Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#2]

thanks.....this is looking good!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Will the illumination flicker on this one as well?
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm sure it'll flicker and go off after 5 minutes - right before the occular falls off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it'll flicker and go off after 5 minutes - right before the occular falls off.

Is this an attempt at sarcasm? The illumination on mine only works 40% of the time. Don't get me wrong I like all the features of the scope, but the illumination is a problem. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this an attempt at sarcasm? The illumination on mine only works 40% of the time. Don't get me wrong I like all the features of the scope, but the illumination is a problem. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one

If you didn't call SWFA for a fix or replacement, you might be the only one! Give them a call, see what they can do. Your scope shouldn't do that. There was/is a weak connection in the rheostat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, they should have sent you an adhesive-backed foam washer to install between the battery and the cap.  The adhesive side sticks inside the cap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like SWFA is getting ready to kick these onto the market!  They're taking pre-orders.  

Can't wait to find my way into one of these for a review.
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if SWFA will let me send back my scope and pay the difference for the 1-6 since the 2nd 1-4 they sent me still has illumination problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I can only think of one way to find out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Call?
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seance?
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seance?

One big ol' Arfcom ouiji board!  lol....

I've "known" Ralph around this forum for awhile now....figured he'd read right into my sarcasm
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm waitin' for the Hokie review ......then ordering mine
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if SWFA will let me send back my scope and pay the difference for the 1-6 since the 2nd 1-4 they sent me still has illumination problems.

I just sent mine back to get the illumination fixed. I had a note with it asking this very question
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm waitin' for the Hokie review ......then ordering mine

If and when I borrow or buy one I'll certainly do up a review and be critical as can be.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like summertime, based on what I'm reading on snipershide and opticstalk.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Call?

Let me know what they say.  I would be interested in this optic, although Ive had no issues with my 1-4(Ive actually yet to shoot with it, just mounted it so far); so I guess I could just always sell it if need be.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call?

Let me know what they say.  I would be interested in this optic, although Ive had no issues with my 1-4(Ive actually yet to shoot with it, just mounted it so far); so I guess I could just always sell it if need be.

I just called, I was told that I could send my scope back in and get another 1-4x to see if the illumination problem would be corrected then I could do their trade in policy and see how much "Dave" would give me for the scope towards the 1-6x. That kinda sucks, it doesn't make sense to send me an $800 replacement scope only to ship it straight back to them to see how much I can get for it. It makes more sense to get $800 towards the 1-6x scope.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just called, I was told that I could send my scope back in and get another 1-4x to see if the illumination problem would be corrected then I could do their trade in policy and see how much "Dave" would give me for the scope towards the 1-6x. That kinda sucks, it doesn't make sense to send me an $800 replacement scope only to ship it straight back to them to see how much I can get for it. It makes more sense to get $800 towards the 1-6x scope.

Which speaks volumes about the awesome people @ SWFA and SS.

They are willing to send you a scope to replace your current one, no quetions asked.  And then, they are willing to consider letting you trade that one in towards an upcoming and unreleased scope.

IMHO, that says a lot about the quality of these people, and their products.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Well now your making me sound like a whiny ass.

I see your point, but it just didn't make sense to me to send me a scope only to send it straight back when I got it. I mean, how do I know that I won't have to take a $300 loss after returning a brand new scope that was meant to replace a scope that didn't work properly through no-fault of my own.

Its like going to guitar center and buying a guitar and when you take it home it doesn't work because of some internal electrical problem. When you take the guitar back to guitar center they'll give you a full refund so you can put that money towards a properly working guitar regardless if it's the same one or not. They're not gonna offer you 70 percent of the guitars value because you took it home and it didn't work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call?

Yeah, I figured I may incur some loss when trading a scope in.  Its not as if they can still sell it as new even though Ive never used it.  I may try and get more for it on the EE once the 1-6 release gets closer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call?

Yeah, I figured I may incur some loss when trading a scope in.  Its not as if they can still sell it as new even though Ive never used it.  I may try and get more for it on the EE once the 1-6 release gets closer.

Probably your best bet.  No trade in program would yield a better result than a private sale.  That said, don't discount the 4X vs 6X if it's not needed.  I personally find the 4X plenty adequate for shooting a 223 cal bullet at anything worth shooting a 223 bullet at.  That said, I wouldn't be offended with another 2X magnification either.  It's all good.  I like the new reticle design too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call?

Probably your best bet.  No trade in program would yield a better result than a private sale.  That said, don't discount the 4X vs 6X if it's not needed.  I personally find the 4X plenty adequate for shooting a 223 cal bullet at anything worth shooting a 223 bullet at.  That said, I wouldn't be offended with another 2X magnification either.  It's all good.  I like the new reticle design too.

For all intents and purposes is the 6x the same as the 4x just with more magnification and a new reticle?  Did they upgrade anything else besides capping the turrets?  Did they illumination issues some of the 4x's were having get addressed in this model?
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the 1-6 has the same permanent fix of the 1-4.  So in short - yes.  The one's with the illumination issue were the original models (the one's with the washer insert.)  Otherwise it all appears to be the same save the reticle, capped turret option, 2X magnification, and a slightly heavier weight if I read the stats right.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like the 1-6 has the same permanent fix of the 1-4.  So in short - yes.  The one's with the illumination issue were the original models (the one's with the washer insert.)  Otherwise it all appears to be the same save the reticle, capped turret option, 2X magnification, and a slightly heavier weight if I read the stats right.

They need to come out with this sooner than later!
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top