Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 39 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can find a local store that orders from RSR, they have a few pistol lowers in stock. They haven't had rifle lowers in forever. That's what I did
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 6:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#2]
https://imgur.com/lFwseF4

16" SCR
FightLite SCR Monte Carlo Lower
B.king Firearms Upper
- 16″ mid length 1/8 wylde, slim 4150 barrel, perm attached thread protector,  w/ 13.5″ slim m-lok rail
- Arisaka M-lok indexer
- Romeo 5 on a ARMS QD mount
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
So am I the only one assuming that Fightlite has mothballed the SCR?

The signs I see don't look good. And their patent is still good for 8 years before anyone else can copy it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fyrpower1972:

The signs I see don't look good. And their patent is still good for 8 years before anyone else can copy it.
View Quote
I'd still love to see one of these with a Brownells 180 upper on top. Do away with the whole proprietary BCG.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Lefty with Pulsar XM38

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 1:12:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fyrpower1972] [#6]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:

I'd still love to see one of these with a Brownells 180 upper on top. Do away with the whole proprietary BCG.
View Quote
Maybe petition Ruger to retire the Mini14 and come out with a new traditional stock rifle that takes AR Mags and the Brownells upper. At least then they could justify a price like what they are asking for Mini’s now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 3:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#7]
Originally Posted By Fyrpower1972:

View Quote
You're not the only one assuming that, though I haven't seen anything official.  Looks like I waited too long.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

You're not the only one assuming that, though I haven't seen anything official.  Looks like I waited too long.
View Quote
Not really, you could still buy one of the price gouged ones and still receive the same amount of customer service everyone else is getting currently, which is zero.

My wonder is parts for the proprietary  stuff on the lower. If that trigger goes, so does the rifle. Same with the bolt group.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I can see RSRs inventory and they have pistols and pistol lowers in stock right now. If your local shop orders from them,  you are in luck.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear it, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By coldblue:
Contrary to some opinion here, the SCR and Fightlite are alive and well, but very busy. Pics from Orlando show a few weeks ago:https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19411/lamo_forend_2019-1169515.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19411/lamo_stock_2019-1169516.jpg
View Quote
Gonna take more than a few display rifles at a convention, where they need product to display, to convince me otherwise. Zero SCR rifles on their home page. In the past they would list them as back ordered. Their FB page is devoted to their MCR rifle. They haven't posted a SCR rifle since October 18th. And after that one Raider pistol pic.

So if you mean they are busy promoting the MCR, then yes, you are correct. Because they are radio silent in regards to the SCR.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#13]
I see their gas block sight set on the pepper one.  They never seemed to have those in stock for more than a second.  Actually saw one in the wild once.  A guy was checking it out at the counter, as I was getting ready to go into the range, and didn't really know much about it.  I told him how much I liked mine and why, and then told the guy behind the counter that if it was still there when I came out, I'd be buying it.  Needless to say, it was gone when I finished.

Too bad, too.  Not only did it have those sights, but this is back when they were $750 for a complete rifle (new; I think this one was less, as it was used.)  I had actually just purchased my second SCR, but would have taken a third.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I'll be damned, there it is.  Good news.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the overall looks of the Boyd buttstock but that sculpted line going from the bottom of the pistol grip down to the toe is heinous, looks like they copied the Tikka T3. It's a deal breaker for me, well that and it says on Boyds website they won't ship to California.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally, my Form 1 stamp came in from the ATF so I could put my SCR together, only 5 weeks this time.  I bought it as a complete Raider since I couldn't find a rifle lower, sold off the upper, then submitted my paperwork and had the lower laser engraved.

After the stamp came back, I drilled and tapped the grip retainer to 7/16 and cut a piece of all thread to bolt down the 1187 Montecarlo stock.  I opened up the channel in the stock just a tad, this allowed me to avoid finding a rifle buffer system.

The upper is a Q Honey Badger 1:5 twist 300blk 7.5" barrel with the gas turned off, left side charge, Griffin taper mount and Griffin Sportsman can.  Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 FFP, Aero super light mount, Seekins rail, and Griffin modular iron sights.

If I were intending to shoot it semi-auto, I'd still be seeking out a rifle buffer (I'm allegedly still on the 2 week waiting list with Fightlite) but since this is intended to be my take on the Mini Fix, and be as quiet as possible, the pistol system works just fine, it's essentially a straight pull bolt action.

Now I just need to get it dialed in with the Discreet expanders and get after the yotes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I want one of these.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
Finally, my Form 1 stamp came in from the ATF so I could put my SCR together, only 5 weeks this time.  I bought it as a complete Raider since I couldn't find a rifle lower, sold off the upper, then submitted my paperwork and had the lower laser engraved.

After the stamp came back, I drilled and tapped the grip retainer to 7/16 and cut a piece of all thread to bolt down the 1187 Montecarlo stock.  I opened up the channel in the stock just a tad, this allowed me to avoid finding a rifle buffer system.

The upper is a Q Honey Badger 1:5 twist 300blk 7.5" barrel with the gas turned off, left side charge, Griffin taper mount and Griffin Sportsman can.  Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16 FFP, Aero super light mount, Seekins rail, and Griffin modular iron sights.

If I were intending to shoot it semi-auto, I'd still be seeking out a rifle buffer (I'm allegedly still on the 2 week waiting list with Fightlite) but since this is intended to be my take on the Mini Fix, and be as quiet as possible, the pistol system works just fine, it's essentially a straight pull bolt action.

Now I just need to get it dialed in with the Discreet expanders and get after the yotes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164254/5B448B8D-74BC-4629-8CEB-32C118F6B6F2_jpeg-1220958.JPG
View Quote
Kinda what I wanted to do with my Raider lower when I had it.  Was discouraged that it had a different recoil setup than the rifles and also the retainer holding the grip was stuck on mine and didn't want to force it and screw it up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Is gen 1 SCR worth buying at a good price?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tnertb:

Kinda what I wanted to do with my Raider lower when I had it.  Was discouraged that it had a different recoil setup than the rifles and also the retainer holding the grip was stuck on mine and didn't want to force it and screw it up.
View Quote
The retainer was pretty tight on mine, but it came off pretty easy using a pair of 90* snap ring pliers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 1:11:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#26]
Someone I know just got a first generation SCR for $500. Monte Carlo stock, lightly used. No sights. No bolt catch. Likely an original trigger.

What's next? Any advice on sights, handguards, trigger job etc.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I would love to get one for a 6.5 Grendel hunting build, but their $650 price is ridiculous. Hard to justify that price when these days I can buy entire rifle for that much.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By batjka104:
Someone I know just got a first generation SCR for $500. Monte Carlo stock, lightly used. No sights. No bolt catch. Likely an original trigger.

What's next? Any advice on sights, handguards, trigger job etc.
View Quote
Alot of people using Scorpion sights on these with great luck.  Not sure how much you can do trigger wise, mine actually is pretty nice.  Handguards etc is all your preference
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
How can front sight be installed?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By batjka104:
How can front sight be installed?
View Quote
Most people just mount it on the front of a free float rail, just like most modern ARs:

Ares/Fightlite did release a special front sight that was barrel mounted (on their gas block), but those are few and far between:

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:49:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#31]
Holosun HE507C-GR is right at home, but my terrible astigmatism caused me to return it. Might try the Bushnell lil p, or scorpion sights if I can ever find them again.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:11:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maverick52] [#32]
I don't want to clutter a pic thread with talk, but I'm looking through here for some inspiration and thought I might get some good answers to a few questions.

1. What's the best (right) side charging upper (without the standard charging handle area still being there) for the SCR? Reciprocating is fine with me.
2. Is there any way to get a Larue-level of quality trigger?
3. Any thoughts on piston vs DI for the SCR?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Just polluting this thread with more shots of my ARES...

Here's how it's set up currently. Holosun HS403B, cotton M1 Garand sling, and Brownells 25 round straight magazine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Planning on getting the wooden stock lower direct from fightlite but would rather have a monte carlo stock to reduce weight. If there is any one interested in a trade I will order it with one of the 4 choices and swap out the wooden for the plastic one.
IM me if any one is interested

Cross posted from the NY HTF for more views
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]
These Scorpion sights are phenomenal. Should have found a set a loooong time ago.

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#37]
The Brownells BRN upper on this is a fantastic idea. I was thinking a PWS 7" Diablo would be awesome too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JHorne:
The Brownells BRN upper on this is a fantastic idea. I was thinking a PWS 7" Diablo would be awesome too.
View Quote
PSA JAKL?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#39]
BradN, did your plan ever come to fruition? I'd love to get a SGA stock on my SCR even if it means buying a BRN180 upper.

Originally Posted By BradN:
As is, it's not compatible.  The angle of the action tube is different than the SGA stock.  My plan to do a Brownells BN180 upper, unscrew the action tube and make an adapter to take the 1/4-28 stock bolt.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By vandal:
BradN, did your plan ever come to fruition? I'd love to get a SGA stock on my SCR even if it means buying a BRN180 upper.

View Quote

I've made the little adapter to go into the receiver for the stock but I haven't had the funds for the BRN upper yet. It will work I just need the money right now. Once the upper is here, I'm SBRing it quickly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#41]

I've made the little adapter to go into the receiver for the stock but I haven't had the funds for the BRN upper yet. It will work I just need the money right now. Once the upper is here, I'm SBRing it quickly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vandal:

Tell me more about this adapter. I’ve got a BRN sitting on the table but haven’t had a chance to look into it yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Take your grip or stock off.
Install a small threaded adapter I made.
Install SGA stock and BRN upper.
Enjoy.

The adapter is just the receiver thread on one end and 1/4-28 thread inside for the stock bolt. I also made a simple 6 pin wrench to get the grip retaining nut off. Funny thing I made an integral Ruger pistol and made the end cap use the same wrench...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
These Scorpion sights are phenomenal. Should have found a set a loooong time ago.

https://i.imgur.com/PiHx9Xbl.jpg
View Quote

They really are.

I'm trying to figure out which optic would work best with them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#44]
BRN-180 upper on SCR Lower with SGA stock.

1) Purchase and install SCR SGA stock adapter from BradN.

2) Buy BRN-180 upper from Brownells

3) Cut slot in BRN-180 upper for SCR sear (drill & end mill)

4) Slightly widen slot in BRN-180 upper for SCR hammer (end mill or file)

5) Round off BRN-180 plastic cap "fake bolt protrusion" to match the contour of the plastic cap (file or dremel)

6) Enjoy

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Bad ass!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Reconsidering buying one of these.  Have ideas in my mind.  Need some answers though.

It seems the “pistol” lowers are cheaper and more readily available than the rifle lowers.  I read that they have different recoil systems.  Can anyone elaborate on exactly what the differences are?  Will a stock not be able to fit on the pistol lower (think sbr or adding a long upper)?

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#47]
The pistol lower has a shorter recoil system than the rifle lower.  A stock won't fit on my pistol lower.  I've heard you can order the rifle parts on Fightlite's site but I haven't tried.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Where is the best deal on the rifle lowers? Preferably one with the walnut stock?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#49]
The pistol lower has a shorter recoil system than the rifle lower.  A stock won't fit on my pistol lower.  I've heard you can order the rifle parts on Fightlite's site but I haven't tried.
View Quote

I looked on their website earlier.  I couldn’t find much of anything for sale.  No recoil parts.  No front sights.  Nothing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 39 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top