controversy at the time.
View All Quotes

I was already out by 06 lol.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]

I was already out by 06 lol.
View Quote

My fault, meant before you joined ArfCom.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#37]
Handy bros, I need someone to explain the best way to counterbore for the buttons on this GG.  It’s bugging the fuck out of me.  The hole is already drilled through, snug for the threaded part of the button.  Basically, I want the silver bezel to be recessed or flush with the grip.  This is what I’m working with:

Schematic for the button:

What’s going to be the best way to make this happen?  Buy a counterbore set from amazon?  Explain it to me like I’m an idiot.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:03:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#38]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Handy bros, I need someone to explain the best way to counterbore for the buttons on this GG.  It’s bugging the fuck out of me.  The hole is already drilled through, snug for the threaded part of the button.  Basically, I want the silver bezel to be recessed or flush with the grip.  This is what I’m working with:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/73C21F52-E052-4DA7-986B-EF625DCC9A1A-2879433.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/47A1EB6E-39AC-4110-AB0F-7749B1F5A867-2879434.jpg

What’s going to be the best way to make this happen?  Buy a counterbore set from amazon?  Explain it to me like I’m an idiot.
View Quote

Probably not the easiest way, but you could put the grip in a vice on a drill press. Set your depth to the thickness of the bezel. Grab a bit that’s the diameter of the bezel and drill out the top of each hole until you hit the depth of the bezel.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/73C21F52-E052-4DA7-986B-EF625DCC9A1A-2879433.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/47A1EB6E-39AC-4110-AB0F-7749B1F5A867-2879434.jpg

View Quote

You're on the right track w/ a counterbore. Exactly how I would do it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Probably not the easiest way, but you could put the grip in a vice on a drill press. Set your depth to the thickness of the bezel. Grab a bit that’s the diameter of the bezel and drill out the top of each hole until you hit the depth of the bezel.
View All Quotes

The problem with using a twist drill is that it won't give you a square bottom and can make the material too thin which could lead to issues down the road. And they like to grab in plastic and pull themselves into the material and screwing everything up.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 2:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#41]

The problem with using a twist drill is that it won't give you a square bottom and can make the material too thin which could lead to issues down the road. And they like to grab in plastic and pull themselves into the material and screwing everything up.
View All Quotes

A sharp Forstner bit on slow speed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

That would probably be a bit chattery, but would be quite a bit cheaper than a counterbore.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Handy bros, I need someone to explain the best way to counterbore for the buttons on this GG.  It's bugging the fuck out of me.  The hole is already drilled through, snug for the threaded part of the button.  Basically, I want the silver bezel to be recessed or flush with the grip.  This is what I'm working with:

What's going to be the best way to make this happen?  Buy a counterbore set from amazon?  Explain it to me like I'm an idiot.
View Quote

Endmill or counter bore bit in a vertical mill. Nothing else  is gonna look clean.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I'm sure you follow gangerstergripguy on IG, maybe shoot him a message?
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the advice, dudes.

I ended up pulling it apart and taking a little material off by hand with a countersink.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it got the bezels flush so I’m good with it.

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#46]

I ended up pulling it apart and taking a little material off by hand with a countersink.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it got the bezels flush so I'm good with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/477BAFBB-2285-417E-9355-6C64E29FDC02-2881985.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/BF7142F6-A290-4B0C-9B90-2D0CEAFAF8B6-2881986.jpg
View Quote
You didn't f it up like you coulda, so it's a win
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#48]

I ended up pulling it apart and taking a little material off by hand with a countersink.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it got the bezels flush so I’m good with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/477BAFBB-2285-417E-9355-6C64E29FDC02-2881985.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/BF7142F6-A290-4B0C-9B90-2D0CEAFAF8B6-2881986.jpg
View Quote

Nicely done.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

First time for everything!

Finished product:

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Was lucky enough to find period correct kitchen flooring to complete the look

Attachment Attached File
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top