Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2009 1:21:42 PM EDT
A.R.M.S. #41 gas block/flip-up front sight

The A.R.M.S. #41-B-L Silhouette is a combination gas block and flip-up front sight.  The current version is only available for gas block seats with the standard 0.750” diameter.  The gas block/sight is referred to as the “Silhouette” because when the sight is in the up position, the Silhouette retains the same “A-frame” outline as that of a standard A2 front sight base.  This version of the Silhouette also has the familiar bayonet lug and attachment points for a standard sling swivel.  The Silhouette weighs 6 ounces as pictured below.

The #41-B-L is secured to the barrel via two cross bolts.  The #41-B-L also comes with a 0.027” shim that takes the place of the handguard end-cap when using a free-float tube.  This makes positioning of the #41-B-L a breeze.  While the sight is not stamped as such, it is an “F” marked front sight base; that is, the shelf for the front sight post sits 1.980” above the top of the barrel at the gas block seat.

Colt A2 with standard front sight base

Colt A4 with the A.R.M.S. #41-B-L Silhouette

Link Posted: 11/7/2009 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you "Molon" for posting these EXCELLANT Pics.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick... someone patent "Silhouette" before Dick does.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure this is made to the same crap quality as every other ARMS product.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Molon is this an endorsement of the product or strictly educational?? I am hesitant latlely of ARMS products for stated reasons. That being said i am open to new products if some one as your self is promoting it. Product is interesting.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am sure this is made to the same crap quality as every other ARMS product.  

The products are fine, the people who make them on the other hand.........
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually i have found ARMS products quality to be OK for my HK-91 and 93  WASP mounts its there customer service that sucked when I called to ask a simple question. Has this environment changed there??
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the new sights and I like it. I think it is one of the best flip up sights out right now.
As far as A.R.M.S and their sue happy BS that is another story
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Molon is this an endorsement of the product or strictly educational?? I am hesitant latlely of ARMS products for stated reasons. That being said i am open to new products if some one as your self is promoting it. Product is interesting.

I don't promote any products.  I simply post facts as I find them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Fair enough. Thanks again for more fine pics and the objective view.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Speaking of views, the A.R.M.S. #41-B-L gives you a sight picture just like that of the standard A2 sights.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top