User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like I’m reading a thread on Reddit.  Just a bunch of irrational children screeching reeeeeeeeeeeee.

The fact it hasn’t been kicked to GD is almost as retarded as the premise of this thread.
View Quote

You say Reddit?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There is no problem here.  And I've proved it in multiple videos.

But thanks for playing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple question, you don’t see a problem, and find that acceptable?

There is no problem here.  And I've proved it in multiple videos.

But thanks for playing.

What have you proved? You have proved nothing. I have allot of andonized aluminum products not just firearms, and I don’t have to oil them to keep them looking good. Ignoring Bills statement about how they should stand out, well they do they look like some $50.00 rail from Tapco now. Their anodizing is shit, it was good but has taken a complete shit. My bread and butter is custom cars and allot of one off parts, I have allot of aluminum parts done and anodized, I have yet to oil them to look good. Red is one of the worst for flatting out and what I’ve done in red has never weathered like that. I have done some street bike parts and none have turned that bad and their exposed to hot sun on asphalt parking lots. Say what you want, make excuses, that anodizing should not look like that, my old 2006 era KAC RAS looks better than that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What have you proved? You have proved nothing. I have allot of andonized aluminum products not just firearms, and I don’t have to oil them to keep them looking good. Ignoring Bills statement about how they should stand out, well they do they look like some $50.00 rail from Tapco now. Their anodizing is shit, it was good but has taken a complete shit. My bread and butter is custom cars and allot of one off parts, I have allot of aluminum parts done and anodized, I have yet to oil them to look good. Red is one of the worst for flatting out and what I’ve done in red has never weathered like that. I have done some street bike parts and none have turned that bad and their exposed to hot sun on asphalt parking lots. Say what you want, make excuses, that anodizing should not look like that, my old 2006 era KAC RAS looks better than that.
View Quote

That's a completely different type of anodizing.  

The hard anodizing on firearms will do this if your remove the oil.  It's just residue from other things on it.   I can wipe the oil off any hard anodized thing I have and it will look like that.  

My 10 year old Geissele rail looks the same with no oil.  

And I think the anodizing is worse on it.  

Here point out the difference between 2022 anodizing and 2012.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've never had that problem. But I know the rona messed them up bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was in February. I don't think they were shut down.

G just has terrible CS, and im not the only one

I've never had that problem. But I know the rona messed them up bad.

Wait now the excuse for shit andonizing is the virus? Are you serious? So does this mean their not selling Blemulas anymore? People struggled to find the issue, I guess blemulas are a step up now? I’m confused.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wait now the excuse for shit andonizing is the virus? Are you serious? So does this mean their not selling Blemulas anymore? People struggled to find the issue, I guess blemulas are a step up now? I’m confused.
View Quote

I'm taking about not answering the phones.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The hard anodizing on firearms will do this if your remove the oil.  It's just residue from other things on it.   I can wipe the oil off any hard anodized thing I have and it will look like that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok now your a andonizing expert? I’m sorry I guess you know the type I use, so tell me what type do I use and how’s it different? I’m  betting you can’t? Here’s a clue I use two different types.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok now your a andonizing expert? I’m sorry I guess you know the type I use, so tell me what type do I use and how’s it different? I’m  betting you can’t? Here’s a clue I use two different types.
View Quote

I'm foing to take a wild guess and say it's not type 3.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20220129_233520_jpg-2259832.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20220129_233520_jpg-2259832.JPG

So by your own words you don’t know your guessing and you don’t know allot about anodizing ?  Anodizing is of firearm parts it’s not exclusive to firearm parts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So by your own words you don’t know your guessing and you don’t know allot about anodizing ?  Anodizing is of firearm parts it’s not exclusive to firearm parts.
View Quote

You use type 3?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use type 3 for black exclusively, and two for red, green and blue. Never had to oil it, I will tell you I bet they changed anodizing and or andonizers, that looks like shit and there is no excuse who ever did it did not know where they were doing. The prep appears lousy, the application appears lousy, but hey oil it and it’s all good. That anodizing job is shit and no excuses will make it good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I use type 3 for black exclusively, and two for red, green and blue. Never had to oil it, I will tell you I bet they changed anodizing and or andonizers, that looks like shit and there is no excuse who ever did it did not know where they were doing. The prep appears lousy, the application appears lousy, but hey oil it and it’s all good. That anodizing job is shit and no excuses will make it good.
View Quote

I can make every type 3 anodizing I have look like that by removing the oil from it.  

Prove me wrong. Take some acetone and some type 3 you did and rub it down get all the oil off it, and then rub some packing paper on it. And make sure to video it so I don't say you're lying.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I can make every type 3 anodizing I have look like that by removing the oil from it.  

Prove me wrong. Take some acetone and some type 3 you did and rub it down get all the oil off it, and then rub some packing paper on it. And make sure to video it so I don't say you're lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is pointless, you’re G man you proved it, I proved it, just admit it. You will make every excuse under the sun as to why this is acceptable when it is absolutely not. This rail was not seen by QC, and it not a isolated incident, it’s the norm. This should have been finished before shipping and it was not. You can make every excuse in the world and you will before you will upset Bill and loose CW support. This rail was NOT ready for shipment!! It even goes against dear leaders words on his site about what he expects. You can toss the argument towards Molon for not calling, or just oil it, Covid these have more than been used but at the end of the day it was not inspected, QC never saw it and it was sold for a premium price based on prior product finish, and a statement from Bill. It failed and it’s worse than Giessele blems. Yes I have experimented with brake fluid, ether, brake cleaner, MEK,mi know what they do, they dry the natural finish, problem is this has no natural finish. There is no excuse.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I noticed ADM has some bad anodizing too.  I'm going to start a thread.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is pointless, you’re G man you proved it, I proved it, just admit it. You will make every excuse under the sun as to why this is acceptable when it is absolutely not. This rail was not seen by QC, and it not a isolated incident, it’s the norm. This should have been finished before shipping and it was not. You can make every excuse in the world and you will before you will upset Bill and loose CW support. This rail was NOT ready for shipment!! It even goes against dear leaders words on his site about what he expects. You can toss the argument towards Molon for not calling, or just oil it, Covid these have more than been used but at the end of the day it was not inspected, QC never saw it and it was sold for a premium price based on prior product finish, and a statement from Bill. It failed and it’s worse than Giessele blems. Yes I have experimented with brake fluid, ether, brake cleaner, MEK,mi know what they do, they dry the natural finish, problem is this has no natural finish. There is no excuse.
View Quote

No! I said prove me wrong on video. Do it or apologize.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:06:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your no different than any liberal, you video proved nothing. You refuse to accept the fact that the rail was sent by passing any QC and against Bills own statement. You will make excuses all day and all night long. I’m not apologizing for a shit product release. You know it, you just won’t admit it. The other companies are not the issue it is Giessele, this rail, your biased and you won’t admit it. Say what you will, your knowledge of anodizing is what you can Google or ask friends, I’d say it doesn’t pass Type 3 or 2 specs. I’m betting it wouldn’t pass any tests. So you want a apology, you admit this rails anodizing sucks and apologize to Molon and you got it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Your no different than any liberal, you video proved nothing. You refuse to accept the fact that the rail was sent by passing any QC and against Bills own statement. You will make excuses all day and all night long. I’m not apologizing for a shit product release. You know it, you just won’t admit it. The other companies are not the issue it is Giessele, this rail, your biased and you won’t admit it. Say what you will, your knowledge of anodizing is what you can Google or ask friends, I’d say it doesn’t pass Type 3 or 2 specs. I’m betting it wouldn’t pass any tests. So you want a apology, you admit this rails anodizing sucks and apologize to Molon and you got it.
View Quote

A lot of my KAC parts look exactly like that. Are you saying their anodizing also won't pass? Have you done abrasion tests to back up your claims?

Take a chill pill. And then prove your previous assertion that this is now the norm.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll say it again. If OP is not willing to take the normal first step of contacting CS, he doesn't really have a problem. I would be unhappy with what he received, but I would also start the return process instead of starting a 15 page thread of autism and fail in tech.

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Geissele will just nuke the threads anyways

But for real, sometimes screeching like an autist on a forum is the only way to get stuff done.

No one is forcing the company owners to be here, many companies here are either CS reps, or Social media guys, and no one is forcing them to reply to threads they get mentioned in. No one is forcing the owners to have industry partner accounts.

The consumer has every right to complain about an as-recieved product. And while i do think Molon should have at least tried reaching out, G's CS is terrible.
I'll say it again. If OP is not willing to take the normal first step of contacting CS, he doesn't really have a problem. I would be unhappy with what he received, but I would also start the return process instead of starting a 15 page thread of autism and fail in tech.

Nick
So you're saying that he has to abide by your rules that don't exist or else he doesn't have a right to say something? Got it.

I'll say it again myself, no he doesn't have to abide by rules coming out of thin air, by those who white knight and have emotional investments in the brand who made it a 1516 page thread of "not-uh" because they didn't have the maturity themselves to refrain from keep wanting top come back and have the last words.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So you're saying that he has to abide by your rules that don't exist or else he doesn't have a right to say something? Got it.

I'll say it again myself, no he doesn't have to abide by rules coming out of thin air, by those who white knight and have emotional investments in the brand who made it a 1516 page thread of "not-uh" because they didn't have the maturity themselves to refrain from keep wanting top come back and have the last words.
View Quote

The irony.

We're talking about one rail here. I have yet to see anyone else lambasting G bring forward a similar rail. We even have members buying G rails in the EE and still blasting G because it's fashionable now. I don't blame Bill or GACS for not responding to this cluster of a thread. Molon has a right to do whatever he wants. It doesn't mean he'll be respected for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Another serious question, if you spoke out against G would they pull support? Would that loss of support hurt? What I’m seeing here is cola warrior bias, I’m not knocking it but you honestly can’t say you neutral either.
View Quote

G is a huge (and amazingly generous) sponsor, but there are/have been countless well-known sponsors such as Magpul, Dillon, and this very site.

Would the loss of support hurt?  Well, not really.  Each event is pretty much self-funded by the participants, so all the sponsors could drop out and the show would still go on.  

The loss of Baja’s tortillas would probably be devastating.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Have bill call you asap
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Have bill call you asap
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

For a guy that's all about data, you sure love anecdotes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A lot of my KAC parts look exactly like that. Are you saying their anodizing also won't pass?
View Quote

Nah, it is GTG. In fact, I learned that it will command premium in this thread!
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The irony.

We're talking about one rail here. I have yet to see anyone else lambasting G bring forward a similar rail. We even have members buying G rails in the EE and still blasting G because it's fashionable now. I don't blame Bill or GACS for not responding to this cluster of a thread. Molon has a right to do whatever he wants. It doesn't mean he'll be respected for it.
View Quote
That goes for everyone of us, by the way. No one being excluded. I thought that this was crystal clear, your response with the biased tinge makes it clear that this is now not the case. How would you have worded it differently then to call us all out then?

I've already posted a pic of it, and there's been lots who've said it to. Yet we're all "no one" over here. So far I've only seen one member being called on it with buying one from the EE, exactly how did one become a plural? Please come back and show where I've might have missed this, please.

This thread is more about the status quo with people thinking that whomever has the last word wins. They won't actually. People that read these threads and stay out of it are doing it for the entertainment value. If they were determined to buy from Geissele before coming in to read or still undetermined, nothing is going to change really. A buyer is not going to wait until the last word was spoken for to determine the final outcome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Can someone please tell me or at least link me with this "Have Bill call me" reference, please?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#26]
$160 (retail) Aero rail anodizing.  I paid notably less than this for the rail on sale after Christmas.  If a G rail sells for $100 more, I'd expect it to have a nicer end finish IMO.  Sample size of 1, but I'd be rather irritated if I got Molon's rail.

Given the reports of lacking CS, occasional spotty quality, production finish changes, employee complaints, etc, I think it's valid to ask if this is acceptable tolerances and quality for G or not.  Personally I own zero G hardware but have been very interested in a MK18 rail when I build a precision gun.  I'd rather like to know for sure if their quality is there or not.

In order:
Aero Enhanced 15" rail before 100% acetone
Aero Enhanced 15" rail after being wiped with an 100% acetone soaked paper towel
Aero Enhanced 15" rail after being rubbed with packing paper
Aero Enhanced 15" rail after a quick blast with compressed air.  Without oil the rail is still smooth and non-abrasive.
Stock image of the Aero Enhanced 15" rail

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$160 (retail) Aero rail anodizing.  I paid notably less than this for the rail on sale after Christmas.  If a G rail sells for $100 more, I'd expect it to have a nicer end finish IMO.  Sample size of 1, but I'd be rather irritated if I got Molon's rail.

In order:
Aero Enhanced 15" rail after being wiped with an 100% acetone soaked paper towel
Aero Enhanced 15" rail after a quick blast with compressed air.  Without oil the rail is still smooth and non-abrasive.

https://i.imgur.com/MXIIEuP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/saHTtfv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4kpAAg3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cYLjGfl.jpg
https://d2df4e9l5rljaz.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/ef8ed38aa54193d76f3601a6c619f743/a/p/apra100217c-12-inch-ar15-enhanced-m-lok-handguard-black-1_3.jpg

View Quote

The issue is that nobody here can definitively claim that one finish is better than the other on technical merits. Aesthetics are subjective, to a degree, so if your definition of "nicer" means it's smoother then I agree.

So many in this thread are ascribing G's perceived drop in QC to malice. But nobody can provide the percentages of QC issues compared to total volume of product released. Or prove that it's actual malice and not some other reason.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can someone please tell me or at least link me with this "Have Bill call me" reference, please?
View Quote

I think it's a reference to a thread from several years ago where somebody was upset and demanded as much so that the owner could take care of the problem they had.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't know why this is such a polarizing topic. The finish on some Geissele products (including the rail I own) is less than ideal. Does it affect the function of the rail? No, but I think it's fair to say that this is not in line with the premium price that Geissele charges for their products, especially considering that other manufacturers are able to consistently put out parts with a nicer anodized finish. Is it wrong to expect their QC to improve the finish to bring it in line with other manufacturers (some of which are considered value brands) and the premium price they charge? No.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The issue is that nobody here can definitively claim that one finish is better than the other on technical merits. Aesthetics are subjective, to a degree, so if your definition of "nicer" means it's smoother then I agree.

So many in this thread are ascribing G's perceived drop in QC to malice. But nobody can provide the percentages of QC issues compared to total volume of product released. Or prove that it's actual malice and not some other reason.
View Quote

Ah, ok I was getting kinda lost in all the purse swinging going on. IMO my money is on quality issues from vendor swaps or similar, not anything deliberately malicious. That said, something like Molon’s rail should have been caught by QA unless standards are relaxed due to above issues. I do realize that things do go through cracks though.

I guess the question that should be asked is if there’s enough people on here willing to widen the sample size some with more 21-22 purchases rails. Is this a one off, or is it indicative of a trending issue.

I fully expect the slap fights to continue though.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know why this is such a polarizing topic. The finish on some Geissele products (including the rail I own) is less than ideal. Does it affect the function of the rail? No, but I think it's fair to say that this is not in line with the premium price that Geissele charges for their products, especially considering that other manufacturers are able to consistently put out parts with a nicer anodized finish. Is it wrong to expect their QC to improve the finish to bring it in line with other manufacturers (some of which are considered value brands) and the premium price they charge? No.
View Quote

I think there's a legitimate argument to be made that charging a "premium" price (also a subjective standard), in comparison to some of the other offerings by other manufacturers, could/should warrant both technical and aesthetic excellence that exceeds some average standard. But when these standards are based on an individual's perception, rather than an external standards, we get threads like these that are emotionally based.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think it's a reference to a thread from several years ago where somebody was upset and demanded as much so that the owner could take care of the problem they had.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Geissele-cancels-order-won-t-respond-and-won-t-honor-35-coupon/5-2327954/
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Only 76 pages? That's it? Still ain't got time for the page after pages of massive autistic mess of shit posts, but the control+F was on point tho for the OP itself

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What the fuck is cola warrior?
View Quote

Cola warrior is a Geissele sponsored pentathlon shooting event featuring shooters, both diabetic and aspiring diabetics, that are tasked with physical activity in the form of cardio movements (run 1/2 mile), shooting while exhausted and consuming an exorbitant amount of sugar in the form of peeps candy and soda.

https://www.instagram.com/colawarrior/
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#36]
FWIW, Sheriff Buford T. Justice's khakis didn't match either.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pot meet kettle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Annnnddddd another one.  We need a tally of these.

Quoted:
Recent (non-blem) DDC receiver set I ordered looked the same. Dull, chalky finish quality.  Nothing like the older Geissele/ALG products I own. Pretty disappointing.

Quoted:
I had an older SSA, 2016 era that was great. I decided to get another in 2020.  It felt far worse and had noticable grit, even in multiple lowers, grease, no grease. Tried emailing GA's CS, no dice. Tried calling, was on hold for 50 minutes. Gave up then.

Quoted:
Ordered a fed green G rail a few years back which was an obvious blem.  I emailed CS regarding it and never received a response back.  I ended up just putting the damn thing on a rifle, but I was disappointed in how they treated me as a customer.  Used to be a G fan, no more.

Quoted:
I’ve dealt with Geiessele customer service twice, first time I so pissed I hung up after being on hold for 38 minutes if I remember, called ban about a hour later and was put on hold again, then got passed around with no resolution, emailed them and nothing. I love their rails, was going to order up another one this week and a barrel, now I don’t know? I refuse to use their CS and would rather call the IRS or Verizon.

Quoted:
Ordered a fed green G rail a few years back which was an obvious blem.  I emailed CS regarding it and never received a response back.  I ended up just putting the damn thing on a rifle, but I was disappointed in how they treated me as a customer.  Used to be a G fan, no more.

Quoted:
I'm in the category of was a G fan boy before the MK16 stuff. I messaged them on IG asking what happened to the MK16 thread on arfcom and wanted to know what their statement to the public officially was and they blocked me without replying. After spending thousands on G products and recommending G to my friends and selling thousands more for them this was a stiff slap to the face.

Quoted:
I have seen several posts and threads here citing the poor CS & sub par product.

Quoted:
G's CS is terrible.

Quoted:
G is having plenty of comments about QA issues and extremely poor CS.

Quoted:
Go to the G industry page.  You can’t say anything questioning G without massive fanboy blowback.  

Quoted:

Not only is Geissele getting a reputation for crumbling quality, the company's stance on cornering instances such as posts like this one has always been to pretend like it's not happening.

Quoted:
The thing is G’s quality or lack there of has seemingly become common place.

Quoted:
a large amount of people are upset about the quality of Geissele's product and service

So four people have had issues besides you and that's a definite sign of shoddy QC? I guess you could call the one that you quoted twice five lol.

Once again you ordered a black anodized rail and got a black anodized rail. You are "that guy".
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Only one logo on the medal though isn't there? I'm sure being affiliated with cola warrior isn't a conflict of interest in regards to the issue in this thread though, right?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#41]
I will forever remember this thread as the Geissele 2022 Chalkpocalypse.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Read the whole thread, I'm with OP on this.

Aluminum is a weird metal, anodizing is a weird process. I know very little about the nuts and bolts of it, but for my money and what G products cost that would be unnaceptable and I would feel like I paid top dollar for a subpar product. I wouldn't want to live with it, wear it in or rub it down with oil.
That's not how G describes it, therefore bottom line that's not how it should be.

Best example I can think of think of is a Surefire light, run your finger across one of the flats on the body. That, is what good hard anodizing can and should consistently feel like. Not because the batch or run was particularly good, or because your QC folks were in a good mood or because the tidal moon alignment, it should just be. That's what you're paying for. Quality materials, quality workmanship, and a quality finish.

Lots of people in this thread are just plain making excuses. Saying 'x premium brand does this' or 'shoot it more it'll wear smooth' or 'soak it in oil' or 'who gives a fuck it's a tool' or 'so what it sands off skin and fingernail dust it wipes off with spit' are missing the point.

For what they charge, and how they advertise it, it should be damn near perfect, period.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Pot meet kettle.
View Quote

Pot calling out the kettles because we're all equally at blame

But what's your problem, you don't like hearing the truth? Then there's this gem where you most likely took things even more personal, just like this thread where you've spent most of your time.

See ya. Your words don't mean squat to me.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Given the reports of lacking CS, occasional spotty quality, production finish changes, employee complaints, etc, I think it's valid to ask if this is acceptable tolerances and quality for G or not.  Personally I own zero G hardware but have been very interested in a MK18 rail when I build a precision gun.  I'd rather like to know for sure if their quality is there or not.

In order:

https://i.imgur.com/MXIIEuP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/saHTtfv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4kpAAg3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cYLjGfl.jpg
https://d2df4e9l5rljaz.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/ef8ed38aa54193d76f3601a6c619f743/a/p/apra100217c-12-inch-ar15-enhanced-m-lok-handguard-black-1_3.jpg

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Looks pretty chalky.

I can't find what type anodizing they use on their rails.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I am just glad I  stocked up on Geissele rails back 3-4 years ago on BF.  Plus I cleared out his blems from like 5 years ago.  I probably have 6 or 7 waiting for new builds,, all with nice finishes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As the dude who started Cola Warrior
View Quote

No further questions your honor
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh no, the chalkening is spreading to MP5 rails.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#49]
chalky anodizing comes from a shitty process and isn't normal. its PH, current, temp and cleaning. screw up any of those and you get
clouds and old dudes screaming at them.

all these pages and rubbing paper on it is

G's process is borked and that's it. you like it ? cool.

if not send that shit back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top