Site Notices
Locked Aero M4E1 Burndown (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Bro, you derailed this thing, doubled down, said everyone was "off topic", and now are desperately trying shift the blame, but only after YOU decided it was now ok to discuss what you originally claimed was off topic.

Once again, stop acting like you run the place and control the flow of discussion.  That attitude is what got this thread here in the first place.

Just STFU and bow out.
View Quote

I did made several attempts to bring it back on topic but you keep blasting out crap. As I said the guy is a shill and seems like you're having a very hard time figuring that out. Maybe you ordered it from OpticsPlanet and now you're pissed off?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

I did made several attempts to bring it back on topic but you keep blasting out crap. As I said the guy is a shill and seems like you're having a very hard time figuring that out. Maybe you ordered it from OpticsPlanet and now you're pissed off?
View Quote

Don't own a single aero product, they do nothing for me.  And I agree with you that these videos are absurd, and I agree with you that he is a shill.

That's not the issue here.  You thinking you and you alone control what ideas can be discussed is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't own a single aero product, they do nothing for me.  And I agree with you that these videos are absurd, and I agree with you that he is a shill.

That's not the issue here.  You thinking you and you alone control what ideas can be discussed is.
View Quote

I only replied to threads but now you're the dude that's putting words in my mouth. So shame on you this time around. I never said anything. All I asked is what does barrel contour has to do with the original video. And you and everyone else were unable to provide that. I decided to read the article mentioned and nothing about barrel contours mentioned.

So I'll ask one more time. What does barrel contours have to do with anything in the original video or anything else mentioned in this topic?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#4]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
You can't fix stupid.
View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken.

I mean, they're a little off topic of course.........

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#5]

Truer words have never been spoken.

I mean, they're a little off topic of course.........

View Quote

So you can't answer the simple question? I thought it was a discussion forum where you teach and educate people? Yet you can't explain what barrel contours have to do with the video or why and instead you choose this route? So far you claim that the topic was derailed yet you can't explain what barrel contours have to do with an advertisement from opticsplanet?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]

So you're not going to actually talk about barrel contours as mentioned in the thread?
View Quote

"BuT the gUy in The vId diNNa talk aBOUt bArrEl prOFiles. U kNoW, ThE OpTIcs PlaNet sHiLL...."

I suggest finding some meds or switching yours around.

Just stop, you're beyond help.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#7]

"BuT the gUy in The vId diNNa talk aBOUt bArrEl prOFiles. U kNoW, ThE OpTIcs PlaNet sHiLL...."

I suggest finding some meds or switching yours around.

Just stop, you're beyond help.
View Quote

Okay so help me out here. Let's pretend for a second he spoke about barrel contours and you're explaining what he just explained. Since you said I'm a dummy, let's say you're explaining it like I'm a little kid.

Explain barrel contours in relations to the barrel meltdown video. You're that Kentucky dude, you just got paid by opticsplanets, you're on video, you got the mic, your hair is combed, you got your makeup on, and you're going to explain it like a pro. Ready... set... go...
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Okay so help me out here. Let's pretend for a second he spoke about barrel contours and you're explaining what he just explained. Since you said I'm a dummy, let's say you're explaining it like I'm a little kid.

Explain barrel contours. Ready... set... go...
View Quote

We’re not allowed.  You already told us it’s off topic to discuss that so……
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#9]

View Quote

Dude I hate Optics Planet. You sound like a paranoid schizophrenic accusing every one of being part of some Optics Planet conspiracy.

Just stop. This isn’t healthy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]

We’re not allowed.  You already told us it’s off topic to discuss that so……
View Quote

Okay go ahead and explain it. ready... set... go...
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#11]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Dude I hate Optics Planet. You sound like a paranoid schizophrenic accusing every one of being part of some Optics Planet conspiracy.

Just stop. This isn’t healthy.
View Quote

Let's pretend it's no longer a conspiracy even though he said it in the video. Let's pretend the entire video was about barrel contours and meltdown. You're going to go on camera and you're about to explain it. It's so scientific that it's shown in museums across the country and everyone involved in metal and barrel construction would turn to the video.  Your first sentence would be....
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Okay go ahead and explain it. ready... set... go...
View Quote

OFF TOPIC
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#13]

OFF TOPIC
View Quote

It's ON TOPIC now. Let's pretend you're on camera, CNN and Fox news got you on camera and you're at a press debriefing. You just discovered the finding of a lifetime concerning barrel contours and meltdown. You spent 100s of hours whacking it behind camera and now you have your 500 page report on barrel contours and meltdown. Your conclusion would be..... ? What come on! It's so obvious you say that everyone here got it figured out right? Guess it's so obvious that no one can even put it into sentence.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
My first sentence would be:

dalle0001 needs to sit at the kid's table and should not be allowed to taint the tech forums.

You do not listen.
You ramble about weird ass shit that has zero to with what's at hand.
You dream up and vocalize retarded shit.
You cannot follow a discussion in a competent manner.
You are generally belligerent.

I doubt that MS Paint and a Crayola text app would benefit you here.

Anybody that even remotely thinks that they can discuss anything sensible with you is only fooling themselves. There is no reaching you on an intellectual level.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#15]
My first sentence would be:

dalle0001 needs to sit at the kid's table and should not be allowed to taint the tech forums.

You do not listen.
You ramble about weird ass shit that has zero to with what's at hand.
You dream up and vocalize retarded shit.
You cannot follow a discussion in a competent manner.
You are generally belligerent.

I doubt that MS Paint and a Crayola text app would benefit you here.

Anybody that even remotely thinks that they can discuss anything sensible with you is only fooling themselves. There is no reaching you on an intellectual level.
View Quote

What didn't I listen to?
Okay I stopped rambling and now fully prepared for you to repeat back what you said about barrel contours and its relationship to meltdown.
I stopped dreaming up retarded shit and now fully want to know your thoughts.
I am now on track and ready to listen to what you have to saya bout barrel contours and meltdown.
I am now no longer beligerent and ready to learn.

You're right, I don't have MS Paint and the Crayola app. I use Mario Paint.

Let's pretend I'm on a cad application, and I was going to draw the best barrel contour for a meltdown video. The CAD program can build anything I program into it. I just called you on the phone because you're the expert on barrel contours. Which one would you recommend and why?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]

What didn't I listen to?
Okay I stopped rambling and now fully prepared for you to repeat back what you said about barrel contours and its relationship to meltdown.
I stopped dreaming up retarded shit and now fully want to know your thoughts.
I am now on track and ready to listen to what you have to saya bout barrel contours and meltdown.
I am now no longer beligerent and ready to learn.

You're right, I don't have MS Paint and the Crayola app. I use Paintshop.

Let's pretend I'm on a cad application, and I was going to draw the best barrel contour for a meltdown video. The CAD program can build anything I program into it. I just called you on the phone because you're the expert on barrel contours. Which one would you recommend?
View Quote

I'm finished feeding the monkey peanuts just to watch it shit here. Enjoy your psychological battle with reality.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:26:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#17]

I'm finished feeding the monkey peanuts just to watch it shit here. Enjoy your psychological battle with reality.
View Quote

So you admit that you have no idea what you were talking about when you mentioned barrel contours and meltdown? Maybe you bought the Aero upper from them and now regret it? I have an aero upper with a FN barrel in it. The contour is a socom profile barrel. You think it would survive the meltdown video? Oh wait forgot you don't answer questions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#19]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif
View Quote

Boy you really got me. You first tricked me with a super secret barrel contour story, then you kept dragging it on and on like a pro. Man, it's like if we were kids in a neighborhood I couldn't even show my face around anymore cause you did me so bad. It's like I'm walking around the world not knowing the secrets to barrel contours and its relationship to meltdowns. Guess I'll use the coupon from OpticsPlanet and buy a clue from them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Boy you really got me. You first tricked me with a super secret barrel contour story, then you kept dragging it on and on like a pro. Man, it's like if we were kids in a neighborhood I couldn't even show my face around anymore cause you did me so bad. It's like I'm walking around the world not knowing the secrets to barrel contours and its relationship to meltdowns. Guess I'll use the coupon from OpticsPlanet and buy a clue from them.
View Quote

Hiw have you made it since 2013 without being banned? Holy shit man. You really need to take a breather.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Hiw have you made it since 2013 without being banned? Holy shit man. You really need to take a breather.
View Quote

I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll get banned now? All I asked is to explain what barrel contours have to do with the meltdown video. Seems no one can answer so I guess you guys in the club of knowing without explaining.

I guess a counter question is are you ready to explain what barrel contours have to do with this meltdown video?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#22]

I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll get banned now? All I asked is to explain what barrel contours have to do with the meltdown video. Seems no one can answer so I guess you guys in the club of knowing without explaining.

I guess a counter question is are you ready to explain what barrel contours have to do with this meltdown video?
View Quote

If you have a 1” thick 5 pound piece of steel bar anchored at point A it will take a certain amount of heat before it starts bending.

If you have a 5 pound piece of steel bar of the same length that is .5” at anchor point A and for half its length and 1.5” for the remainder, it’s going to take less heat to bend because that half inch segment is now a weak point. It’s also going to deviate faster because it also now has the 1.5” thick part applying leverage to the thinner spot.

Now if you have a 2” thick 10 pound bar, it’s going to take more heat before it starts seeing the deviation of the others.

I hope that is simple enough to understand. Otherwise I have no way of explaining why a thicker barrel will last longer in destructive testing, and why it’s the same reason a thicker barrel will also retain accuracy longer due to heat.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:34:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#24]

If you have a 1” thick 5 pound piece of steel bar anchored at point A it will take a certain amount of heat before it starts bending.

If you have a 5 pound piece of steel bar of the same length that is .5” at anchor point A and for half its length and 1.5” for the remainder, it’s going to take less heat to bend because that half inch segment is now a weak point. It’s also going to deviate faster because it also now has the 1.5” thick part applying leverage to the thinner spot.

Now if you have a 2” thick 10 pound bar, it’s going to take more heat before it starts seeing the deviation of the others.

I hope that is simple enough to understand. Otherwise I have no way of explaining why a thicker barrel will last longer in destructive testing, and why it’s the same reason a thicker barrel will also retain accuracy longer due to heat.
View Quote

Okay fair enough. Making progress here! Now there’s one piece of thing that’s going to bridge all this together…. What does all that have to do with the video from the optics planet shill? I don’t see him walking around with a 5 pound steel bar or measuring anything to .5 thickness. Also the study provided by the barrel burndown doc mentioned nothing about 5 pounds steel or .5 thickness.

Edit apologies I re read everything and yes the doc did mentioned about barrel thickness which would explain the socom profile coming out of it. But it did not mentioned the exact thickness or what round count. If anything it seems the thickness is meant to protect the shooter as oppose to making it last longer but that’s the added advantage. However the aero m4e1 doesn’t seem to have a thickness advantage as much as a surface advantage based on heat. But again that’s never mentioned in the video.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Geissele all things.

Bill ate this test for breakfast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Out of curiosity, stainless or melonite gas tube?  Usually (by my understanding) the gas tube will go before the barrel in a burn down, but I'm not an expert.  I have heard melonite ones will last a lot longer under stupid amounts of heat though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#27]
No longer technical
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Locked Aero M4E1 Burndown (Page 2 of 2)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top