User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Forward Controls Design (Page 25 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
OPF-G, RMR sight to plate screws are available on our site, do a search RMR and it'll show up, sorry can't post links.

We have new magnets now, the Duckzilla one is pretty popular lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Placed a new order today in preparation for our 0.625 gas blocks
View Quote

When can we expect to see the 0.625 gas blocks available?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably 4 to 6 weeks, GBFs are a pain to make
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#4]
Just received my RHF-C 9.5" handguard. Really love the design of this thing. Wish you made a 10.5" version though. Any plans to add that to the lineup eventually?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
We do have RHF 10.5, but it's a single piece design, not the two piece design from Centurion Arms which is rather costly to make.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We do have RHF 10.5, but it's a single piece design, not the two piece design from Centurion Arms which is rather costly to make.
View Quote
Yeah I saw those. I am more a fan of the two piece designs that use the milspec barrel nut. Especially ones made by Centurion.

I might have to buy the quad rail version from you as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Our dealers have both 9.5 and 11.5 RHF4 now, we wait for them to sell first before we start selling them ourselves
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone is in the market for 308 ACFs all 3 colors are back at Revival Defense:

https://www.revivaldefense.com/fcd-acf-308-charging-handle?mc_cid=15ffb4c2eb&mc_eid=7ee5f1950f
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TeegsGR:
If anyone is in the market for 308 ACFs all 3 colors are back at Revival Defense:

https://www.revivaldefense.com/fcd-acf-308-charging-handle?mc_cid=15ffb4c2eb&mc_eid=7ee5f1950f
View Quote

@Nutro
@bfoosh06
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#11]
Made a bunch of changes to my 11.5", in the process it acquired a FCD safety, bolt catch and mag release. The stuff is far from free and I'm not going to put it on everything, but it is damn nice. This makes 2 rifles I've outfitted with their lower parts. I'm sure eventually the others will get there too, but I'm trying to be strong. Mil-spec is fine!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m looking at the PMA to use in conjunction with an RCO on my issued rifle with a low mount RMR. Recommendation for a left handed shooter is to run on the right side of the gun but I’m concerned about being able to see the rmr around the windage adjuster on the right side of the acog. Anyone who has tried this setup or can comment on whether this works well?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]
If anyone comes across an ASF-50Q with the dimples painted red, let me know. I had mine stolen in transit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:54:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#14]
Lacquer-Stik Paintstick on Amazon, available in white and red.

Crayon works pretty well for that too
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#15]
Originally Posted By 123409:

What is the purpose for that? Is the shorter throw that vital to your operating?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 123409:
Originally Posted By Alien:
I'm only rocking the amazing 50 degree safety w/ Q levers at the moment, but I plan to get some more stuff in the near future.

https://i.imgur.com/ymHmD2y.jpg

What is the purpose for that? Is the shorter throw that vital to your operating?
@123409
As a matter of fact it is vital because shorter throw levers annoy you and that's the main reason I purchased this safety.

Now, if you would kindly (and carefully) pull that stick out of your ass, you'd realize that it simply makes more sense from a design and ergonomics standpoint. I rather like ergonomic and well thought out parts. They help make your shooting experience better. The shorter throw on the FCD safety, while seemingly insignificant, offers just such an advantage. The seemingly small benefits of well designed and ergonomic AR-15 parts coalesce, contributing to a superior whole, where the end result is far greater than the sum of its parts. The FCD safety, in particular, elevates my rifle shooting experience to a level I can only describe as transcendental.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
@123409
As a matter of fact it is vital because shorter throw levers annoy you and that's the main reason I purchased this safety.

Now, if you would kindly (and carefully) pull that stick out of your ass, you'd realize that it simply makes more sense from a design and ergonomics standpoint. I rather like ergonomic and well thought out parts. They help make your shooting experience better. The shorter throw on the FCD safety, while seemingly insignificant, offers just such an advantage. The seemingly small benefits of well designed and ergonomic AR-15 parts coalesce, contributing to a superior whole, where the end result is far greater than the sum of its parts. The FCD safety, in particular, elevates my rifle shooting experience to a level I can only describe as transcendental.
View Quote

Not on board with the whole short throw thing. I do admire your willingness to go out of your way to annoy him though .
I love the Q levers and FCD makes impeccable stuff, but I disagree that short throw is an improvement. I think it's simply another option. Me and my thumb are simply too old to get on board with some newfangled rotation.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#17]
Originally Posted By Stowe:

Not on board with the whole short throw thing. I do admire your willingness to go out of your way to annoy him though .
I love the Q levers and FCD makes impeccable stuff, but I disagree that short throw is an improvement. I think it's simply another option. Me and my thumb are simply too old to get on board with some newfangled rotation.
View All Quotes
@123409

It's only shorter on my trigger finger side. I wanted an ambi safety because it's actually kind of intuitive and kind of natural to safe the weapon using your trigger finger. The issue is that when I got my ACR when it first came out many years ago, the normal length ambi safety would dig into my hand on the trigger finger side of the gun when shooting. I very quickly took the safety off and ground it down to alleviate this. When I went to purchase a Forward Controls Design safety, it only made sense (to me at least) to get a shorter trigger finger side safety lever to alleviate this potential issue. Thanks to the shorter throw and 50 degree rotation, it hasn't been a problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:33:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#18]
A short throw safety is faster to switch from SAFE to FIRE, and FIRE to SAFE.  

When I was at Battle Arms, it was my long term goal to make the short throw a legitimate option, the way different grips, stocks, handguards, etc. are.  At the time (2011 to the time I left) it was mostly seen as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing.

In 2020 when we (FCD) went back to the safety selector space with SOLGW, we made sure it's everything we wanted, and nothing we dislike about current offerings.  Much to my surprise, short throw safety has become more popular than the conventional 90 degrees throw.  

None can tell you what works best for you, fortunately for all of us, there are options to choose from.  Before Battle Arms started making 45 degree safeties, there was no option except for different shapes of levers.

We changed to 50 degree for safety reasons.  With just the right trigger, safety and lower combination, with sufficient force, one can put the safety on SAFE, pull the trigger very hard, the trigger can cam the safety center and drop the hammer.  Anything over 50 degrees won't do it.

Short throw does require a bit of getting used to, the speed in which the safety can be manipulated is both a feature, and something to watch out for.  It's so fast to flip it from SAFE to FIRE, the rifle is on FIRE before the gun is on target.  Once you get used to it, it's as though it should have been designed this way to begin with.

With a short throw, also watch for the trigger finger inadvertently putting the safety back to SAFE.  The q lever mitigates that by virtue of its lever being slightly offset and higher up, there's less chance of the extended trigger finger moving upward and rotating the safety back to SAFE in the process.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Pre production V3 upper on a LMT lower

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#20]
It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#21]

When I was at Battle Arms, it was my long term goal to make the short throw a legitimate option, the way different grips, stocks, handguards, etc. are.  At the time (2011 to the time I left) it was mostly seen as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing.

In 2020 when we (FCD) went back to the safety selector space with SOLGW, we made sure it's everything we wanted, and nothing we dislike about current offerings.  Much to my surprise, short throw safety has become more popular than the conventional 90 degrees throw.  

None can tell you what works best for you, fortunately for all of us, there are options to choose from.  Before Battle Arms started making 45 degree safeties, there was no option except for different shapes of levers.

We changed to 50 degree for safety reasons.  With just the right trigger, safety and lower combination, with sufficient force, one can put the safety on SAFE, pull the trigger very hard, the trigger can cam the safety center and drop the hammer.  Anything over 50 degrees won't do it.

Short throw does require a bit of getting used to, the speed in which the safety can be manipulated is both a feature, and something to watch out for.  It's so fast to flip it from SAFE to FIRE, the rifle is on FIRE before the gun is on target.  Once you get used to it, it's as though it should have been designed this way to begin with.

With a short throw, also watch for the trigger finger inadvertently putting the safety back to SAFE.  The q lever mitigates that by virtue of its lever being slightly offset and higher up, there's less chance of the extended trigger finger moving upward and rotating the safety back to SAFE in the process.
View Quote
Thank you for making such a fantastic product!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#22]

View Quote

I was old school thinking on the short throw safeties until I tried my instructors gun in class. Wow! I see no downside to it, as long as you practice and train and know it.

I’m switching all of mine over, some will get FCD, others Radian.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Short throw is better, I don't believe it's even a debatable thing. The FCD safety should be everyones gateway into the product line as it really does elevate your shooting with such a little thing. If some old dog wants to argue that they can't learn a new trick, well thats on them. Certainly not on the item. Can't praise the FCD safety enough!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#24]
For folks that are used to the 90 degrees, or have it trained into muscle memory, 90 feels just right.  That there are choices for both short throw and conventional 90 degrees is a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]
It's beautiful.
View All Quotes
It's beautiful.

I love how it protects the LMT ambi controls and the flat sides look great with the Geissele Mk 8. The pre productions were supposed to have tool marks but I just don't see it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Form & Function- Roger Wang- Forward Controls Design
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#27]

None can tell you what works best for you, fortunately for all of us, there are options to choose from. .
View All Quotes

None can tell you what works best for you, fortunately for all of us, there are options to choose from. .

For folks that are used to the 90 degrees, or have it trained into muscle memory, 90 feels just right.  That there are choices for both short throw and conventional 90 degrees is a good thing.

Agreed on all accounts. The 90 just feels so right and normal plus it's already faster to engage with from both safe to fire and fire to safe, that 90 is still a non issue with and what I prefer on my rifles. Those wanting to argue what I know best for me is just plain silly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
My most recent SBR build I decided to do a A5 RE system with a law folder.  After doing some research came across Chads video discussing FCD castle nut wrench and knew I needed it for my build. The next thing I knew after visiting FCD website I had their large castle nut, wrench, A5 Tube, Muzzle Device Wrench, Ambi Selector, rail skins, and wire management covers.  I am beyond impressed with the quality and function of FCD products.  As an LEO and Vet I just don't give my money to anyone.  FCD has my business!  

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#29]
^^ Now that's a quality first post, welcome to the site.

Man, an A5 with a LAW folder, I'd like to see that LOP with the stock all the way back
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#30]
@Duffy, any plans to make the MCF-A in goose grey? I'd like to have a set to match my RE. I ordered some other crap to get me by while I wait, but I want the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Dawg555:
My most recent SBR build I decided to do a A5 RE system with a law folder.  After doing some research came across Chads video discussing FCD castle nut wrench and knew I needed it for my build. The next thing I knew after visiting FCD website I had their large castle nut, wrench, A5 Tube, Muzzle Device Wrench, Ambi Selector, rail skins, and wire management covers.  I am beyond impressed with the quality and function of FCD products.  As an LEO and Vet I just don't give my money to anyone.  FCD has my business!  

View Quote

One thing the market was lacking was quality tools for very specific applications. The castle nut wrench, low pro gas block jig and others really do help for those who build a lot. Midwest Industries should get a lot of credit for this too. All that R&D, money, material and time, to make tools for only a select few who will buy them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]
We can get some Cerakoted, MCF-A is a new product that needs time to get more momentum rolling, since we don’t advertise or do any marketing, new products take time to gain traction enough for us to start doing new colors.

@Duffy, any plans to make the MCF-A in goose grey? I'd like to have a set to match my RE. I ordered some other crap to get me by while I wait, but I want the real thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Makes sense. I'll just keep waiting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#34]
I currently have the following from FCD in my DDM4V3:

•FCD SOTAR
•FCD ACF
•FCD RBF
•FCD ASF-90Q
•FCD ABC/R V3
•FCD TGF
•FCD LDFA
•FCD EMR-H
•FCD EMR-A

The experience of installing these components and then running them has been great. A lot of attention to detail and many of the more subtle ones really shine when actually getting out there and running with it. Their charging handle and ambi. safety selectors just cannot be beat and are my two favorite components from the list above.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#35]
Amazing customer service
I ordered a receiver extension, end plate and castle nut from them. It hasn't even shown up yet and I changed my mind about what color I wanted. I filled out the contact us info and within 2 minutes someone called. She was friendly, expressed interest in my gun and pulled the parts I wanted aside just to make sure they didn't sell out before my return showed up. I'm already pro FCD based on the quality of their parts, but this just stepped it up even more. Their stuff might not be cheap, but for the fit and finish you get and the service (I've used it a couple of times) they are worth every penny.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank you!  That's my wife, she's very friendly lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Thank you!  That's my wife, she's very friendly lol
View Quote

She was, but not in an annoying way. In general I hate people. The ones that try too hard are the worst. She was just naturally friendly. She's very good at her job. You should give her a raise.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Just hit 2000 rds of suppressed only fire in my FCD sbr build. I’ve run it in 2 pretty intense carbine courses. It’s been flawless. The only thing I would prefer is slightly larger handles on the ACF. One handed malfunction drills are hard enough as it is.

12.5” Hodge barrel. With the exception of trigger (Larue), grip, stock, buffer / spring, it’s all FCD components. Perfect little carbine for out to 250 yards so far.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#39]
ACF's handles are small on purpose (barely any wider than TDP CH width).  It's a compromise, when all the pros and cons are tallied, we chose to keep the ACF handles small.

1. Small handles are less likely to snag on things and unlatch unintentionally.
2. They won't dig into your back or chest when slung.
3. Small handles naturally force you to pull the CH back straight, instead of pulling the CH back at an angle.
4. The way ACF's latches are designed, your fingers are very close to the center of the CH, this is beneficial for left hand shooters as it is very close to clearing the FA's rim (if you have one with a rim).

The compromise is some folks might find it harder to access with LPVO, I never had an issue with using TDP spec or ACF with LPVO.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#40]
RHF-C 9.5 installed on a Black River Tactical 11.5" Optimum upper. I'm a big fan of this handguard. It's my favorite version of the C4 design by far. I would love to see a 10.5" length come out though. Nudge nudge.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
RHF-C 9.5 installed on a Black River Tactical 11.5" Optimum upper. I'm a big fan of this handguard. It's my favorite version of the C4 design by far. I would love to see a 10.5" length come out though. Nudge nudge.

https://i.postimg.cc/Ghfzcz3p/IMG-6785.jpg
View Quote

Is that a 1.70 Arisaka? How's the weight on it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I have a 13.7 RHF on one of my 14.5s. It is indeed a nice handguard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

It's a 1.93". Weight seems pretty comparable to other mounts from what I can tell. It's probably lighter than the LRP mount the T2 came with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#44]
It's a 1.93". Weight seems pretty comparable to other mounts from what I can tell. It's probably lighter than the LRP mount the T2 came with.
View Quote

Goof feedback. Scalarworks needs to hurry up with their 1.93 height iron BUIS set so I can jump right in and commit in full.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Any ETA on the LMC Mag Catch or EPC Ejection Port Cover?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#46]
LMC is months away.  We have a few blemished FDE ones on the site now
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I can’t recall on my FCD build, does the RHF have the index pin / hole in the handguard or not?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Our handguards do not.  Our billet uppers have the hole for it though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Our handguards do not.  Our billet uppers have the hole for it though.
View Quote

That’s right. I remember now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone got a line on in stock GBF's?

I'm having a time finding something that fits this Triarc barrel decent. So far Aero and SOLGW aren't making the cut. The journal is tad on the lean side but I've seen variances in just about everyone's gas blocks. The two GBF's I've used in the past seemed pretty good though.
Page / 32
Forward Controls Design (Page 25 of 32)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top