Site Notices
Forward Controls Design (Page 26 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
0.750 GBF is in production, 0.625 GBF will be released next week
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the 0.625 be available on your site or is it shipping to your distributors first?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We're marking most of them as blems for tool marks in the lower portion.  Completely invisible once installed and inside the handguard, but some people will complain.

They're going to Revival Defense and Rooftop Defense, we'll make some available for ourselves as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 1:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OlacAttack] [#4]
I was looking at the OCKS screws and adding the gas key from the drop down on the site. Is it the phosphate key or one of the NP3 coated ones? Any alla cart extractors in the future to go along with the Sprinco upgraded springs?

@Duffy

Edit, didn’t realize the keys were oos till after I posted.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
We'll get some gas keys back in stock, these are phosphated and chrome lined
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
We'll get some gas keys back in stock, these are phosphated and chrome lined
View Quote

Perfect I’m in no rush and phosphate is what I wanted. Never done my own gas key staking, off to youtube
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
@Duffy (Roger),

I’m slightly confused as to the modifications required to the RHF-C to accommodate an A2 FSP in a mid length gas system.

I understand the two piece design was tailored towards the A2 FSP and TDP barrel nut, so as to not require the removal of the FSP or pinned FH to install the handguard.

What actually needs modified for a 9.5” HG?

TIA.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
@Duffy any updates on the parallel mounts for LPVO/MPVO's?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Clear ano charging handles? Did I see that right?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#10]
RHF-C are Centurion FSP rails without the FSP cut, instead of modifying an RHF-C to fit a front sight post, you can buy it from \Centurion Arms

No ETA on LPVO version of parallel mount, it's gone to ano, that's the latest news this morning.

We'll be running a small batch of clear ano ACF and EPCs
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
RHF-C are Centurion FSP rails without the FSP cut, instead of modifying an RHF-C to fit a front sight post, you can buy it from \Centurion Arms

No ETA on LPVO version of parallel mount, it's gone to ano, that's the latest news this morning.

We'll be running a small batch of clear ano ACF and EPCs
View Quote

Imma need that clear ano acf...
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]

@Duffy that's still fantastic news! I wasn't sure if the design made it past the hypothetical stage. Damn you for being methodical and conservative about bragging on new releases 🤣 Seriously though, y'all at FCD make awesome stuff. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
And now I'm going to pull my ad for the 1.93 30mm because this is great news.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Is the recommended mount for an RMR on the PMA the RM33 mount?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#15]
You can use RM33, or any low RMR Picatinny mount, it's not picky on height.  Even tall mounts can work but low mounts will put it almost side by side with the ACOG without much height difference.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#16]
You can use RM33, or any low RMR Picatinny mount, it's not picky on height.  Even tall mounts can work but low mounts will put it almost side by side with the ACOG without much height difference.
View Quote

Same or similar height is what I'm going for.

I'm open to suggestions other than the RM33 if anyone has a particular mount they liked.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything:

Same or similar height is what I'm going for.

I'm open to suggestions other than the RM33 if anyone has a particular mount they liked.
View Quote

Having a lever on the same side as the path of the scope's FOV was messing with me and why I had chosen to use the RM33 because of how clean it was.

What I really wanted to use was the LEAP/04  to get it a smidge taller but it would not secure tightly to the rail and would rock back and forth. If it has to be QR and not on a budget I would suggest to look at the the Larue LT837.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
We were able to get throw lever mounts to work without issues, that was one of the reasons PMA is shaped the way it is.  Some mounts are unidirectional, many are not.  PMA allows bulky throw lever mounts to attach to the Picatinny rail, whereas rejected designs in development wouldn't.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

Having a lever on the same side as the path of the scope's FOV was messing with me and why I had chosen to use the RM33 because of how clean it was.

What I really wanted to use was the LEAP/04  to get it a smidge taller but it would not secure tightly to the rail and would rock back and forth. If it has to be QR and not on a budget I would suggest to look at the the Larue LT837.

https://static.larue.com/media/prodthumbs/03/20/0320e159c58b7a6930089b55e6670fd4.jpg
View Quote

I use the LT837 with my TA01/509t combo, and it's fantastic (w/ the CHPWS RMR-509T adapter plate installed, which brings the 509t up in height just a bit).
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm also looking at the ADM low mount at the moment.
I like that I can get a version with a level on either side.
I am considering getting the right hand version as this will be going on the right hand side, but it's possible that the left hand lever will allow for a slimmer profile and not obstruct the ACOG view.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#21]
I'm also looking at the ADM low mount at the moment.
I like that I can get a version with a level on either side.
I am considering getting the right hand version as this will be going on the right hand side, but it's possible that the left hand lever will allow for a slimmer profile and not obstruct the ACOG view.
View Quote

Righthand side, that's for lefthanded shooters using their left shoulder, not sure if you're aware of that or not. There's also the adjustment knob on that side of the ACOG that's going to be partially obstructing the window's view of the RMR. It's why Duffy wanted to bonk me when I asked if a taller mount could be used

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Righthand side, that's for lefthanded shooters using their left shoulder, not sure if you're aware of that or not. There's also the adjustment knob on that side of the ACOG that's going to be partially obstructing the window's view of the RMR. It's why Duffy wanted to bonk me when I asked if a taller mount could be used

View Quote

Left handed
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Left handed
View Quote

A KRAM spacer or the taller ADM or Unity ACOG mounts may just be tall enough for the knob to clear, or maybe get a taller 1/3 RMR possibly unless you're okay with a partially obscured window.

I shoot lefty too. When I get the LPVO parallel version, IF it ever gets released (hah), one of the things that I am going to do is see if it's 1.15 height would be a better option or not since it will be lower. If not, well I just happen to have a Badger CI COMMS 1.93 in 30mm that Ducky 6 suggested to use.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#24]

A KRAM spacer or the taller ADM or Unity ACOG mounts may just be tall enough for the knob to clear, or maybe get a taller 1/3 RMR possibly unless you're okay with a partially obscured window.

I shoot lefty too. When I get the LPVO parallel version, IF it ever gets released (hah), one of the things that I am going to do is see if it's 1.15 height would be a better option or not since it will be lower. If not, well I just happen to have a Badger CI COMMS 1.93 in 30mm that Ducky 6 suggested to use.
View Quote

This is why I love this place. "Have you considered product x"

Ordered ADM's cantilever acog mount, which hopefully raises it up enough and gives me a better option for running folding irons if I really want.

I'm currently running the stock mount, and watched a guy rip his ACOG off during a shooting stage because it had lost zero. I had no back up if that were to occur to me.

I also saw a guy running 45 offset which started this whole rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#25]

I also saw a guy running 45 offset which started this whole rabbit hole.
View Quote
Rukh

If you look closely, there's a battery cover knob underneath if battery swaps are concerning with potential zero needing to be redone.

There's also Arisaka for offset. For offset irons that are southpaw supporting, there's the Midwest Industries left or right side set. But if you wanted to use something else or at a loss for real estate options, then you can use the right handed ones just mount them backwards.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Post Malone knows what charging handle is best. Wonder what other ducky stuff he’s running.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#27]
I'd never use Austin for marketing purpose, had he sent the pic to me, I wouldn't have posted it.  But someone else did so I guess we can comment on the pic.  ACF is visible, many other parts are not

One of the nicest guys I know, he's generous and kind to everyone he meets, truly a wonderful human being.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd never use Austin for marketing purpose, had he sent the pic to me, I wouldn't have posted it.  But someone else did so I guess we can comment on the pic.  ACF is visible, many other parts are not

One of the nicest guys I know, he's generous and kind to everyone he meets, truly a wonderful human being.
View Quote

I have heard that about him from everyone in industry that has done business with him. Truly refreshing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Roger, what is the purpose of the recessed cut (appears to be anti-rotation?) in the last t-slot on the URF-F? I didn’t see anything in the product description and it didn’t fit the G rail I have.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:
Roger, what is the purpose of the recessed cut (appears to be anti-rotation?) in the last t-slot on the URF-F? I didn’t see anything in the product description and it didn’t fit the G rail I have.
View Quote

Got a pic?
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Got a pic?
View Quote

Sure do

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:59:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#32]
Appears it's for one of G's handguards or Centurion Arms handguards.  URF-F is made by Centurion Arms for us, I'd prefer the pin hole for HDSI, SOLGW handguards use, but we didn't specify for the notch to be deleted, so it's on our uppers as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Very interesting. That doesn’t appear to match the Geissele notch. Looks like something reminiscent of Centurion gas block but I wasn’t aware their handguards had that type.

I definitely prefer the ZEV / Noveske / SOLGW anti-rotation pin that is hidden.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Very interesting. That doesn’t appear to match the Geissele notch. Looks like something reminiscent of Centurion gas block but I wasn’t aware their handguards had that type.

I definitely prefer the ZEV / Noveske / SOLGW anti-rotation pin that is hidden.
View Quote

I can’t find anything on their website that would suggest their handguards do. It’s inconsequential in my eyes, but I did find it interesting.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#35]
We talking about the Super Duty uppers? Their lug is a lot wider.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
We talking about the Super Duty uppers? Their lug is a lot wider.
View Quote

No, Centurion. It's obviously not a Super Doody match.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#37]
soon to be installed

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#38]

No, Centurion. It's obviously not a Super Doody match.
View Quote

Called Centurion. Super helpful. Made indeed for their rail system.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
**Fellow left handers

I put together the following set up and like it so far.

FCD PMA
ADM cantilever Acog mount
TRIJICON RM33

Together this allows the ACOG to clear the RMR window. I had tried the ADM quick disconnect RMR mount, but it was too tall.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#40]
We're playing with a bubble level on the PMA mount, works very well with LPVOs
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:33:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: berserker19] [#41]
Is there a picture anywhere of the PMA with any kind of RDS shown from behind with the right side aka left handed shooter mounting? From the website for the PMA it makes it sound like it works for left handed shooters but there isn't any other information or photos of it set up like that and it sounds like it doesn't work from what a lot are saying. For me mounting my acog on a jacked up riser mount is a no go as I need a solution to bolt on to my service carbine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#42]
The cutout on the Honey Badger upper receiver looked like it would follow the lines of ABC/R perfectly. Unfortunately it’s not centered vertically. Maybe the rearward bias would fit better. It functions fine but it’s really close to contacting upper.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:55:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eddster] [#43]
Originally Posted By berserker19:
Is there a picture anywhere of the PMA with any kind of RDS shown from behind with the right side aka left handed shooter mounting? From the website for the PMA it makes it sound like it works for left handed shooters but there isn't any other information or photos of it set up like that and it sounds like it doesn't work from what a lot are saying. For me mounting my acog on a jacked up riser mount is a no go as I need a solution to bolt on to my service carbine.
View Quote

Lefty here. TA01 mounted on a Kram spacer, w/ offset 509T  mounted on a PMA. I haven't done a lot of shooting with this setup yet, but so far I like it a lot. It requires less movement of your head and rifle vs a traditional 45° offset mount, so there's definitely a learning curve involved (especially if you're used to rolling the rifle inwards as with a 45° offset mounted on the left side). But when you get used to moving your head and rifle very slightly (I think FCD says about 10°, it becomes very natural and fast to pickup the red dot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Any news on the LPVO version of the PMA?  Or did I just miss the announcement?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you think the RDS would clear the windage cap on the side if you had the acog in a factory height mount? Changing my ACOG mount is not an option i'm looking to see if a PMA/RDS will be a bolt on solution.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#46]
The windage turret is very low profile and doesn't unduly block the red dot sight mounted on PMA.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Appears it's for one of G's handguards or Centurion Arms handguards.  URF-F is made by Centurion Arms for us, I'd prefer the pin hole for HDSI, SOLGW handguards use, but we didn't specify for the notch to be deleted, so it's on our uppers as well.
View Quote

How on earth do you stamp your name on a product that you don’t fully know the ins and outs or the design intent on?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bobfig:
soon to be installed

https://i.imgur.com/KbJuBCZ.jpg
View Quote

I never could get Dead Ass cans to be close to concentric when checking with an alignment rod, until I started using FCD muzzle devices.   They are a lot better than DA devices that’s for sure.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#49]
These are sourced from Centurion Arms and weren't on the ones we got before, it's not our design and we didn't ask for it.

Originally Posted By Reekus:

How on earth do you stamp your name on a product that you don’t fully know the ins and outs or the design intent on?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#50]
The windage turret is very low profile and doesn't unduly block the red dot sight mounted on PMA.
View Quote

Thanks I'm going to give this a try as the RCO isn't going anywhere as our issued optic and my only issue is the high profile options of 45 degree or top mount suck for a myriad of reasons
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 26 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top