Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 4:40:27 PM EDT

Plenty of room for the Ti-Rant 9

The forend slides into two grooves on the sides of the upper and is locked in place with the front pivot pin.  

The barrel assembly is held in with two screws and just slides right out of the upper. I didn't take the gas regulator out but it is just held in with a pin.

Index pin

Ejector held by two screws on the left side of upper.

Hammer looks a little different I will try a SG3 in it later.

Carrier and bolt similar to AR style with dual recoil springs.  

Charging handle similar as well.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. What is the deal with the mags? Are the specifically sig MPX mags or are others compatible?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Special Lancer mags. No other mags will work...yet
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You shot it with the suppressor yet? I hopefully will get tot make mine out this week to run suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You shot it with the suppressor yet? I hopefully will get tot make mine out this week to run suppressed.
View Quote

Yep

Runs like a top with my reloads. I'll try some factory stuff tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The lip on the hammer seems to be an over travel part hanging otherwise I can't tell what it does on mine..
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Will this thing take AR15/M16 FCG/Selector?  Looks like the lower will take a RDIAS.  But, it doesn't look like the carrier will trip a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will this thing take AR15/M16 FCG/Selector?  Looks like the lower will take a RDIAS.  But, it doesn't look like the carrier will trip a RDIAS.
View Quote

Affirmative to the first part.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From googling, looks like there is supposed to be a sear trip that attaches to the notches on the bottom of the carrier.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see a ti-rant will fit under the handguard.

I'll throw a 3 lug adapter on mine when I get it and then wait for shorter barrels to be released.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll throw a 3 lug adapter on mine when I get it and then wait for shorter barrels to be released.
View Quote

Where are you getting a 13.5L tri lug from?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TROS is rumored to have one. Just isn't listed on the website.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, TROS is rumored to have them/producing them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]
i want one
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed them and got *crickets*
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm waiting on mine as we speak. Just 1 question, though. Can a standard AR trigger be swapped out with theirs? I noticed a couple of components that may inhibit dropping in, say, a LaRue or a Geissele.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I put a sd3g in mine. Works fine
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Question about the barrel. Would it be possible to cut the barrel down to a 4" barrel and have it threaded to 1/2x28 without it not messing up the way it cycles?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Question about the barrel. Would it be possible to cut the barrel down to a 4" barrel and have it threaded to 1/2x28 without it not messing up the way it cycles?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#20]
might break down and pick one up when the 4.5"  barrels come out....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm tempted to get it cut down as well.  I just question how long it's going to take for them to actually get spare barrels out on the market.  I imagine they will release a K version before releasing spare barrels.  Again I'm just assuming.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's anything like an AR one can simply open up the gas port.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a thread looking into adjusting the gas block on the piston. From what I can tell you might be able to. Mine is over gasses when suppressed so I'm trying to adjust it. The barrel looks like you can cut it down.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a thread looking into adjusting the gas block on the piston. From what I can tell you might be able to. Mine is over gasses when suppressed so I'm trying to adjust it. The barrel looks like you can cut it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you post a link to the thread?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking but didn't really see one in the pics. I'm not familiar with piston guns at all. This will be my first.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Near as I can tell, the MPX barrel extension/trunion is pinned to the barrel, so to get at the gas port you'd have to drive out the pins and press the barrel out of the extension.
That's assuming the barrel port is the real restriction and not something in the piston mechanism.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Near as I can tell, the MPX barrel extension/trunion is pinned to the barrel, so to get at the gas port you'd have to drive out the pins and press the barrel out of the extension.
That's assuming the barrel port is the real restriction and not something in the piston mechanism.
View Quote

Assuming it is like the MCX, it is likely within the piston mechanism. Hopefully my MPX gets in this week and I can post pictures of all the assemblies together.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other thread

I'll drive my pin out tonight and take my piston housing apart.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey there.
Does your charging handle have that up and down play as some have reported?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's actually not necessary. The pin in the gas block is simply retaining a spring detent. You should be able to rotate the plug and pull out the piston without removing the pin.

I discovered this when we took the gas block off to chop the barrel and nearly lost the detent pin in the machine shop.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's actually not necessary. The pin in the gas block is simply retaining a spring detent. You should be able to rotate the plug and pull out the piston without removing the pin.

I discovered this when we took the gas block off to chop the barrel and nearly lost the detent pin in the machine shop.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=77030&prev=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took mine apart this morning because I want to thread the barrel but don't want to pay 145 for a barreled action. What pin did you drive out to take that whole housing off.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I took mine apart this morning because I want to thread the barrel but don't want to pay 145 for a barreled action. What pin did you drive out to take that whole housing off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two solid pins on the bottom need to be removed to pull the block/extension from the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The two solid roll pins on the bottom need to be removed to pull the block/extension from the barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two solid roll pins on the bottom need to be removed to pull the block/extension from the barrel.

Anything else to make sure the piston doesn't come apart? How hard were the pins getting out?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#34]
what length barrel is yours?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Could someone please post pics on the process of removing the gas piston for cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I wish I would have never clicked on this thread.  Now I want one.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anything else to make sure the piston doesn't come apart? How hard were the pins getting out?
View Quote

Leave the tiny roll pin between the two holes for the barrel screws in place, that's what is retaining the detent for the piston. As for difficulty, I would have to defer that question to JohnnyMcEldoo.

vv83: 4.5"

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wish I would have never clicked on this thread.  Now I want one.  Thanks OP.
View Quote

You're welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top