Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2011 8:25:58 PM EDT
Since the ARFCOM Ham Roster thread is envisioned to be just a "roster" of members, let's use this one for any comments/questions/chat/ideas
that anyone may have.

Thanks to those participating in the roster.

EDIT: ACTUAL ROSTER THREAD HERE:
Roster
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It's ar-jedi's fault.

No, really, it is. His tacked threads are the reason I got my tickets two years ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's ar-jedi's fault.
No, really, it is. His tacked threads are the reason I got my tickets two years ago.

This.  
I had "thought" about maybe doing it at some point.  Possibly.
This forum and his threads pushed me over the edge.
Been dealing with family health issues the last two years, and have not had enough time to dedicate to learning some things.  Hopefully things will improving a bit more and I'll get more active this year.  Need to find some people locally to hook up with and get some more hands-on with building stuff.  Looking at taking General either later this year or next.

Link Posted: 6/2/2011 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's ar-jedi's fault.

Yep, him and that Orange Box....must be some sort of Jedi Mind Trick...
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
we used to have a list that could be uploaded to Echolink. I still have one of the older ones, but it only contains call signs, not user names. OF course, this is several years old, and i'm sure quite out of date.
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]

there seems to be lots of folks above (ETA: and now BELOW!) who lack accountability and instead place blame on the nearest guy with an orange box.

that is all i have to say.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 6/2/2011 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

there seems to be lots of folks above who lack accountability and instead place blame on the nearest guy with an orange box.

ar-jedi

http://www.childrensministryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/orangebox.jpg

He's guilty as charged.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#7]
It really is AR-Jedi's and the rest of you here's fault. This forum is how and why I got my ticket.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there seems to be lots of folks above who lack accountability and instead place blame on the nearest guy with an orange box.

ar-jedi

http://www.childrensministryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/orangebox.jpg

He's guilty as charged.  

Thank you, Ham Donkey.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's ar-jedi's fault.

And the orange box too.

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It really is AR-Jedi's and the rest of you here's fault. This forum is how and why I got my ticket.

Yep!

Originally I settled for tech, mostly because I only wanted 2m/70cm in my mobile for offroading.  Silly me.  Saw so many arfcommers upgrading lately and many making general their first time, and it really pushed me to upgrade to general and start on some HF.  I don't do HF too often, but its nice knowing I have it and I can.  

And yes, I do read 4x4ham, but don't post a lot there.  Fudge0514 is my name there.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the turnout for the Roster.  

Judging by the license dates, apparently ham radio isn't dead after all.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn....I've lost my pogo stick....
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Roster is up to 70.

Well done.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Roster is up to 70.

Well done.  

NICE!  there seems to be a surge of late, I'm not sure how's it been in the past but ...it seems to have really picked up of late-is this a seasonal thing????
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Now at 85.  

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Roster link in the OP.    

We can't have topped out at 85.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Made it to 88.
Roster link in OP.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#18]
add one more glad it's call-sign optional or I won't have listed due to OPSEC.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I would personally like to thank ARJedi for putting up with all of the BS, and for the excellent moderation, guidance, suggestions, Ham 101, and other work he's done here.

A big round of applause for this guy!

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would personally like to thank ARJedi for putting up with all of the BS, and for the excellent moderation, guidance, suggestions, Ham 101, and other work he's done here.

A big round of applause for this guy!

Dead on, and allow me to add, a Big Thanks to ALL of you who take time to post and help us Newbs along!  With my lifestyle/schedule I'm unable to go over and hang out with an Elmer, but can come here and be well received amongst the crowd learning all along the way!

Y'all Rock!
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Like everyone is saying, ar-jedi we may give you a lot of poopy-caca BUT if it where not for you and the others that put the tack threads together about ham radio MANY of us would still be trying to figure out ham radio. I had been trying to become a ham since the late 70's but it just didn't stick, especially the code. Once learning from this very site that the code requirement had been drop I have gone at it "full ham"!!
THANK YOU for your dedication and time! I hope to be able to give back to other new hams a fraction of what you'all have given to us!!
Sarge
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Roster up to 106.

Well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top