Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2013 3:26:29 AM EDT
It has been reported over on CTGT, by user SEABASS18, that a coworker of theirs who was non resident of CT applied for and received back the Certificate of Possession.
Non-CT Resident AW Certificate Approved
« on: Today at 07:19:15 AM »

There had been talk about non-CT residents being able to register an AW with the state prior to Jan 1, however I hadn't seen a non-res person actually get their approved AW certs back.

My coworker who likes to come shoot in CT with me and lives in NJ came home to his approved CT AW Certs in his mailbox last night. So it does look like a non-resident can apply for a CT AW cert and it will be approved. Now for full disoclsoure he also has his non-res CT pistol permit but I do not think that someone without that would be denied (if they were trying to register a long gun).

Good news for any out of state folks who either want to come shoot with friends or might move into or back into state some day.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#1]
More info from CTGT on the out of state person: "He mailed them from his home in NJ on 8/23 and approved certs were in his mailbox on 11/04"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top