Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:46:30 PM EDT
Disclaimer:  Due to legal concerns, the drawing is being conducted by the owner of the guns, not me.  He is not a Tennessean, and the guns are on Form 4's in his home State (VA).  I am simply acting as his conduit for any monies, as he doesn't want to release his name and address to a bunch of folks online, for security reasons.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Recently, I was approached by a gentleman whose father bequethed him two transferable machineguns. The gentleman is not the least bit into guns, and his wife is vehemently against these guns being in the house. So, he asked me to help him sell the guns. Rather than sell them outright, we are going to give the public a chance to win it, after they make a charitable donation (through ETS) to the Friends of the NRA. I am going to give away the least valuable gun first, and after the winners name is drawn, I will announce the beginning of the next give-away.

The first gun is a Ruger AC 556, the full-auto version of the Mini-14. This gun is a factory MG, not an after-market conversion. It has the longer, blued barrel, and a wooden stock. It is currently valued at approximately $6,000 on the open market. The gun is in good shape. I will have it in my possession on Thursday, and will be bringing it to the gun show at the Nashville Fairgrounds this weekend, for folks to see.

I am selling 400 tickets, at $25 each. For $25, you get a 1:400 chance to win a $6,000 machinegun.

The donations will be used to pay for the gun and related expenses, with the remaining funds being donated to the Friends of the NRA. When I say expenses, I am including the transfer taxes. The winner will not even have to pay the $200 tax to get it in their possession. FYI, the gun is currently on a Form 5 (tax-free transfer due to inheiritence) in Virginia. That means I'll need to transfer it to my shop first (1 $200 tax), and then transfer it to the winner (2nd $200 tax). Again, all the transfer taxes will be paid for out of the donations. Due to the two transfers, it will take a little longer than usual to get the gun into the winner's hands (figure 4-6 months, just to be on the safe side).

The remainder of the money will be donated to the Friends of the NRA. The donation will be split three ways:

1/3 (~$1,000) donated in the name of the seller
1/3 (~$1,000) donated in the name of ETS, Inc.
1/3 (~$1,000) donated in the name of a second place winner

When all tickets are given to donators, I will use an online randomizer program to draw two winning numbers. I have a roll of tickets purchased at Wal-Mart for the drawing. The donators recieve one part of the ticket, and I keep the second part, with the donators name, address, and phone number written on the back of it.

The first number chosen by the randomizer program will be the winner of the machine gun. The second person chosen will have $1,000 donated to the Nashville Friends of the NRA in their name. That means tickets to their next banquet and plenty of other amenities, plus, you get to write-off the charitable donation on your taxes next year.

In the interest of fairness, no employee, officer, or agent of Elite Tactical Systems, Inc., or their family members, are eligible to enter the drawing. (I don't want anyone thinking I rigged the drawing to get myself a free gun.)

Like I said, there are 400 tickets available. I have already sold about 50 of them.  I will also be selling tickets at this weekend's gun show in Nashville. I do not expect that it will take long to sell the last 350 tickets. I doubt I'll have any left after Sunday afternoon.

If you want a ticket, I'll need your money ASAP! If you do intend to buy one, please call my cell phone between the hours of 9 am and 8 pm, and let me know.

Also, it is the winners responsibility to ensure they are legally allowed to own a machine gun, in accordance with appropriate Federal, State, and Local laws. in the event that the first place winner is ineligible to recieve the gun (e.g. Form 4 is rejected by BATFE), the second place winner will be awarded the gun. If they are ineligible to own the gun, a third number will be drawn, and that person will be awarded the gun. (Don't worry, I'll keep the tickets and info until the gun is finally transferred, you won't have to keep your ticket.)

So, if you want a chance to win a machine gun, give me a call. Remember, by doing so, even if you don't win, you are still helping the Friends of the NRA.

Again, there are 400 tickets, at $25 each. And, my cell number is (615) 668-5345.  The only way to win the gun is to make your donation through me.  Any donations given directly to FoNRA will not apply.

Thank you,

Frank

My mailing address for donations is:

Elite Tactical Systems, Inc.
105 Southeast Parkway, #106
Franklin, TN  37064
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Great deal.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Really cool.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Rather than sell them outright, we are going to raffle them off.

I am selling 400 tickets, at $25 each. For $25, you get a 1:400 chance to win a $6,000 machinegun.

The proceeds will be used to pay for the gun and related expenses, with the remaining funds being donated to the Friends of the NRA. When I say expenses, I am including the transfer taxes. The winner will not even have to pay the $200 tax to get it in their possession.

Damn, that's a FIRST class thing for you to do, Frank!        

I will certainly buy a ticket for each gun, although I can't make the Goodman shows to do it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rather than sell them outright, we are going to raffle them off.

The proceeds will be used to pay for the gun and related expenses, with the remaining funds being donated to the Friends of the NRA. When I say expenses, I am including the transfer taxes. The winner will not even have to pay the $200 tax to get it in their possession.

Damn, that's a FIRST class thing for you to do, Frank!        

I will certainly buy a ticket for each gun, although I can't make the Goodman shows to do it.

Bob,

Just toss a check or MO in the mail, and once it gets to me, I'll send you a ticket.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to let the suspense build about the second gun, but I'll tell you what is now.

It will be a 1943 or 44 production, Auto-Ordnance / Bridgeport, CT (not WH, as I mistyped earlier), M1A1 Thompson Submachine gun.  It's approximate value is somewhere between $15-20,000.

Tickets for the Tommy won't go on sale until the winner of the Ruger has been decided.  So, let's get these tickets sold for the Ruger, so we can get the Thompson moving.  (Obviously, given the higher value of the Thompson, there will be a greater number of tickets, and they will cost more.  1,000 tix @ $40 each; with $18,000 going to FoNRA)
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was going to let the suspense build about the second gun, but I'll tell you what is now.

It will be a 1943 or 44 production, Auto-Ordnance / West Hurley, M1A1 Thompson Submachine gun.  It's approximate value is somewhere between $15-20,000.

Tickets for the Tommy won't go on sale until the winner of the Ruger has been decided.  So, let's get these tickets sold for the Ruger, so we can get the Thompson moving.  (Obviously, given the higher value of the Thompson, there will be a greater number of tickets, and they will cost more.  1,000 tix @ $40 each; with $18,000 going to FoNRA)

FYI, West Hurley Thompsons were produced in the 70's and 80's and are not original WWII guns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Excuse me while I wipe this drool of my chin.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It will be a 1943 or 44 production, Auto-Ordnance / West Hurley, M1A1 Thompson Submachine gun.  It's approximate value is somewhere between $15-20,000.

FYI, West Hurley Thompsons were produced in the 70's and 80's and are not original WWII guns.

You're right, it's a Bridgeport gun.  I got my Tommy Gun makers confused for a minute.  (Blame it on the beer I drank this evening.)  I previously verified the approximate dates of manufacture using the serial number when I had the gun in my possession 4 months ago.  I was trying to remember the manufacturer from that one time handling it back then.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have to live in TN?
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do you have to live in TN?

No, I just figured Tennesseans should get first crack at it, since the donations are benefitting the local FoNRA chapter.  if an out-of-stater wants a ticket or two, I'm sure the local FoNRA would love to have their money too.

Having said that, given the small number of tickets being sold, I didn't post this ARFCOM-wide because I didn't want to get deluged with folks from all over the country sending me money, especially from States where ownership of an MG would be illegal.  i'd really prefer to keep the gun here in TN, but I'm willing to make limited exceptions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Count me in for one.
Just send it to the addy posted or you want me to call you?
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I am in for the Thompson, BIG TIME!

Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I will try to come by the booth on Sunday to get my raffle ticket...

Link Posted: 4/2/2008 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Check is in the mail. Gonna try to keep this in Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Jerry, the LAST thing the Nashville needs is you armed with a MG. Memphis ? that's a different story. Way to go Frank !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll try to be at the Goodman show when the doors open, Saturday morning (trying to get there before you sell out of pistol marked lowers, again).  If you still have tickets by then, I'll take one (maybe two?).
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll try to be at the Goodman show when the doors open, Saturday morning (trying to get there before you sell out of pistol marked lowers, again).  If you still have tickets by then, I'll take one (maybe two?).

I have three pistol-marked lowers.  IM me with how many you want, and I'll set them aside for you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish you'd a tole me about this Sat. Anyway, I'll get in on it and it was good to meet you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#20]
ticket money inbound as of tonight

check is in mail sent friday 4-4
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Jerry, the LAST thing the Nashville needs is you armed with a MG. Memphis ? that's a different story. Way to go Frank !!!!!!!!

Terry it's so we can resue you Memphis guys when it really gets bad.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Disclaimer: Due to legal concerns, the drawing is being conducted by the owner of the guns, not me. He is not a Tennessean, and the guns are on Form 4's in his home State (VA). I am simply acting as his conduit for any monies, as he doesn't want to release his name and address to a bunch of folks online, for security reasons.

The drawing is still a go, it is just not being conducted in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#23]
When the machinegun raffle is over, maybe you could hold another raffle for a case of ammo?  

Link Posted: 4/6/2008 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked up my ticket at the gun show today along with a really nice Spikes Tactical lower!
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Picked up my ticket at the gun show today along with a really nice Spikes Tactical lower!

They are definitely nice.  I planned to put the LPK and pistol buffer tube on mine, last night, but things kept popping up.  Gotta find time, later this week, so I can try it out next weekend.

How'd the ticket sales do at the show?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you up date us like once a week on the number of tickets you have sold?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#27]
There are still plenty available, as of today.  However, I intend to post an ad on THR by week's end.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Frank got my ticket in the mail today.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Hi, Which tickets are currently avaliable, is their a limit on how many a person can buy and would you please post the mailing address again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there a picture of the Thompson avaliable?  Did you determine if this is a M1-A1 (fixed sights, won't take a drum mag) or a 1927?
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hi, Which tickets are currently avaliable, is their a limit on how many a person can buy and would you please post the mailing address again.

There are currently about 300 tickets available for the AC556, with no limit on how many you may buy.

The address is:

Elite Tactical Systems, Inc.
105 Southeast Parkway, #106
Franklin, TN  37064
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Is there a picture of the Thompson avaliable?  Did you determine if this is a M1-A1 (fixed sights, won't take a drum mag) or a 1927?

Pictures of the Thompsons have been taken, and will be posted online as soon as I can get Oleg (Volk, the photographer) to e-mail them to me.

Yes, that's right, I said ThompsonS!  There are now two Tommy guns involved in the drawing, an M1A1 and a WH 1928M1 (1970's manufacture).  The details are still being worked out, but this one is looking VERY promising.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#33]
got my ticket today  for the Ruger .

hope I win !!
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#35]
You might be able to sell some tickets at the TFA banquet that HKO was advertising.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You might be able to sell some tickets at the TFA banquet that HKO was advertising.  

Not a banquet, a TFA meeting.

...But you could probably sell some tickets.

HKO

ETA, from referenced post:

How about:
The Shelby County Chapter of the Tennessee Firearms Association will meet Thursday, 4/17/08 at 7:00 PM (19:00) at Range USA:
www.rangeusa.com
2770 Whitten Rd. in Memphis. Please support Range USA, they support TFA!
Now there is yet another reason to support Range USA - Uncle Sam’s Bar-B-Q! Not only THE BEST BBQ, but also; THE SAFEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN!
www.unclesamsbarbq.com/index.html
The Shelby County TFA is honored to have as our April guest speaker, RORY BRICCO.
www.rorybricco.com
Please join us in welcoming Rory. He is running for the seat of Representative for the 81st Tennessee House district. That seat is now occupied by The Grim Reaper of Gun Rights in Tennessee; Speaker Jimmy Naifeh. I have had the honor of meeting Rory and look forward to his visit.
A pro-gun, highly principled candidate, Rory would like to give the gun owners of District 81 a voice in the Tennessee House of Representatives. A voice they don't, nor gun owners state wide, have now, thanks to Speaker Naifeh's jihad against any pro-gun bill making it out of committee for a full vote in the House.
Although we welcome new members, TFA meetings are open to the public and you do not have to be a member to attend.
There will be a drawing for a Range USA Range Pass! We'll promptly adjourn at 8:30 (20:30). I look forward to seeing you there.
In Liberty,
Pat McGarrity
At Your Service - Shelby County TFA Director

Guns, TFA, BBQ, politics.
Well? Meet up for a meeting?
HKO

ETA:
(From TFA Board)
In a message dated 4/13/2008 5:28:41 PM Central Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
If 10% of the Permit Holders in the State sent this guy $25, unless he has
some terrible problem, Naifeh would be history. That would also be 1 of
the four seats needed for the Republican Party to take over the TN House and
end the Democrat party control since reconstruction. If we just dump
Naifeh and the Dems keep control of the House, a Naifeh-trained Dem could
take over. But he might hesitate to pull the crap like Naifeh though - if
he sees Naifeh beat really bad.
The unfortunate reality is that many politicians these days seem to only do
what will get them elected or re-elected.
Getting rid of Naifeh would be a substantial gain for liberty.
Steve Mead
Oak Ridge, TN

Hi Steve,
I just had a long conversation with Rory. There is no doubt in my mind that he is sincere in running to correct the problems in Tennessee discussed on this very board. Rory Bricco is a devoted Christian and Constitutionalist that upholds the principals of our Founding Fathers; the antithesis of Jimmy Naifeh. Like all of us on this board, Rory would be called a "radical" by Naifeh because he also dares believe in representative government, instead of accepting the mandates of the Speaker/Autocrat.
Indeed, if we could just get $10.00 donated to Rory's campaign by just 10% of Tennessee's carry permit holders, that, I believe, would be enough to fund a successful political revolution and send Naifeh, AKA The Grim Reaper of Gun Rights in Tennessee, to the unemployment line.
In Liberty,
Patriot Pat
“Only by watching the enemy and learning his intentions, can you learn what steps you must take to control the events that will dictate the outcome of the struggle”
General Tai Li’ang – The Li’ang Hsi-Huey

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd love to make it, but I can't get to Memphis Thursday evening.  I have to leave town first thing Friday, to drive to Knoxville for a gun show.  Going to Memphis would mean driving all the way across the State the following morning, and I just don't know if I'm up for that much driving in 12 hours, followed by being on my feet all weekend for a show.

HKO,

If you'd like to mention it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Below is a picture you can print out to bring with you.  (You can write my cell number on the bottom, if you want.  It's (615) 668-5345.)

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#39]
sent my check a couple days ago frank.  sorry took so long.  life has been shitting on me lately.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
sent my check a couple days ago frank.  sorry took so long.  life has been shitting on me lately.

Tony, the check arrived today.  I'll get your tickets in the mail within the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Ticket arrived last week.

Thanks!

HKO
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony, the check arrived today.  I'll get your tickets in the mail within the next couple of days.

no problem bud.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'd love to make it, but I can't get to Memphis Thursday evening.  I have to leave town first thing Friday, to drive to Knoxville for a gun show.  Going to Memphis would mean driving all the way across the State the following morning, and I just don't know if I'm up for that much driving in 12 hours, followed by being on my feet all weekend for a show.
HKO,
If you'd like to mention it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Below is a picture you can print out to bring with you.  (You can write my cell number on the bottom, if you want.  It's (615) 668-5345.)
www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=76423&d=1208133887

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the TFA meeting. Am going out of town in the morning.

HKO
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Check sent-

Thanks,

Bob
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I need to stop by and grab a few tickets
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I got my WINNING Thompson ticket today!
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep, I think I got the second ticket.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
no ticky here yet
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top