BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Longziz, please sign me up for one of these if you ever put it into production.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Longziz #2 will come out before Christmas, at least I hope so.

This year???

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This year???

Yep. Worst case before the new years eve. It has been done as well in this summer, but under lawyer's "coating".

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy jesus where do I send the money  LMAO    Nice man keep it going.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wait a minute. Stop talking about sending money. Longziz #2 is also a proof of concept prototype, not the product of longziz #1. Don't get me into trouble again.

Link Posted: 12/7/2011 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, just getting excited.    I would live to be one of the first kids on the block to get a completely new designed Bulpup.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait a minute. Stop talking about sending money. Longziz #2 is also a proof of concept prototype, not the product of longziz #1. Don't get me into trouble again.

Is the Longziz #2 a new and different system or a refinement of the Longziz #1?
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]
oooooh

can't wait for #2

(separate thread please)
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All I can say for now is that #2 almost has nothing to do with #1. However, that being said, I hope it will generate interests as much as #1, if no more.

Quoted:

(separate thread please)

For sure!

Link Posted: 12/7/2011 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can say for now is that #2 almost has nothing to do with #1. However, that being said, I hope it will generate interests as much as #1, if no more.

Quoted:

(separate thread please)

For sure!

Make sure to post the link in this thread to the new thread!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow. That's awesome!
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I just figured out a way to enable the full auto functionality with a M16 lower and/or DIARS (without any changes to them) by minimum changes to my design. Another patent?

Of course, I have to prototype it before I can claim it will work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just figured out a way to enable the full auto functionality with a M16 lower and/or DIARS (without any changes to them) by minimum changes to my design. Another patent?

Of course, I have to prototype it before I can claim it will work.

Do you have an M16 or RDIAS?
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's awesome!  Can't wait to see the next video.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you have an M16 or RDIAS?

No, but I think it is going to work. After what I tested on Longziz#1, my confidence grows expernentially. For prototyping it is a different story. I don't know when or if it is possible in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I am most certain that full auto is achievable now. Can anyone help me out to find certain M16 bolt carrier data, so that I can start drawing it? Here below is the picture. I need the length B, and verify that A is 6.666 inches. Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am most certain that full auto is achievable now. Can anyone help me out to find certain M16 bolt carrier data, so that I can start drawing it? Here below is the picture. I need the length B, and verify that A is 6.666 inches. Thanks!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/longziz/M16Bolt.jpg

I do have a RDIAS and am willing to test if you wish.

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/longziz/M16Bolt.jpg

I took some measurements from a Colt M16 bolt carrier with a tape measure (it's the best I have handy):
- for A I have just a hair under 6.666 inches (a little over 6.625 inches - 6 5/8")
- for B it looks like 1.5625 inches (1 9/16") on the nose

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think semi and full auto carriers are the same length and are made from the same blanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
The ARX 160 has the switch on fly ejection.  I don't think it would help a bullpup sell right now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The ARX 160 has the switch on fly ejection.  I don't think it would help a bullpup sell right now.

NOT

Post the video of the on the fly ejection.

The only rifle I know that has such ability to switch side to side instantly is the FS2000 with out having brass and gass in your face.  He is doing great with his ideas.

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT

Post the video of the on the fly ejection.

The only rifle I know that has such ability to switch side to side instantly is the FS2000 with out having brass and gass in your face.  He is doing great with his ideas.

actually it does as long as you have a cartridge, you just press a button and it switches, ill see if i can dig up the video

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Cool man I cant wait till I see the video of the switch on fly ejection.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Longziz, I am gonna parrot some of the other posters here and say thank you for your contribution. You have a dream and you are fighting for it. People like you are the reason I joined the Army. I wish you success with your endeavours and you seem to be the type to keep going until it works.

Please become a citizen!
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#24]
cetane, here is the video.

My friend and I had extensive discussion of this feature on ARX-160 in another forum, and we conclude that, although simple and ingenious design, it is very hard to implement it into a bullpup rifle without some major design changes. First, as some gentlemen stated before, it needs some redesign to cover the  unused ejection port so your face will not up against a cycling bolt. Second, and maybe most important, the change of the reciprocating charging handle is not coincident with the direction change of ejecting the spent casing. They are two separated mechanism. This could fool the operator. Third, there is no external indication of which side of ejection the rifle is configured. the only way to find out is cycle the gun with a real round (dummy or not) either with hand cycling or shoot for real. I don't think a bullpup operator would like that.

FN2000 is much better design on this regard. However, after watch the following video, I was wondering how it is designed to deal with KB, which is also the point of concern some gentlemen here have. Judging by the flap that positioned on top of the rifle, if the KB do happen, the hot gas will blow right into the operator's aiming eye.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I took some measurements from a Colt M16 bolt carrier with a tape measure (it's the best I have handy):
- for A I have just a hair under 6.666 inches (a little over 6.625 inches - 6 5/8")
- for B it looks like 1.5625 inches (1 9/16") on the nose

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think semi and full auto carriers are the same length and are made from the same blanks.

trek45, thanks!

For manufacturing I have to remember to do a more accurate measurement of this cause it is crucial for the safety of operation. However, for verification of the design on CAD, this is good enough.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey Longziz, I am gonna parrot some of the other posters here and say thank you for your contribution. You have a dream and you are fighting for it. People like you are the reason I joined the Army. I wish you success with your endeavours and you seem to be the type to keep going until it works.

Please become a citizen!

Berzerker77 and all serviceman and veterans, I have a confession to make. First, my hat's off for your service to the country and how supportive the citizen of this country to their serviceman. In 2005 when I started hunting, I bought a MultiCam CP camo bag for the purpose, simply because it is a great feat to the central Missouri's foliage in the season. It looks very much like the bag that was in use by the US army at the time, if I wasn't mistaken. Later one day I carry this bag on a flight to Seattle, I found out that I had to explain to the flight attendant and people seated around me that I am not a serviceman and I don't deserve the appreciations. At one leg of the flight I had to decline one gentleman's offer of exchanging his first class ticket with mine. I felt like that I was a cheater, a con or something. I was embarrassed if not frightened to be honest, and later on dare not to use this bag for flight anymore.

On my trip back to the States this summer to carry out my own mission, I found no other bag was big enough to carry the stuff I needed to bring. The Army has since changed to ACU so I thought may be it is safe to use it again without anymore confusions.  I was wrong!

I was traveling with some active duty serviceman on the same plane. Yes, they were using ACU bags and No the flight attendant can't distinguish mine with theirs. I was still greeted by "Thank you for your service" instead of "Thank you for using our service". When I was approaching to the customs check point, the airport official pointing me to the citizen section instead of visitors, because there is one area dedicated to the serviceman. When I was waiting inline in the visitors area, the real serviceman were lead across the hall in formation. Almost all people in the hall applauded to express their appreciation, foreigner included, and me. All I thought by then was that I hope what I was going to do will somehow repay the undeserved tribute I have received. I haven't seen people from any other country support their troops as sincere and whole hearty as you Americans, and I bet that serving this country must also be quite satisfying.

So, yes! You can rest for sure that I will keep trying to make this design works.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry, double tap.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#28]
You sir, do bring honor to your parents, your family and when you are ready, I will donate what I can to a fund to help you become a vendor and a US citizen.
Thank you for reminding us what it means to have humility.
Keep up the great work and God's speed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I am not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I am thinking to attend the shot show 2012 to find cooperation that can carry this project further. However, since I don't affiliate with any established company, I don't know what to do, or even this is possible. Anybody can enlighten me somehow on this matter? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I am afraid if you do get hooked up with a rifle manufacturer your idea will get dumbed down, or put on the back burner.  All the mainstream want to do is keep putting out an AR variant for the masses of rifle buyers. You do need to get with a very few interested people and get your thoughts built. You only need to have one working weapon to showcase, then you can compute the manufacturing costs for commercial sale.  I really want you to keep the design of the AR lower so you do not need to become a firearms manufacturer.  Keep it small so your ideas dont get voted down.  Take little steps thats the key to your success.  There are many "kit" company's that have taken $100,000.00 and more from customers before they have made one "kit" to sell to those people.  From this thread alone I do not see the problem of money for your product being a problem.  Good luck.

ETA heres the company Im talking about http://www.kushnapup.com/
Quoted:

Let's see: 972 on pre-order at $199 = $193,428 that they've taken in, and they haven't shipped anything yet.

Im not saying that you will ever be any thing like this company, just that you can legitimately get money for per-orders for a rifle "kit" before you are ready to send one out.

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am afraid if you do get hooked up with a rifle manufacturer your idea will get dumbed down, or put on the back burner.  All the mainstream want to do is keep putting out an AR variant for the masses of rifle buyers. You do need to get with a very few interested people and get your thoughts built. You only need to have one working weapon to showcase, then you can compute the manufacturing costs for commercial sale.  I really want you to keep the design of the AR lower so you do not need to become a firearms manufacturer.  Keep it small so your ideas dont get voted down.  Take little steps thats the key to your success.  There are many "kit" company's that have taken $100,000.00 and more from customers before they have made one "kit" to sell to those people.  From this thread alone I do not see the problem of money for your product being a problem.  Good luck.

ETA heres the company Im talking about http://www.kushnapup.com/

Quoted:
Let's see: 972 on pre-order at $199 = $193,428 that they've taken in, and they haven't shipped anything yet.
Im not saying that you will ever be any thing like this company, just that you can legitimately get money for per-orders for a rifle "kit" before you are ready to send one out.

Thats an awesome bullpup.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Longziz #2 will come out before Christmas, at least I hope so.

No pressure but you have 4 days...lol  Don't rush...but do throw in a tempting pic here and their....and I'll stay hooked till their in production.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry mate. Holiday season, turned out that the lawyer office is crowded too. Now he says he is trying to finish it before the new year. let's see.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am not sure if this is appropriate or not, but I am thinking to attend the shot show 2012 to find cooperation that can carry this project further. However, since I don't affiliate with any established company, I don't know what to do, or even this is possible. Anybody can enlighten me somehow on this matter? Thanks!

If your not affiliated with a company....LE, Military, or Firearms or you don't have your own firearms company then no you won't get it. It is only for those that buy and sell that have a business or affiliated with one that will get in. Even if you do get in due to above criteria you just can't walk in with your design through the front door. If you were able to get a affiliation with a company that has a vendor table then you would have to ship your rifle to that vendor who will then send it to Shot Show with their stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#36]

If your not affiliated with a company....LE, Military, or Firearms or you don't have your own firearms company then no you won't get it. It is only for those that buy and sell that have a business or affiliated with one that will get in. Even if you do get in due to above criteria you just can't walk in with your design through the front door. If you were able to get a affiliation with a company that has a vendor table then you would have to ship your rifle to that vendor who will then send it to Shot Show with their stuff.

Thanks, seems it is coherent to what I understand. If I come, I sure would not bring the rifle with me. I have long been wanting to visit the shot show, to meet more people in the industry. Hopefully, this time I can let them get to know me.

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Merry Christmas to everyone!

It takes a long time before my lawyer can give me the green light to reveal the Longziz #2. Sorry to let you down for not be able to do that before the Christmas. So only a picture of Longziz #1 as a holiday greeting. I didn't have time to shoot more picture so I let you down on that one as well. I only found out after I left US that I don't even have a picture of myself holding the gun. You may notice that the picture on the first page is only a capture of the video. I do have some picture of my friend that holding the gun. I will ask his permission first before I can post it here.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone!

one more. picture fixed.

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Bullpups aren't my thing, but I have to say this is a pretty cool project.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Where is the buy it now button?
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Putting any effort or changing any design to allow full auto lowers would be a waste of time in my opinion, it's not a large enough market.

MIllions of users in military and law enforcement would probably disagree.  Granted, not all of them would buy such an accessory, but it might make sense to keep it compatible from the start and cater to both the civilian semi market and the civilian/military/LE full auto market from the get-go.  I'm excited for such a product, but as I don't own a semi AR, I wouldn't have much use for it without a happy switch.

it should depend on the cost(in terms of time/effort/money) vs. actual and potential return.

That said, it's almost always easier and much, much cheaper to do these things or at least, allow flexibility in design in the initial design/prototype stage than during production phase.

Link Posted: 12/25/2011 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But shooting bilaterally usually involves quickly moving the carbine from shoulder to shoulder, no one is going to take the time to flip the cover back and forth as they move down a hallway from room to room, or even if they take up cover behind a wall or something and switch sides.  

Still a neat idea though

I don't necessary disagree with you. The method I demonstrate on the video is not what I envisioned. The correct method I will achieved is using only one hand to latch and turn. It is not just possible, it will be done. Since changing shoulder also need time, doing it and change ejection direction can be done at the same time, if trained properly. However, I do admit that on this regard, FN2000 beat me to it. I can imagine in a room to room rat hunt operation, constantly changing side is distracting. However, this is more or less a special op kind of mission and judging by the fact many country has ordered this rifle for special op, I can bow to FN2000with respect. I don't know the exact reason why no army had adopt this rifle yet, I think it might related to the front ejection concept. Who knows.

1. Re: FS2K: I've shot FN FS2K side-by-side against an AUG with other shooters.  Most folks found out that AUG handled better/faster.

2. Re: bottom ejection/weak side issue: most folks have aversion/difficulty to switching to weak side and to do it smoothly under stress quickly, you have to practice a lot.  

Also, exposure time is a critical factor.  

If you lean out from strong side from weak side cover and can shoot back in 2 sec, you've exposed your WEAK AND STRONG SIDE for 2 sec.

If it takes you 5 sec to switch to weak side and shoot from weak side cover, you've exposed your WEAK SIDE ONLY for 150% longer in terms of time, albeit with HALF the surface area exposed.

So in this case, non-ambidextrous shooting resulted in exposing weak+strong side for 2 seconds while ambidextrous shooting resulted in exposing weak side only for 5 secs.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#43]
it would be nice if the LOP was adjustable via spacers.

This is especially critical if you are up in far North and wearing heavy coat in winter and T-shirt in summer, or vice versa, wearing body armour sometime and sometime not.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
it would be nice if the LOP was adjustable via spacers.

This is especially critical if you are up in far North and wearing heavy coat in winter and T-shirt in summer, or vice versa, wearing body armour sometime and sometime not.

This is possible and will be taken into consideration.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the buy it now button?

+1
Very nice work!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Just read through the whole thread and I gotta say wow.  Any time I open up a weapon and look at the internals I can't help but think "how did someone figure all this crap out".  I feel that I am pretty mechanically inclined in that I can generally look at a machine and piece together how it operates, but the vision and knowledge to figure the operation out and then build a machine that functions as designed is, well, impressive.  

I applaud your motivation and skill and I expect this (and #2) won't be the only design we see of yours.

I would also like to echo earlier sentiments in favor of a non thumbhole stock, even if molded in and non interchangeable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Merry Christmas to everyone!

It takes a long time before my lawyer can give me the green light to reveal the Longziz #2. Sorry to let you down for not be able to do that before the Christmas. So only a picture of Longziz #1 as a holiday greeting. I didn't have time to shoot more picture so I let you down on that one as well. I only found out after I left US that I don't even have a picture of myself holding the gun. You may notice that the picture on the first page is only a capture of the video. I do have some picture of my friend that holding the gun. I will ask his permission first before I can post it here.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone!

http://www.artofwar-tw.org/bboard/download/file.php?id=2660&t=1

one more. picture fixed.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/longziz/IMG_1802-2.jpg

Rear: it looks like it would be relatively heavy/bulky @ rear.  Beretta Storm/Steyr USR type rear stock design would be cleaner/lighter(realize they are completely different guns).

It would be simpler and stronger if there was no adjustable cheek riser @ rear.  Perhaps an option to add it later, if desired, might make more sense.  

Trigger/trigger guard: AUG style trigger/trigger guard combo would be much more user friendly for shooters wearing mittens/cold weather gloves.  

How do you release the magazine?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I think tri-rail should be an option to cut weight down.

Major reason why bullpup handles so well and why polymer receiver gun like AR-180b doesn't, is that most of the weight is rearward, closer to shooter's center of gravity.

In the case of AR-180b, polymer receiver  makes the gun relatively front heavy.  OTOH, old AR-180 with stamped metal receiver handled very well.  In fact, I prefer them to AR/M16 platform.

Ideally, to maximize handling quality, you want to minimize the forward weight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Rear: it looks like it would be relatively heavy/bulky @ rear.  Beretta Storm/Steyr USR type rear stock design would be cleaner/lighter(realize they are completely different guns).

It would be simpler and stronger if there was no adjustable cheek riser @ rear.  Perhaps an option to add it later, if desired, might make more sense.  

Trigger/trigger guard: AUG style trigger/trigger guard combo would be much more user friendly for shooters wearing mittens/cold weather gloves.  

How do you release the magazine?

Well, here is some cold hard fact that decided the bulkiness of the rear. There is a AR15 lower used there. The widest cross section of an AR15 lower is about 1.4 inches. I have to leave some room for trigger links to pass those places, plus the outer skin thickness. The current width of the lower body is 1.78 inches, with about 0.09 inches each for the skin thickness. That translates to about .1 inches on each side for the link to pass through. If it is a clean sheet lower receiver design, I can easily trim off .2 inches for the thickness of the lower. However, if an AR15 receiver is used, there is very little room for trimming.

Before I lay up the fiber glass, the thumb hole looks big and Ergo feeling of the handling is also great. However, after adding the fiber glass thickness, the hole looks much smaller and ergo becomes sucky. Later on if I can make the lower with injection molding plastic,  I should be able to use pistol grip.

Some people also pointed out that the front hand guard is also bulky. Well, it is the same width with the lower. Theoretically the front end can be trimmed down but it nevertheless needs a step to connect to the rear. That would make the extrude aluminum upper less likely, hence higher manufacturing cost and the final price. The hand guard however, can loss the two side rail while maintain add-on rail option. That way, the front end bulkiness can be alleviated a little bit.

The adjustable stock would not make the existing stock any bulkier. If you go back to see my CAD picture of the lower, there is still a "buffer tube", only much shorter. I can implement a "collapsible" stock just like regular AR15's, only the locking mechanism need to be changed and adjustable range will be limited. However, the place after the AR lower receiver, since there is no pistol grip to be installed there, I have plenty of room to take care of that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I expect this (and #2) won't be the only design we see of yours.

That's for sure. #3 is 100% designed and waiting for prototyping. #4 is 50% design finished, and #5 is 80% design finished. #6, #7 and #8 are still concepts floating in my head that I am yet to find time to detail develop them. Doing this as a hobby is really not working for me...
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top