Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2012 7:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PreemptiveStrike]
Due to a recent thread about people actually using their AK cleaning kits it was obvious by some posts that not everybody knows all of the features that an AK cleaning kit provides, myself included. I came across a couple of excellent videos that explain what all the features are and how to use them.

I am not the creator of the videos and all of the credit for their creation goes to him. MrAk47master did an outstanding job IMO.

Please do not post in this thread unless you have some pertinent information to share. This thread will be tacked in the "important threads" links at the top of the AK discussions page for future reference to everybody so lets keep it from getting too cluttered.

The original thread can be seen here
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, how about that. Thanks! i was just handling a cleaning kit today, never even thought about those slots and stuff being useful.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the features of the '74 cleaning kit different?
I have an SGL21, which uses the same kit as an SGL31, and it doesn't have the bore guide on the cap and it lacks a couple holes in the kit holder.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My guess is the kit in the videos is a premium, or AKM kit. Seems the newer kits don't have all the bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
learned a few new things! THX!

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool, learned a few things.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome I learned a lot.  This should be a stickie.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stizout:
Awesome I learned a lot.  This should be a stickie.

Huge +1

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Great Vids, Thanks Pree!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Is he a member here?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top