Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2012 2:00:12 PM EDT
I  was just about to pull the trigger on a Draco, I plan to SBR it and I was wondering which models had the rear trunion for the underfolder in them? IIRC it was the Draco C but it seems not all Draco C's have them. If I don;t find a model with the Trunion already installed how much more work would it be for a smith to install one? Is it worth the extra cost to find one with the trunion in it? Also any pics of SBR'd Draco's with underfolders and any other stocks would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I  was just about to pull the trigger on a Draco, I plan to SBR it and I was wondering which models had the rear trunion for the underfolder in them? IIRC it was the Draco C but it seems not all Draco C's have them. If I don;t find a model with the Trunion already installed how much more work would it be for a smith to install one? Is it worth the extra cost to find one with the trunion in it? Also any pics of SBR'd Draco's with underfolders and any other stocks would be appreciated.

You are correct. I thought all Draco model Cs had the underfolder trunion, but as I recently found out, they do not. I have a "C" model and mine doesn't have the underfolder trunion installed. Would have been nice to have it, but I plan on a side folder so it isn't that big of a deal. It just goes to further prove that these guns are made from whatever is on the shelf during manufacturing, instead of some type of blueprinted parts list.

I was going to make a thread about this, so I'm glad you addressed it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct. I thought all Draco model Cs had the underfolder trunion, but as I recently found out, they do not. I have a "C" model and mine doesn't have the underfolder trunion installed. Would have been nice to have it, but I plan on a side folder so it isn't that big of a deal. It just goes to further prove that these guns are made from whatever is on the shelf during manufacturing, instead of some type of blueprinted parts list.

I was going to make a thread about this, so I'm glad you addressed it.

Thanks for the reply I would hate to waste the xtra money on a Draco C just to find out it is no differant from any other Draco....the one I saw the seriel number on the box started 1985
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad I stumbled across this conversation, this is the first I have heard of since the Dracos came up for sale. I will post this information in the "Prices/Availability" thread tacked at the top of our Pistol section as a disclaimer regarding the "C" model. This must be a recent lot that arrived since this is the first one of it's kind to appear on here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics??
Of an SBR Draco C??
O.K.!

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Just finished this one up after waiting five and a half months for the stamp.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Guys, I have the same question as the OP.
If I bought a Draco, where would I get a triunion to convert it to an underfolding stock?
Thank You.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I bought a Draco, where would I get a triunion to convert it to an underfolding stock?
Thank You.

There is a guy who has a gun business on gunbroker.com and he sells the entire Romy UF kit for a good price and it includes the RT.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank You.

Some of them already have the underfolder rear trunnion in them.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top