Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2017 3:08:30 PM EDT
Finally got the furniture for my rifle in a few days ago and with that, it's finished!  

I set out with the goal to make the most correct NCR Service Rifle clone that I possibly could, and after about 6 months I believe I've done that.

I started with a raw 80% so I could get the exact engravings I wanted, plus I was going to have it re-anodized anyway. After getting back from the engraver I milled it out on a 5D Tactical jig. I didn't have it long before I sent it out to HKILLER for anodizing. It took a couple months but I got the parts back and I very happy with how they turned out. I've been talking with Gene from Blackgunswood.com for about 7 months now trying to score a set of his furniture but since I wanted an A1 grip profile and A1 buttstock, I had to wait. He just got back to me last week saying the grips were ready and my order was going to ship. I got them a few days ago and I gotta say, they are GORGEOUS. So glad I went this route.

Anyway, enough talk here it is:

And here is a shooting video if you are interested.

Don't know why the video isn't working, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbhJNom3lGU&t=33s

Build Spreadsheet
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a good looking gun, I am going to have to build one of those one of these days!

Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
 I think I just drooled a little bit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Nicely done
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
For those like me who didn't know what NCR was: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, I feel like it needs a tear drop assist.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those like me who didn't know what NCR was: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic
View Quote
My bad, should have included that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice touch with the bottle cap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Man that build came out. Glad that upper went somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man that build came out. Glad that upper went somewhere.
View Quote
Couldn't have done it without ya, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
A blue star sunset sarsaparilla bottle cap? Nice!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, you're ready to take on the Mojave with that bad boy. Its a thing of beauty.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
The furniture is beautiful.

My son has told me all about Fallout (and I mean ALL about it), and I should have picked up on the bottle cap, but no...  I was stuck with “no carbon required” in my brain.  Maybe it’s because we have a bunch of forms like that at work....

Anyway, it’s a great build.  I hope it shoots as nice as it looks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, that is awesome...

The wood looks fantastic.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top