BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2024 6:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin]
Greetings all!

A buddy and I have been talking about making our own Service Rifles for a while now and we finally decided to make it happen...

However, we discovered that Black Guns Wood is shutting down!

He still has some blems in stock, so my buddy and I asked him to pick the best ones he had and send them.  Honestly, if he hadn't told us they were blems, we probably wouldn't have noticed.  

He also may make a final run later in the year... so, if anyone else was thinking about it, now is the time to act!  As far as I know, he's the only place making wood furniture for ARs, so, this may be your last chance.

Many of the sources for parts that were featured in other threads about these have also gone away, so we had to do some hunting to find some of the parts needed... but the wood is the hardest one by far.

We're also having lowers from Bad Attitude custom engraved and anodized for us.  Should be pretty cool!

Yes yes yes look at the nerds... whatever, we'll be having fun shooting our Service Rifles regardless of what the haters may say!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:11:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JayAndhek_24] [#1]
Hello - the “buddy” here - we will be posting pictures once the lowers come in.

B.A.D. quotes a 4-6 week turnaround (maybe longer?) If you hold your custom engraved lower back for anodizing. So it may be a minutes before they are in hand.

I can also post a parts list if anyone is interested. Been looking forward to this project for a long time - can’t wait to get it built and out on the range.

Won’t go quietly into the night - the Legion can count on that……..
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a bit late to this, but Harrington & Richardson are producing wood furniture sets on PSA's website now. Currently they're selling a Black Walnut set, but an Aberdeen Brown variant is coming soon. However the Black Walnut set is out of stock at the moment, alternatively you can buy a set from American-Icon.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Somehow I completely missed or forgot that H&R had wood furniture out already. Both the American Icon and H&R (made by American Icon) sets come with A2 length buttstocks, which is unfortunate.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/h-r-m16a1-wood-furniture-kit-black-walnut.html

I wanted gray upper/lower receivers and the correct slabside lower profile more than a custom rollmark, and came up with a parts list:
H&R 601 lower
H&R gray LPK
Rock River Arms chrome 2-stage trigger (Having shiny trigger pins was important to me so I also have an ALG ACT with stainless steel trigger pins from JSE)
Brownells 601 pivot pin

H&R C7 upper
H&R gray charging handle
H&R A1 ejection port cover
H&R chrome BCG
WMD nickel boron forward assist

That's a lot of H&R lol (thanks Mike)
I can't find the post but I remember reading that the American Icon wood furniture is actually lighter than the normal plastic furniture, so with a pencil barrel, it should make for a pretty handy rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been following H&R closely on the retro front and I didn’t even know they made wood stocks. Huh.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top