Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2011 7:03:37 AM EDT
I ordered both products from Primary Arms.  As usual the pricing was excellent and the shipping was prompt.  I opted for the cheap shipping through the USPS and it still made it form TX to AL in three days.  I would definitely buy from them again.  Check them out they are good to go.

Vortex vmx3

The Vortex vmx3 is packaged with a tall fixed mount of its own if you want to stay a little cheaper.  I did not mount this so I cannot comment on its quality or function.  The magnifier itself is well finished.  I could find no flaws in the finish or the construction of the tube.  The rubber cover is large and should provide plenty of protection if dropped.  Next, after inspecting the exterior of the magnifier, I was pleasantly surprised by the clarity of the glass.  There was absolutely no discoloration, or imperfections in any way.  The glass was bright, clear and in my opinion exceptional quality for the money.  I am not doing it justice with my weak conveyance of its quality so I would encourage you to look through one for yourself.  The eye relief is adequate, I would have liked a little more but it is not something I would complain about.  The fact is that the vortex has one of the better eye reliefs on the market.  I have not had it long enough to really put it through a proper test of endurance but I am sure it will hold up fine.  I am going to shoot a carbine match with it next month so I should have a better feel for it soon.  

American defense mounts swing mount

The mount comes packaged in a simple cardboard box.  Do not be deceived by this, the mount is made in the USA and is well designed.  I was apprehensive about what mount to buy as there are many on the market to choose from.  The ADM design is unlike any other I have seen and I was concerned about the amount of force it would take to rotate the magnifier out of the way.  My concerns were unfounded and the magnifier swings away with a simple flip of the wrist or a firm pump with the far side hand.  When the mount reaches its resting place it settles into the groove of the mount and stays there until you decide to move it.  It will not rotate or bounce while you run or jump.  They come in two heights, absolute and lower 1/3 co-witness.  The mount will mount to either side of the rifle depending on what side you prefer.  The base adjustment is very simple and easily manipulated.  The lock on the quick release gives an extra piece of security to the mount making sure it does not come off until you want it to.  

On a side note.  The combination of mount and magnifier can be positioned above a MI ERS but it cannot be rotated. The eye piece swings down slightly as the unit rotates out of the way causing it to make contact with the BUIS.  A lower profile sight such as the Troy BUIS would not be subject to this.  

In conclusion, I am very happy with this set up.  At just over $260 shipped I doubt you will find a better combination on the market.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks you for that review. Really excellent.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top