Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/15/2008 7:24:51 PM EDT
1st I'd like to say Hello I'm a member at the Colorado Ar-15 forums and I love guns.(gunaholic)......................anyway,
 Has anyone heard of the new LE Colt 6940?  Do out mid-December or is it a rumor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a 6940 for sure. Very new. An update to 6920. I think its a insider thing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Code 4 advertises the '21 being available by the end of the year is why I asked
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard from another forum it is real and like an LMT MRP, meaning the rail and upper receiver are all one piece.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
you mean like the   LE1020 but not a pston? yeah, thats not comming out. that has been shelved
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
It is coming out, and one has my name on it. Mid-dec. . Same gas system intergrated rail system, and Other stuff. $300 more then 6920. Only 500 will be made, You can try to get one but you won't. LE ONLY,and connected. Already have it paid for.  I will post  pics ASAP>I can't wait.........
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can try to get one but you won't. LE ONLY,and connected]

That your way sticking your nose in the air?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not connected, but papa is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, Sixgun, Jr....you get on your Poppa for letting the cat out of the bag, and then you go and advertise it here! I'm going to tell on you! lol

Seriously, it sounds mighty sweet....I will be looking locally for one, for sure. You and Sixgun find an extra one, you be sure to PM me...right?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Heck, I wanted a RRA. He talked me into this thing,even helping out w/ extra cost.
I have to get on knees when i get it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
ROTFLMAO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhoooooooo Ya thats a good one.

Quoted:
It is a 6940 for sure. Very new. An update to 6920. I think its a insider thing.

Sshhh Its very hush hush......
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
edit
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]
First post it was not confirmed, now it is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to have to throw a penalty flag for an obsessive use of smilies.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed that's pretty common amongst the colt cult
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah it's VERY HUSH HUSH, all  could find on the COLT LE6940, was it was the the AR of choice for dip-shit air-softer's that live with mama and papa..
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah it's VERY HUSH HUSH, all  could find on the COLT LE6940, was it was the the AR of choice for dip-shit air-softer's that live with mama and papa..

Sounds like somebody's jealous, and are just resorting to juvenile name calling to assuage their hurt self image.

You know nothing about Sixgun, Jr and are jumping to conclusions (e.g., air-softer, live with mama and papa). BTW, didn't your mama ever teach you that if you don't have something constructive to say, then say nothing? Your comments do nothing for the commeraderie of this forum, nor do they contribute anything positive to this thread.

That's too bad...with an attitude like yours, I'm sure you could have used the friendship offered by the forum members.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is coming out, and one has my name on it. Mid-dec. . Same gas system intergrated rail system, and Other stuff. $300 more then 6920. Only 500 will be made, You can try to get one but you won't. LE ONLY,and connected. Already have it paid for.  I will post  pics ASAP>I can't wait.........

It's too bad that you won't be able to keep it since it's going to come with a full-auto bcg.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's too bad that you won't be able to keep it since it's going to come with a full-auto bcg.

What does a full auto BCG have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FABCG.  You mean just like the 6920?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

M16 BCGs are perfectly legal to own and use.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#22]
This rifle?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I am a family man w/ 2 kids, single family income.Stay at home wify. I live 2000 miles away from my dad. I pay my mortgage every month and feed my family, what every it takes. Their are many illegals dependig me. I've been saving for 6 months for a new AR. My dad talks me into this Colt thing and it's alot more money. I have alot of old guns( 1886,1892 and 1994 winchesters And Colt SAA. I shot, reload and do cowboy action. I'm all Italian and love life at 35 years old. As far as the full auto bolt thing( another post) I thought it was illegal to have any NFA parts in a NON-NFA gun. They Flammed the $hi+ out of me. Idon't understeand why you would do such a thing. If you have to kill someone with your AR, and you have NFA part in your gun. GOOD LUCK trying to win that one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed that's pretty common amongst the colt cult

I have noticed it is common for you to  make cute remarks at anyone who likes colt
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy smokes is that it, the 6940?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I think so. or the 1020  both where supposed to be out long ago
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing. I have a full auto carrier in my AR's. I was referencing these comments:

Nothing. I was being sarcastic.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=406608

Quoted:
The law reads. any nfa gun part in a non-nfa gun is illegal. GET caught, go to jail.

Quoted:
I'm not going to try it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:As far as the full auto bolt thing( another post) I thought it was illegal to have any NFA parts in a NON-NFA gun. They Flammed the $hi+ out of me. Idon't understeand why you would do such a thing. If you have to kill someone with your AR, and you have NFA part in your gun. GOOD LUCK trying to win that one.

When you get that rifle, I'll take the complete BCG off your hands for the cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I spent a few days at the Colt Defense factory in Hartford a few months ago and no one mentioned anything about any new product availability.

That does not mean that it will not happen, I just find it odd.

Normally new products are brought out to get finger F'ed when you spend a few days training at a manufacturers facility.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing. I have a full auto carrier in my AR's. I was referencing these comments:

Nothing. I was being sarcastic.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=406608

Quoted:
The law reads. any nfa gun part in a non-nfa gun is illegal. GET caught, go to jail.

Quoted:
I'm not going to try it.

ZING!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Found this somewhere but lost the link.

Part of a letter to a Colt lawyer from FTB about using M16 bcgs in AR15s. All Colt guns ship with FA carriers.

In order to avoid violations of the NFA, M16 hammers, triggers, disconnectors, selectors and bolt carriers must not be used in assembly of AR-15 type semiautomatic rifles, unless the M16 parts have been modified to AR-15 Model SP1 configuration. Any AR-15 type rifles which have been assembled with M16 internal components should have those parts removed and replaced with AR-15 Model SP1 type parts which are available commercially. The M16 components also may be modified to AR-15 Model SP1 configuration.

Accordingly, based on previous FTB recommendations not to install this bolt carrier and the conclusions presented in the passage cited above, our Branch cannot specifically authorize you to install an M16 bolt carrier into an AR15 rifle. Also, we cannot definitively tell you that installing an M16 bolt carrier in an AR 15 will make that firearm fire automatically.

We can only inform you that if this installation were to create a firearm that fires automatically, it would be a machinegun as defined; conversely, if it did not result in the production of a weapon that shoots automatically, it would be lawful to posses and make.
We thank you for your inquiry and trust the foregoing has been responsive.

Sincerely yours,

Sterling Nixon
Chief, Firearms Technology Branch

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#32]
just had a brief conversation with te  head of LE sales at colt defense. I asked him about the  6940 and if it was coming out etc. He  spoke for just a second but took my name and  phone number  and said he would call me back. I told him I was calling and asking  for the general info of AR15.com.  SO when he calls back I will let you all know what he said
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
just had a brief conversation with te  head of LE sales at colt defense. I asked him about the  6940 and if it was coming out etc. He  spoke for just a second but took my name and  phone number  and said he would call me back. I told him I was calling and asking  for the general info of AR15.com.  SO when he calls back I will let you all know what he said

Colt's customer service(in my personal experience) is usually pretty good and swift(regardless of what all the haters say), It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say about the 6940.......I'd love to add one to my Pony collection..Scary thing lately though are the stratospheric price$ theyare going for.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#34]
the 1st person I talked to said she heard something about them and talked like they  are not going to be any kind of limited run LE only or anything. but we will see  she  transfered me to head of LE sales and I asked and before he could say anything he said someone higher up  was calling and he had to take it and would call me back
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#35]
does this have a QD barrel feature?  other wise how are you suposed to remove the barrel in the even that you want somthing diffrent?
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I was on a flight last night and the guy sitting next to me was a LE sales rep for Colt. He talked about it being available in the next 30 days or so but did not say anything about the civilian market.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Folks, the LE6940 is essentially a LE6920 with a full length integrated rail system and flip-up rear sights. We have them on order with the factoy and have been told to expect a January 2009 delivery.  We hope to have pricing info in the not too distant future.  Please keep an eye on our website for updates  http://www.Code4LEsales.com - Mike Thompson, CODE 4, LLC
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Folks, we've been advised by Colt that our LE6921s have shipped. We expect to receive them by 12/19.  Keep an eye on our website for updates http://www.Code4LEsales.com
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I received a phone call from my FFL advising that my T&E 6940 arrived yesterday.

Unfortunately, i am in FL going through a CQB Instructors Course so it will sit there until Monday...
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#40]

One just popped up on GB starting bid $1500.  Trying to find out info like barrel twist etc.

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Caliber: .223 Remington (5.56mm)

Upper Receiver: Full length rail system

Magazine: 2-20 round LE mags

Length-stock retracted: 30"

Length-stock extended: 35"

Barrel: 16"

Twist: 1 in 7 RH

Finish: Black Anodized / Manganese phosphate

Rear Sight: Flip-up

Item Number: Colt LE6940
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I may be wrong but I read somewhere the front site was titanium to  reduce weight on the barrel and it has a Matech BUIS. I could be wrong though
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
There is a Colt  LE 6940 for sale on gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

There is a Colt  LE 6940 for sale on gunbroker right now.

Up to $2500, reserve not met.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Linked for the greater good.

Gunbroker LE6940 Auction Link

Looks like it doesn't have the reported laser/VFG, or at least it's not pictured or mentioned in the ad, but it does have the QD sling mounts in the front of the rail, rather than the studs that were present on the 1020 prototypes.  

My dealer called me today to let me know that he'd just put a bunch on order, he called it the "Colt MRP," and he said he expects to get them shortly after SHOT.  

Call it blasphemy if you will, but I want to know how the barrel is attached, and how I can change it.    I think that monolithic upper's a prime candidate for a 14.5" M4A1 HB barrel, I prefer the fixed FSB for my rifles.  I've got just the one, too.  

~Augee

ETA: Love the fear-mongering from the seller.  True or not, he's definitely trying to play it to his advantage.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Linked for the greater good.

Gunbroker LE6940 Auction Link

Looks like it doesn't have the reported laser/VFG, or at least it's not pictured or mentioned in the ad, but it does have the QD sling mounts in the front of the rail, rather than the studs that were present on the 1020 prototypes.  

My dealer called me today to let me know that he'd just put a bunch on order, he called it the "Colt MRP," and he said he expects to get them shortly after SHOT.  

Call it blasphemy if you will, but I want to know how the barrel is attached, and how I can change it.    I think that monolithic upper's a prime candidate for a 14.5" M4A1 HB barrel, I prefer the fixed FSB for my rifles.  I've got just the one, too.  

~Augee

ETA: Love the fear-mongering from the seller.  True or not, he's definitely trying to play it to his advantage.  

Let's make him redistribute the profits before we send him to re-education camp, Komrade.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Let's make him redistribute the profits before we send him to re-education camp, Komrade.

Didn't say he wasn't well within his rights, either.  Free market economy is what it is, doesn't mean I have to approve of his sales tactics.  I think it's a matter of decency and morality that you shouldn't consciously prey on people's fears and vulnerabilities to gain an advantage or profit.  

Of course, I've never had to make a living in sales, and probably never could, so maybe I lack perspective to judge.  Nevertheless, disapproving of fear-mongering dealers does not equal Communism, Komrade.

See you at camp.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
What is gas impingment mean?  
I have 11 of these on order with Larry Knesek of Knesek Guns Inc. in Van Buren, AR.    
He is one of the biggest Colt dealers in the US.   I hope he scores a bunch.  I was first on his waiting list a couple of months ago.  Hell,  he hadn't even heard of them and probably thought I was stoned!

AC
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I received a phone call from my FFL advising that my T&E 6940 arrived yesterday.

Unfortunately, i am in FL going through a CQB Instructors Course so it will sit there until Monday...

Pat_Rodgers,

Keep us updated and a few pics would be sweet!

AC
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is gas impingment mean?  
I have 11 of these on order with Larry Knesek of Knesek Guns Inc. in Van Buren, AR.    
He is one of the biggest Colt dealers in the US.   I hope he scores a bunch.  I was first on his waiting list a couple of months ago.  Hell,  he hadn't even heard of them and probably thought I was stoned!

AC

Direct gas impingement is the same gas system that's been used in the AR system since its inception, i.e. it uses a gas tube which directs gas back into the BCG to cycle the weapon instead of using a gas piston system.  I prefer it to the added complexity of a piston system, but then again, I know how to maintain my rifles.

~Augee
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top