Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm surprised soldiers liked the garand so well..... the nice PIIIIING!!!!!!!! after the last round let the enemy know you were out of ammo!

Considering how fast a Garand reloads & the chances of having your entire squad PIIIING!! empty at the same time it wouldn't matter.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm surprised soldiers liked the garand so well..... the nice PIIIIING!!!!!!!! after the last round let the enemy know you were out of ammo!

Considering how fast a Garand reloads & the chances of having your entire squad PIIIING!! empty at the same time it wouldn't matter.  

Your saying no one ever got seperated from their squad? There are thousands of DOCUMENTED cases of this, in almost every war and conflict.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
the PING couldnt give away that you're out any more than the soldier to stop shooting...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
they PING couldnt give away that you're out any more than the soldier to stop shooting...

Why not? If your in a german squad of 4 men, and one guy with a garand 50 yards away is holding you down but you are creeping closer and closer to him, when you hear that ping you can make a run for it and unload on the guy.

That's where im coming from.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
you could also do that if a guy is keeping you pinned down with a Thompson or another full auto or even a Springfield '03 and run towards him when he stops...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Probally does'nt matter what you get first. But I would get the ak-74 or the m4 first, because of the fun factor.  I have shot so many garands it can get boring to shoot.  Boring enought to have it sealed /w grease in a box in my basement. :) but im sure i will break it out. Maybe when im 60.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
well i've never shot or even held an M1 Garand before...i've shot both AKs and ARs...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you could also do that if a guy is keeping you pinned down with a Thompson or another full auto or even a Springfield '03 and run towards him when he stops...

Lol im not saying anything against M1 garands... they are great guns.

P.S. With a thompson you can fake an empty drum? Just fire off 20 rounds or so and stop. an added "SHIT" and some metal fumbling for added effect
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

P.S. With a thompson you can fake an empty drum? Just fire off 20 rounds or so and stop. an added "SHIT" and some metal fumbling for added effect

LOL!! maybe!! it's been done!! mah ole grandpappy got tuns o' dem krauts dat there way! HUYUCK! lol...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!! maybe!! it's been done!! mah ole grandpappy got tuns o' dem krauts dat there way! HUYUCK! lol...

Garand might work for that trick... Krauts are dumb, just yell "PING" and they come a runnin with knives! LOL.

Lemme know how your garand turns out.... what kind of shooting competition are/were u in that qualifies you?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL!
i'll have to try that some time...anyways, i dont remember exactly what event i did to get in
i'll try to find out cause i forgot....short term memory...

P.S.hmm the M1 is looooosing...you'd THINK on forums for AR15's, the ar would be losing....oh...wait..nevermind..
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL!
i'll have to try that some time...anyways, i dont remember exactly what event i did to get in
i'll try to find out cause i forgot....short term memory...

P.S.hmm the M1 is looooosing...you'd THINK on forums for AR15's, the ar would be losing....oh...wait..nevermind..

dont insult the ARF! But, it is true... a man cannot live on AR's alone!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
lol i wasnt dissing ARFs! i love ARs!
thats why i came here....that thing about the ar's losing was sarcasm
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! I HAVE TO STOP THINKING!!! now i'm thinking about an AK with an underfolder from Centerfire (coming April 1!)...i was SET on the Garand too...i'll update poll...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I would strongly recommend del-ton for an AR build...Prices are good, quality and customer service are excellent .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top