Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2022 1:21:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808]
Yeah, real ones are crazy expensive, so I ordered a few of these from CDNN, these aren’t cheap either, but a darn sight better than true 12s.
Interesting they have LRHO as well.
Let’s see if they are worthy, seem to be from the few reviews I’ve seen, if not they’ll make for nice photo ops mags…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
These are the AC Unity mags discussed here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/New-AC-Unity-clone-mags-AK12-and-AK103/55-169565/
View Quote

It seems what few reviews at your link were more about Bulgarian 74 clones.
I’ve not sent a relevant review on these yet, regardless, I’ll work the ones I ordered to death
The Bulgarians have been nothing less that stellar, I’m hoping the 12s are the same.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

I've not sent a relevant review on these yet, regard less, I'll work the ones I ordered to death
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've not sent a relevant review on these yet, regard less, I'll work the ones I ordered to death

The Bulgarians have been nothing less that stellar, I'm hoping the 12s are the same.
Whoops, wrong thread, I was looking for the BigSal thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Bosnian-Company-CLONES-AK12-magazine-with-Turkish-help-/64-169566/
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#4]
Ha, no problem man.
That was a much better write up,

ETA…
Dang,  I saw them cut up, dropped, fitted, posed for pics, felt up,  measured to death, but I’ve yet to see anyone mention if they feed reliably.
Is it just me or has no one used these to shoot yet?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Wolf had a batch of 223 projectile loaded 545 ammo a few years back. Overall length is probably a full cm shorter than standard 545. I can tell you that doesn't feed but of the *couple* mags of Tiger 545 I shot with the ac unity mags, they were fine.

Only because they look cool I'd say buy em. Other wise CDNN has bulgy with steel tabs for like 15$ that I've shot 1000's of rounds with.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 3:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered three just for the heck of it, I’ll see how well they work, and as you said they look cool.
I’ve got plenty of other mags for my 74, but always looking for more options, any excuse to buy more mags is always a good excuse!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 7:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#7]
Well, as an update they do not work in my PSA 74, they refuse to lock in, even tried shortening the rear lug on one as they seem to be overly long to no avail.
They do work in my Robinson Vepr K just fine though so it wasn’t a complete waste.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, as an update they do not work in my PSA 74, they refuse to lock in, even tried shortening the rear lug on one as they seem to be overly long to no avail.
They do work in my Robinson Vepr K just fine though so it wasn't a complete waste.
View Quote
Their 103 mag didn't fit my PSA AK either, same story with relieving a ton off the rear lug didn't help.  Finally, I had to file down on the front lug and sand some of the plastic off around the radius of the front of the mag and that got it to go in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t have a PSA ak, but the mags have worked in my Polish, Bulgarian and Childers receiver home builds. But they were a bit tight in my old CUR2 Romanian.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top