Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/21/2014 4:07:19 PM EDT
My first SBRs, sent them off to member CS223 and just got them back today.  Look great, easy/no hassle transaction, couldn't be happier.  Anyone needing to do this, don't hesitate to use him!  (just PM him here, he replies very quickly with info)

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  Had 2 lowers done by Charlie and they looked 10x better than the local shop I used.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
what city and state is he in? thanks
I used a (wont name them) local shop and the sucked ass. I painted the lower so it is less bothering....
eta- I see he is in FL.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a (wont name them) local shop and the sucked ass.  I painted the lower so it is less bothering....
eta- I see he is in FL.
View Quote

Here is his website. Alachua, FL.

He did two I shipped him earlier this year, as well as some other work. Definitely would recommend his services. Of the six I've had done, his is the #1 I'd duplicate if I needed to get one engraved and wanted to use somebody I'd already used before. (I say that because I'd like to try Orion and Gray, just to have examples of two other places).

One week turnaround, door-to-door...that's hard to beat.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here is his website.

He did two I shipped him earlier this year, as well as some other work. Definitely would recommend his services.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used a (wont name them) local shop and the sucked ass.  I painted the lower so it is less bothering....
eta- I see he is in FL.

Here is his website.

He did two I shipped him earlier this year, as well as some other work. Definitely would recommend his services.

BigWaylon - damn dude, you keep helping me out! I am gonna owe you some drinks soon.  Thanks man.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
OP...you could add your pic to the Engraving examples thread if you wanted.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea he did a good job on my receiver also!  There and back in exactly 1 week.

I waited 2 months for Ident.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP...you could add your pic to the Engraving examples thread if you wanted.
View Quote

Will do!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
What does he use to do the engraving?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have many different firearms engraved by him!
AR,AK, & SBS he does great work!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
What was the process for shipping to him to get him to engrave the lowers? Looking to build my first SBR soon
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ship it UPS...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Email him or  IM for pricing and then ship your lower usps.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. $5.80 for a small flat rate box and off it goes. I just sent him one this morning.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He did two I shipped him earlier this year, as well as some other work. Definitely would recommend his services. Of the six I've had done, his is the #1 I'd duplicate if I needed to get one engraved and wanted to use somebody I'd already used before. (I say that because I'd like to try Orion and Gray, just to have examples of two other places).

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/28DA5D83-E474-46D3-B567-4F54381F979E_zpsehbewhjs.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
eta- I see he is in FL.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/28DA5D83-E474-46D3-B567-4F54381F979E_zpsehbewhjs.jpg

love the pew action.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
love the pew action.
View Quote

Couldn't resist. Wasn't even planning on an SBR build at the time. Saw the lower, had to get one. (It's an Aero Precision). Now it's a 7" 9mm SBR.

USPS Priority mail is how I sent my lowers and slide to CS223, and also how he returned them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]
As others answered, just priority mailed it to him and he priority mailed it back.  (signature required)  

Also ditto on the just PM CS223 - he will lay it out for you and confirm price for whatever you're sending.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Couldn't resist. Wasn't even planning on an SBR build at the time. Saw the lower, had to get one. (It's an Aero Precision). Now it's a 7" 9mm SBR.

USPS Priority mail is how I sent my lowers and slide to CS223, and also how he returned them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
love the pew action.

I had the same problem, Form 1 submitted last week on a PEW lower.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#19]
taggage
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I just tried to email him using the email he has on his site. It came back undeliverable. How do you PM on here if you don't see a post that he made? I used Grey for my last two lowers, but for two it cost me 140 by the time I paid shipping both ways. I don't really want to pay that much this time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I just tried to email him using the email he has on his site. It came back undeliverable. How do you PM on here if you don't see a post that he made? I used Grey for my last two lowers, but for two it cost me 140 by the time I paid shipping both ways. I don't really want to pay that much this time.
View Quote
Use the IM link at the bottom of a post and change the recipient's information...

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just tried to email him using the email he has on his site. It came back undeliverable. How do you PM on here if you don't see a post that he made?
View Quote

Click the little envelope icon that takes you to the IM system.  Click compose. Put CS223 in the To field.

I shipped him two lowers and a slide, basically for the same cost as shipping one lower.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
That engraving looks awesome.  One question.  Did you have it re-anodized or did you just give it the aluminum black treatment?  I'm having two lowers engraved and I'm on the fence about what to do with them after.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That engraving looks awesome.  One question.  Did you have it re-anodized or did you just give it the aluminum black treatment?  I'm having two lowers engraved and I'm on the fence about what to do with them after.
View Quote

CS223 uses the Aluminum Black and does it before he sends it back to you. The pic I posted above is exactly how it came back to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks great.  I'm having mine done by a local guy who comes pretty highly recommended and he will do aluminum black for free, or have it re-anodized for $50 each.  I think I'm gonna just have him blacken it.  Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I got mine done by CS223 as well.  He did great work, and he did it fast!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Just played with a $50k Keyence marking laser here at work, it would work like a charm if we bought one
Should have brought in some lowers for him to "demo" on
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got mine done by CS223 as well.  He did great work, and he did it fast!
View Quote

I'll probably be sending him a half-lower for my .45 SBR...  Does he do ceracoat too?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Just received a lower back, about a week door to door.

Engraving is great, I would argue better than Ide.... other laser engravers.  The text is very sharp and clean.  

Can't go wrong!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got my 870 back today from Cs223.
Looks great!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just received a lower back, about a week door to door.

Engraving is great, I would argue better than Ide.... other laser engravers.  The text is very sharp and clean.  

Can't go wrong!
View Quote

That sounds like my experience also.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got back mine today as well. The pictures in this thread are great, but in person the engraving is amazing. Very low key and subtle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Another +2 for CS223
Got an AR lower and an 870P back on Thursday. Exactly one week from ship to receipt, over a holiday weekend to boot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#35]
How much does he charge? I don't see any prices on his website. I've sent an email but I figured I'd ask here since so many of you have used him.

Anyone know if he can engrave polymer? (I've got a G17 SBR that needs engraving)
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How much does he charge? I don't see any prices on his website. I've sent an email but I figured I'd ask here since so many of you have used him.

Anyone know if he can engrave polymer? (I've got a G17 SBR that needs engraving)
View Quote

Not sure about polymer. I don't remember if I asked before I got out my Dremel.

$35 plus shipping is what the going rate was recently.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn I'm up in Pensacola and need two SBR lowers done.  I'm going to drive to this guy and have him do it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Damn I'm up in Pensacola and need two SBR lowers done.  I'm going to drive to this guy and have him do it.
View Quote

Just a heads up.

As I understand it, he does his engraving (I thought he said at home, or maybe that's my incorrect assumption) on the weekends. If you get him the lower by Friday, he does them on Sunday and ships on Monday.

So, you may have to take two trips..or drive up once to drop them off and talk about what you want done, and then let him ship them back. (Or ship them to him, and drive back up to get them).

You may get different info when you talk to him, but that's how I recall it being explained when he did mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Chuck is the man!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just a heads up.

As I understand it, he does his engraving (I thought he said at home, or maybe that's my incorrect assumption) on the weekends. If you get him the lower by Friday, he does them on Sunday and ships on Monday.

So, you may have to take two trips..or drive up once to drop them off and talk about what you want done, and then let him ship them back. (Or ship them to him, and drive back up to get them).

You may get different info when you talk to him, but that's how I recall it being explained when he did mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a heads up.

Thanks.  I went ahead and sent him a PM.  I will likely just ship them to him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Just a heads up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a heads up.

I'm truly humbled by all the kind words

Yes I engrave on the weekends at the licensed shop location so I can work without distractions. So many details when setting up a job that it's impossible to do this kind of work with interruptions. About the only thing that delays me is bad weather; lightning, power glitches etc. and family emergencies.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes I engrave on the weekends at the licensed shop location so I can work without distractions. So many details when setting up a job that it's impossible to do this kind of work with interruptions. About the only thing that delays me is bad weather; lightning, power glitches etc. and family emergencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a heads up.

Im thinking about doing a form 1 suppressor, would you be able to engrave that? It would be stainless steel
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Another big +1 for CS223, he just engraved my lower. Excellent job and less than a week turnaround time. Will be posting pics later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#44]
He did a great job on mine and was understanding when I added the restricted notice on it after he had it in hand.. And knocked it out of the park!

Highly recommend!

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Got mine back earlier this week, fantastic work as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Im thinking about doing a form 1 suppressor, would you be able to engrave that? It would be stainless steel

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a heads up.

I IM'd him, and yes, he does suppressors, but it takes longer and costs more due to a 4th axis setup being required...

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got my Lower back and it turned out great! Turnaround time was much better than the person I used for my previous lower engraving.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Just sent in two lowers for engraving yesterday. This thread with all of the positive feedback is what made me finally take a leap of faith. I will post back once I receive the completed engraved lowers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Tagged because I'll be sending my SBR lower off soon...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Sent mine to him. Awesome work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top