[#2]
He's got my vote!!!

J
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, gee, I don't know...

It's wonderful to see one of our own running for the board!  I hope he makes it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my vote.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks brothers....I'll do my best to help the cause....!

Now we just need to get Tom Seleck to run for NRA prez, and instead of him hoisting some old muzzleloader, he needs to raise up an EBR!
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just now seeing this, Joe.

Thank goodness, I finally have an excuse to retire my sigline!
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now we just need to get Tom Seleck to run for NRA prez, and instead of him hoisting some old muzzleloader, he needs to raise up an EBR!
And scream "From my cold, dead hands!"

It would be like a true passing of the torch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe is a super guy and will represent us well.  He has mine, my wife's, my Dad's, and my Daughter's vote, and all the friends I can talk to.  Good luck , Joe!
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Wise_Jake!

I really appreciate it.

To all Members of ARFCOM....If you are either a consecutive five year or more Annual or a LIFE Member, the voting ballots
will appear in the March editions of your NRA Magazine of choice.

Look for them to be in your mailboxes by mid-February.

Voting is open until April.  

Thanks again....

Joe
My ballot will be returned quickly.
This is something you and I can agree on, without hesitation:
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Joe,

Thanks for the IM. I hadn't been in this part of the forum in a few weeks.

You have mine and my wife's vote. We need more like you on the NRA board.

Best of luck
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#19]
You've certainly got my vote, Joe.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 2:12:29 AM EDT
[#22]
You have my vote as well, best of luck!

<––––-  NRA Life Member, NYSRPA, Scope
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my vote and I'll pass the word to other (non arfcom) voting members.
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Joe,

I am preparing a flyer to distribute to all our gun club memebrs at the next meeting in March.  I am also sending an email to all the shooting organizations I belong to.  I will also prepare some for local gun shops.  I will also personally email every one of my friends that I know are NRA voters.  This flyer wil ask them to vote for YOU for the Board.

Too often 5 year members and lIfers receive the balloits but do not know anyone on them, or at least only a few and those celebrities that are popular.  Sadly, because of this, many don't even vote all.  Therefore, I am going to give them a REASON to vote, and a candidate to vite for.  If I personally ask them to vote for a stalwart champion of our beliefs and a friend of mine; they will be very likely to make an effort to return their ballots with a vote for you, even if they vote for no one else but you.

I will canvas as many friemds and colleagues as possible to offer them a reason to vote-  a candidate that will make a difference.  

I challenge all of our ARFCOM family to do the same - solicit as many votes as possible for Joseph DeBergalis by persoanl emails to friends and organizations that they belong to

Link Posted: 2/9/2009 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Joe,

My vote for you will be mailed within a week of receipt.

DSBock
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe in person and spending a little time in getting to know him.  He is a solid individual, and truly believes in the 2A, not just a watered down fudd version of it.  I would follow Joe into battle in a heartbeat.  He exemplifies what we need at the helm of the NRA.  Smart, well spoken, personable.  He understands politics and public perception.  We could not ask for a better candidate.

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Endowment Member here, and you definitely have my vote!
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Endowment Life Member here.  You have my vote.

Good luck, and thanks for the IM.

Link Posted: 2/13/2009 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Okay , I am putting my words into  DIRECT ACTION

The following is a copy of the email I sent to all my friends, asociates and organizations that are NRA members that willbe able to vote in the upcoming election.  Feel free to use it as an example to encourage others to vote for JOE DeBERGALIS. I also included the short resume so others can see for themselves what a great choice Joe is.

Edited to add: if you copy this directly, please be smarter than me and change the mispelling of Joe's last name.  I wrote this at about 0330 and obviously my fingers did not cooperate with my brain.  Just be sure to change the mispelling to DeBergalis. What a putz I am!.  Well , maybe it will get people looking at Joe's name even more , trying to figure out which is the correct version; they may remember him even more.  Anyway, I 'm gonna go slam my head in the oven door as punishment

Friends,

If you are a NRA LIFE member or have been an annual member for at least 5 consecutive  years, you are considered a voting member.  Thusly, you will receive a ballot in your magazine selection in March.  If you are like me, the ballot is a challenging document because I rarely know any of the candidates, with the exception of the celebrities.  I almost feel like it is fruitless for me to vote because I don't know the folks and may choose a candidiate that does not mirror my personal beliefs or the correct interpretation of the Constitution.  Sometimes I just don't even send it back in.

This year, I hope you would honor my recommendation for a persoanl friend of mine - SR. Investigator JOSEPH BEBERGALIS, JR.

He is with the NY State Police and has been a life long advocate of all the shooting sports.  He is a staunch supporter of the 2d Amendment and stern supporter of the right to carry for self defense.  His own words "from black powder to black rifles" advocates a support of all types of firearms for all legal uses.

In this perilous time in our Country, we need to have people like Joe who will do the right thing, and fight to protect our Constitutional rights.  By electing him to the NRA Board, we will be adding one more correct thinker to help guide the NRA in aligning itself properly on the issues that face gun owners.  At no time since this Country's beginning can I think of a more critical time to make the right decisions and choices.

When you get your March magazine from the NRA containing your ballot, I suggest that if you do not have any other strong, confident choices for the Board, that you simply vote for at least one right choice, my friend - Joe Debergalis and send the ballot back in. Joe has an unusual last name, so it should be fairly easy to pick out - a helpful way to remember him is to think 'Joe - D' and that he is from NY State Police.

Attached is short listing of his NRA related accomplishments and affiliations.  Please feel free to pass this along to all your associates, both via email and by announcing/posting it at your clubs and organizations. Thank you in advance for your help and for your support of the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Excellent idea FiftyCalAl - I will be sending a similar email to all my shooting, hunting associates as well.  It is about time we had some of our own helping shape NRA policy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 2:54:24 AM EDT
[#38]
DAMN JOE!  I spelled your name wrong  in my email text.  Note to self-do not type important stuff at 0330 in the morning.  Oh well, they'll get the drift.  My bad and my apologies
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 3:35:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I"m voting for 'em !

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I will be voting for him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 4:44:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Joe, I just sent out an email to the web admins at the Walden Sportsmen's Club and the Wallkill Rod & Gun Club whom I know personally and asked them to forward it to their membership.  I also copied all my shooting buddies and asked them to pass it on.  Best of luck with the election!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I received my ballot yesterday & Joe is the only circle filled in on my ballot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

THAT IS THE SMART WAY TO DO IT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT IS THE SMART WAY TO DO IT!!!!

Why is that? Does it count more?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top