Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/18/2016 12:49:17 AM EDT
Since there will be a 100+ new carriers delivered shortly to the membership, I figured we could use a thread about them. Who's got one, any mods you recommend  would probably be the most FAQ. I am curious about quick detach, what are the other options to Velcroing in every time?
ETA : I did opt for side plates if it makes a difference.
Carrier

Group buy
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had one for 5-6 months and love it. Its taken some real abuse without flinching, all the stitching is like day one and no abrasion to speak of. Great value all around and plates fit perfect in them, snug and in place with confidence.

thanks for the post about the GB, i didnt even know about it, hopefully i made it in time for a second unit

Velcroing the cummerbund closure is not an issue at all. Heres a step by step how i store and don it/doff it, maybe different than others but its easiest for me to adjust it and leave one side in place and meet the other side of the cummerbund to it.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since there will be a 100+ new carriers delivered shortly to the membership, I figured we could use a thread about them. Who's got one, any mods you recommend  would probably be the most FAQ. I am curious about quick detach, what are the other options to Velcroing in every time?
ETA : I did opt for side plates if it makes a difference.
Carrier

Group buy
View Quote

Great idea on the thread.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Great thread idea OP and appreciate the first reply.  Subscribed and looking forward to receiving mine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It was asked how we were lacing the bungee cords in the gb thread

Here's how I did mine.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That's how it's supposed to go.  There's an instruction sheet on the SKD site linked in the OP
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's how it's supposed to go.  There's an instruction sheet on the SKD site linked in the OP
View Quote

You should get a instruction sheet with the product as well, glad i made it for the GB.....there were only a few hours left.

Does anyone already have one of these and are you using shoulder pads and pontoons? Ive spent quite a few hrs in it as is and its dang comfortable running, obstacle courses, and manuevering.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You should get a instruction sheet with the product as well, glad i made it for the GB.....there were only a few hours left.

Does anyone already have one of these and are you using shoulder pads and pontoons? Ive spent quite a few hrs in it as is and its dang comfortable running, obstacle courses, and manuevering.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great pics, mine will live in my closet and may see a couple of classes and I pray I never NEED it.
Do the shoulder straps ever slide? I was thinking about taping them to the straps now that I've got it fit where I want.
ETA: I thought about the pontoons, but after seeing you strap the loose side it to the back has made me change my mind, mine holds well there with side plates.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Great pics, mine will live in my closet and may see a couple of classes and I pray I never NEED it.
Do the shoulder straps ever slide? I was thinking about taping them to the straps now that I've got it fit where I want.
ETA: I thought about the pontoons, but after seeing you strap the loose side it to the back has made me change my mind, mine holds well there with side plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They dont slide while wearing it, the velcro adjuster stays solid but the flap part can move around but always finds its proper place.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Received my carrier and plates today. That was fast! Thanks again, SKD!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine came in too. How the hell are you guys getting both cord ends through that connector?   It's kicking my ass.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mine came in too. How the hell are you guys getting both cord ends through that connector?   It's kicking my ass.
View Quote

1 at a time, push hard on the second one.

Eta. Don't forget to lock it open first.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know it locked.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't know it locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know it locked.

it happens
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I didn't know it locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know it locked.

Figuring that out took longer than I'd like to admit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't know it locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know it locked.

I locked mine by accident.

Thanks to the poster who posted a picture.  I would have never figured out how the cord goes through like that.

I got the side plates as well since they were on sale.  Pretty cool set-up.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks to the poster who posted a picture.  I would have never figured out how the cord goes through like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know it locked.

I got them too, probably gonna sell my original and plates now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
So when's the next group buy?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone else get an email about out of stock on plates and late july before they come in?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone else get an email about out of stock on plates and late july before they come in?
View Quote

not me, but that was mentioned in the sale thread as a possible outcome
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah i was just hoping i wasnt the caboose haha
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Misery loves company
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We will have more. Those plates are made exclusively for us to our specs. We put out a damn good plate. Glad you guys got in on the group buy! I did too. Feel free to post a ton of pictures of your set-ups. Interested to see how they all turn out.

SOS
View Quote

soon

UPS says tomorrow afternoon
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We will have more. Those plates are made exclusively for us to our specs. We put out a damn good plate. Glad you guys got in on the group buy! I did too. Feel free to post a ton of pictures of your set-ups. Interested to see how they all turn out.

SOS
View Quote

Soon for the next group buy? I'll definitely pick up a package.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I posted that I wanted a set. But never got a message to pay. If one was ordered I would be happy to buy it if not please count me in on the next group buy.  Mike

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I received confirmation of order and my docs were approved.  I was told I would receive a separate shipping email but haven't received it yet, should I assume I'm on the wait list for plates?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Also, OP thanks for this thread!

Also-Also, arheart thanks for the great pics and detailed reply!

View Quote

No problem p_w, love this carrier. And lots of love for skd for thier honest pricing and business practices.

Yall are keeping america great
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I missed the group buy but am going to order one of these tomorrow.

I'm measuring ~37.5" around my abdomen (same measurement at my naval and 4" above it).

Looks like I could go with either the medium or the large cummerbund.  Is it better to go with a large in case I put more clothing on?  I don't see myself getting much slimmer.

These are the plates I have (10x12):

http://www.midwestarmor.com/body-armor/proguard-iv
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm measuring ~37.5" around my abdomen (same measurement at my naval and 4" above it).

Looks like I could go with either the medium or the large cummerbund.  Is it better to go with a large in case I put more clothing on?  I don't see myself getting much slimmer.

View Quote

If your 38" waist go with the bigger one
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 38" at the waist and I got the large, it fits with side plates as well, it's adjusted out in the back to the point I wished I would have got the XLarge.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm 38" at the waist and I got the large, it fits with side plates as well, it's adjusted out in the back to the point I wished I would have got the XLarge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have a 32" waist.  The 37.5" I was measuring is at my naval and at the bottom of my rib cage, where the cummerbund will sit.  I ended up ordering the large.  I have side plates so I'm sure I'll be glad I went a little big to accommodate those.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Now we need a helmet group buy!!!

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#36]
So what is the best way to store a carrier and plates?  Right now I have it hanging on a heavy duty hangar I made out of some 2" PVC with the plates installed.  Do I need to remove the plates and store separately?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So what is the best way to store a carrier and plates?  Right now I have it hanging on a heavy duty hangar I made out of some 2" PVC with the plates installed.  Do I need to remove the plates and store separately?
View Quote

No need to store them separately.  I leave mine underneath the bed, ready to don if I need it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No need to store them separately.  I leave mine underneath the bed, ready to don if I need it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, under the bed
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Now we need a helmet group buy!!!

View Quote

Hmmm...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you haven't received shipping confirmation yet there is a good chance you are on the second shipment of plates due in.  If you want to confirm, please email our customer service staff at [email protected] with your order number.  Thanks!
View Quote

Will you have enough to do the deal for folks who didn't make it in time?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you haven't received shipping confirmation yet there is a good chance you are on the second shipment of plates due in.  If you want to confirm, please email our customer service staff at [email protected] with your order number.  Thanks!

Negative bro, if you didnt make it tough nuts basically. The second shipment of plate are to cover the remaining orders and im sure for stock at regular retail
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ive had one for 5-6 months and love it. Its taken some real abuse without flinching, all the stitching is like day one and no abrasion to speak of. Great value all around and plates fit perfect in them, snug and in place with confidence.

thanks for the post about the GB, i didnt even know about it, hopefully i made it in time for a second unit

Velcroing the cummerbund closure is not an issue at all. Heres a step by step how i store and don it/doff it, maybe different than others but its easiest for me to adjust it and leave one side in place and meet the other side of the cummerbund to it.

<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/26EC726A-8124-4EAA-90C3-AE4882E69CE8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/26EC726A-8124-4EAA-90C3-AE4882E69CE8.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/986B1B21-002C-4EA9-BE66-B957DE5845D8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/986B1B21-002C-4EA9-BE66-B957DE5845D8.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/A576667D-BD4F-4A26-B611-F7A72234202A.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/A576667D-BD4F-4A26-B611-F7A72234202A.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/B9B8B0F1-D403-4067-9FF8-BA6EA6C43823.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/B9B8B0F1-D403-4067-9FF8-BA6EA6C43823.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/0F32C651-EAC2-4E03-B14A-66C31FA5958E.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/0F32C651-EAC2-4E03-B14A-66C31FA5958E.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/126615C1-7DF1-4FC0-BAEA-C834BA257A7C.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/126615C1-7DF1-4FC0-BAEA-C834BA257A7C.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/D9B55E32-2960-4F02-885D-96289B5D44A2.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/D9B55E32-2960-4F02-885D-96289B5D44A2.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/A7617B23-CD6A-4D6C-87D7-92191A6E69B3.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/A7617B23-CD6A-4D6C-87D7-92191A6E69B3.jpeg</a>

View Quote

I'm not a fan of the cummerbund.  It has no rigidity and bunches up.  Have you experienced similar?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of these, it holds the plate and carrier without issue. But fair warning, I ordered a black one and got a yellow one. Although it doesn't bother me enough to mess with exchanging it.

So what mag pouches would everyone recommend?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I got one of these, it holds the plate and carrier without issue. But fair warning, I ordered a black one and got a yellow one. Although it doesn't bother me enough to mess with exchanging it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac Kywi
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of the cummerbund.  It has no rigidity and bunches up.  Have you experienced similar?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/26EC726A-8124-4EAA-90C3-AE4882E69CE8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/26EC726A-8124-4EAA-90C3-AE4882E69CE8.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/986B1B21-002C-4EA9-BE66-B957DE5845D8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/986B1B21-002C-4EA9-BE66-B957DE5845D8.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/A576667D-BD4F-4A26-B611-F7A72234202A.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/A576667D-BD4F-4A26-B611-F7A72234202A.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/B9B8B0F1-D403-4067-9FF8-BA6EA6C43823.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/B9B8B0F1-D403-4067-9FF8-BA6EA6C43823.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/0F32C651-EAC2-4E03-B14A-66C31FA5958E.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/0F32C651-EAC2-4E03-B14A-66C31FA5958E.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/126615C1-7DF1-4FC0-BAEA-C834BA257A7C.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/126615C1-7DF1-4FC0-BAEA-C834BA257A7C.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/D9B55E32-2960-4F02-885D-96289B5D44A2.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/D9B55E32-2960-4F02-885D-96289B5D44A2.jpeg</a>
<a href="http://s858.photobucket.com/user/z71gacowboy/media/A7617B23-CD6A-4D6C-87D7-92191A6E69B3.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/z71gacowboy/A7617B23-CD6A-4D6C-87D7-92191A6E69B3.jpeg</a>

I have not experienced that even without side plates. Not trying to infer anything about you by this but im bigger in the chest than waist and i opted for the S/M carrier so it would ride right above the navel and wrap around the ribcage.

It would bunch up if your carrier is too low without a doubt, add a spare tire to the situation and it can compound the issue. Cant wait for the new carrier with side plates to come in to try the difference and dedicate this one to cardio around the property.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#46]
If you havent recieved your email guys, skd is pushing second shipment back another month.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone done side plates or soft armor inserts with the SOHPC? Pleased?

I'd been eyeing the PIG before but the price on this deal is too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'd been eyeing the PIG before but the price on this deal is too good to pass up.
View Quote

In for the answer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got the side plates on the last gb. They fit the pocket well and one I got the vest adjusted to me they fit pretty comfortably. I'll add some padding to them or soft armor inserts to pad my ribs a little if I need to roll around in it.

Eta pic.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top