Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:11:23 PM EDT
UPDATED to reflect current contents of official website as of 30 Jan 2006.

1st Annual Eagle Cap Shooter’s Association Machinegun Shoot

When: June 17-18, 2006

Where: Eagle Cap Shooter’s Assn. Range, Enterprise, OR (NE Oregon)

The Eagle Cap Shooter’s Association is hosting its first annual machinegun shoot at our new range. We are offering advance reservations for the 50 10’ firing line spaces at $50 each. Reserve your space now as there are a limited number. Firing line spaces will be $75 at the gate, if they are available. Firing line spaces include entry for one person.

Entry fee will be $15 per person for one day or $20 per person for the whole weekend.  A 2-day pass is $18 if purchased in advance.

We will have exploding targets, appliances and other interesting things to shoot, with targets out to 1000 yards. If we can work out the disposal logistics on junk cars, we'll have those available as targets, too.  Tracer and incendiary ammo is OK (as long as there are no state fire restrictions in place at the time). A night shoot, Saturday night, will be offered, too (again, pending any fire restrictions).  Please contact us if you want to shoot anything over 20mm.

We are working on SMG matches and possibly other matches, but nothing is finalized at this time. If you or your club is interested in putting on a match, please contact us.

On site camping will be available for $25 per space. RVs are welcome, but there are no hook ups available.

Outdoor vendor spaces are available, too. Contact us if you are interested. If you are a vendor and wish to sponsor some of the shoot, contact us for sponsor packages.

Gun rentals are OK, but require a rental permit of $25 per firing line space.

Food and beverages will be available on site at a reasonable price.

ATVs, mules, golf carts are permitted for those with firing line spaces and those with physical disabilities. There will be restrictions on speed and permitted areas.

There are motels within 10 miles of the range.  We are working on special shoot pricing and we will post updates here.

If you would like more information or would like to reserve a firing line space please email [email protected].

ETA:  Tacked again per authors request
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Road Trip!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
HELL YES ROAD TRIP!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE:

Ok, I seem to have jumped the gun a bit.  Sorry!

The shoot is still on, however.

Official Website

This will be bad-ass!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]
June 24th to the 45th???

Man thats gonna be a long shoot
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
June 24th to the 45th???

Man thats gonna be a long shoot

Huh.  Fixed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#9]
So are we all going to camp?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be going.
Anyone want to get a spot on the line as well?
I have a camper that will sleep a few...but will likely drive my little pickup and tent it as it will cost me a fortune to drive that truck with camper all the way out there. Anyone have a large wall tent?

CH

ETA: HOW MANY SPOTS ON THE LINE DO WE NEED?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Is getting drunk at night allowed?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is getting drunk at night allowed?

I will regret saying this but "What happens inthe wall tent, statys in the wall tent!"

We really need to get a count of spaces needed and get our $$ off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cape, I'll leave the stove at home if ya want to bring that propane heater like you did at the last shoot.

Actually, 2 tents may be a better bet depending on how many of us there are.  I may bring the large one for sleeping and my 10x10 for a cook tent????

I will bring the heater and and a few bottles of prop. You have any cots? If not my ass will be buying one.

CH
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]
This will be a rediclously fun time......LOL
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#18]
So, biggest question.......are we going to be the only ones there?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So, biggest question.......are we going to be the only ones there?

The three musketeers ride again!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I'll plan to be there.  I've got no cool stuff to shoot, but lots of cool stuff to look at.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#22]
WS4LIF,
Maybe if you offer up a couple cars we can get a couple free spots on the line.
CH
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Good point..........I'll see.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Can’t make it an overnight thing (with you guys, I don’t know it I would want to), but I’m all for making a long day out of it. Leave early in the morning, shoot, BS, hang out, leave and be home that night
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]
DAMN!!! My company schedules shifts a year in advance and that is a weekend that my shift works. Guess I can't go
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Can’t make it an overnight thing (with you guys, I don’t know it I would want to), but I’m all for making a long day out of it. Leave early in the morning, shoot, BS, hang out, leave and be home that night

YOu do realize where this is at dont you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Here is the big one now, depending on the weather, well, either way, we will want either a bail of hay or straw to line the large tent for a floor.  That area is a hay quarentine area, so we'll need to pick one up somewhere in Enterprise.  Can't haul it from home.

If any of the ArfCom folks need straw or hay, let me know and I'll hook you up.

And yes, the county is a hay quarrentine area, so you can only import certified weed free hay.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Ignore the stuff at the top of the thread that PromptCritical posted.  Some of it is now changed/incorrect.  Current info can be found at our web site:  www.eaglecapsa.com

I'll try and monitor this thread, but if you have something that really needs to be answered, email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your support of our shoot!

Also, just as a heads up, this is our very first organized shoot at our new range, so there are bound to be  little problems and issues that pop up during the shoot, so please bear with us.  Also, since this is a new facility, it's still fairly primitive.  The firing line will be gravel, but no overhead cover.  Camping area will be primitive.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ignore the stuff at the top of the thread that PromptCritical posted.  Some of it is now changed/incorrect.  Current info can be found at our web site:  www.eaglecapsa.com

I'll try and monitor this thread, but if you have something that really needs to be answered, email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your support of our shoot!

Also, just as a heads up, this is our very first organized shoot at our new range, so there are bound to be  little problems and issues that pop up during the shoot, so please bear with us.  Also, since this is a new facility, it's still fairly primitive.  The firing line will be gravel, but no overhead cover.  Camping area will be primitive.

Thanks for the heads up! I am certain that if you keep us in the loop we will be able to offer some help with the event. Just let us know!
CH
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#33]
8 hour drive from Eugene! Gooo! I'll file this under the "Maybes"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Welcome to the site as well

Thanks.  I was a member 4 (or so) years ago, but just got busy with other sites.

Quoted:
And to second CH's post, when we are there, or before, if you need any help at all, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Will do.  Also, if you want to get an ArfCom group together, we would be willing to cut a package deal for line spaces, gate passes, camping, etc.

Also, if anyone is an NRA certified RSO, we'd be willing to trade a gate pass for 4 hours of your time working as an RSO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Makin' it hot.

MG goodness
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow, some serious action here!  Sweet!

Sorry about the incorrect info.  Dammit.  Good thing Eric dropped by to thump me on the head for inaccurate info.  (That's good:  Builds character)  I'll fix the original post to reflect current news.

If the site gods give the go-ahead, will we need some sort of signs or something?

How many lanes we gonna need on the line?  Figure 1 for every three or four people?  Maybe a vendor table to hawk our wares?  

Dunno.  Just throwing some ideas out there...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, I just want to thanks PC for getting the ball rolling on ArfCom.  At least he's good for something
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN!!! My company schedules shifts a year in advance and that is a weekend that my shift works. Guess I can't go

VACATION

I wish! Being the new guy at the plant I don't have but a few days vacation and I have to save those for the plant shutdown days that occur during Christmas, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. That way I get paid for those days instead of having a short paycheck.

Run a full auto mag for me boys!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Swap shifts with someone on the other shift.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

VACATION

I wish! Being the new guy at the plant I don't have but a few days vacation and I have to save those for the plant shutdown days that occur during Christmas, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. That way I get paid for those days instead of having a short paycheck.

Run a full auto mag for me boys!!

Will do.

I would be willing to come down a day early and help with setup. Just let me know.

Peta, you should contact staff and tell them about the shoot and let them know we are planning a AR15.com spot on the line. We can supply a banner and would like ot give away some arfcom prizes, memberships, shirts and stickers and such. Also, we should try nad do another tannerite buy before then. I would like to take a couple cases down myself.

BTW, I am watching surviving the nuge and he just dumped a 20 round mag from his AR!!!!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Also, we should try nad do another tannerite buy before then. I would like to take a couple cases down myself.

We will have Tannerite for targets and will be selling Tannerite at the range.

For those of you that want to help out, please send me an email ([email protected]).  

Thanks for your support!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll probably come a day early or so.  I'm sure you can find something for me to help out with.

Knowing EK, I'll probably be put to work holding targets...

"Stop shaking!  Your fucking up my group!"

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't garantee anything this far out, but if things worked out I might be able to help with the shoot or an arfcom table.

Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll be sharing a line space with my C3 dealer.  Damn!  Wish I could hang out at the arf table, but.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Damnit, now I'm going to have to go buy an M16 and FA MAC 11.......  I'll try to get those ordered up buy end of month.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, we should try nad do another tannerite buy before then. I would like to take a couple cases down myself.

We will have Tannerite for targets and will be selling Tannerite at the range.

For those of you that want to help out, please send me an email ([email protected]).  

Thanks for your support!

Sounds good. We just had a group buy on tannerite, thus the reason for mentioning it.

Email sent as I will be around to help at least a day early.
CH

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I am in the process for registering us for 2 firing line spaces and 2 camping spaces

Sweet!  Now the hunt is on for ammo!  Know a good supply of cheap tracers for the night shoot?

WS4LIF:  If you are able to procure an M16, My Beta-C mag is at your disposal, just let me do a dump or two.

You think SteyrAUG would come if we asked nicely?  I gotta see the Shrike live and in person...

EDIT TO ADD:

2000th POST!  WOO-HOO!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top