Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2009 8:44:58 PM EDT
The 6.8 got a chance to prove its worth this afternoon. Check out the gangsta shots of me and BBD. Deer never took a step, but I did shoot him in the neck

Link Posted: 11/16/2009 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good kill.
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Its by far my best buck to date! This cold weather has the deer moving. I saw more deer this afternoon than I have all year. I got in the stand about 1pm and sat there for about 3 hours and the wind was blowing ridiculous, so I decided to get down and ease through the woods to see if I could sneak up on something. I ended up in another stand and watched a small six point and some does for a while and the wind was still freakin blowing. So I got down from that stand and went to investigate some new signs and such.  I walked up to a food plot where 2 does where feeding they ran off and started blowing at me, so I just eased on through the woods. It was gettin pretty close to dark then, I heard some rustling that I figured was a raccoon, low and behold here this beast stood, making a fresh scrap. So from about 35 yards through some brush I dialed up the Trijicon 3x9 and shot him in the neck. I had no idea he was as big as he is through the woods. I am gonna in the morning to put something else on the ground. Gotta strike while the Iron is HOT!
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Very Nice!

What part of AR did you take him in?
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 3:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Shot him in the neck?  Where were you aiming?    To drop him on the spot with a neck shot you must have severed the backbone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice buck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very Nice!

What part of AR did you take him in?

Out past ferndale towards paron
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shot him in the neck?  Where were you aiming?    To drop him on the spot with a neck shot you must have severed the backbone.

I was aiming at the neck  Didnt wanna take a chance with trackin him, it was gettin dark. I was gonna go this morning but was warn out from dragging his heavy ass almost a 1/2 mile through the woods. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#8]
35 yards? I was hoping for a 200-300 yard shot

Good kill! Still waiting on my barrel from Adam. Hopefully he will have it out to me by Friday. Nice handguard, BTW. Is that a can?

Link Posted: 11/17/2009 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#9]
nice buck!
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
35 yards? I was hoping for a 200-300 yard shot

Good kill! Still waiting on my barrel from Adam. Hopefully he will have it out to me by Friday. Nice handguard, BTW. Is that a can?

I was stealthy

I like the close shots . I did take a shot on a milk jug today at about 230 free hand just to see if I could hit it. DEAD MILK JUG And a preemptive pics or it didnt happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top