Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2015 10:49:35 PM EDT
I'm having a problem with the hammer not locking back after discharging a round. It is a brand new build. This was the first time firing it. It looks to me like i need to replace the trigger assembly, but if anyone has ideas for something to fix this without buying a new trigger assembly my ears are open.

What happens: round fires, bolt cycles and loads a new round. The trigger now has too much play. I eject the loaded round, the primer has been tapped by the firing pin but not hard enough to set it off. That round is safely set aside. Manually cycle the bolt, fire a round. Same result, bolt cycles but there is too much play in the trigger, fresh round now has the same indent on the primer. The conclusion i came to is that the hammer isnt locking itself down during the bolt cycling.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm having a problem with the hammer not locking back after discharging a round. It is a brand new build. This was the first time firing it. It looks to me like i need to replace the trigger assembly, but if anyone has ideas for something to fix this without buying a new trigger assembly my ears are open.

What happens: round fires, bolt cycles and loads a new round. The trigger now has too much play. I eject the loaded round, the primer has been tapped by the firing pin but not hard enough to set it off. That round is safely set aside. Manually cycle the bolt, fire a round. Same result, bolt cycles but there is too much play in the trigger, fresh round now has the same indent on the primer. The conclusion i came to is that the hammer isnt locking itself down during the bolt cycling.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
View Quote
Can we get pictures of how the trigger springs are set up?

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
If the hammer wasnt locking back, you would have a "run away" I would suspect. Like mentioned, I bet you have the springs in wrong.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#3]
New build? Any leftover parts?

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Based on what you provided here, i may have missed a spring. The parts kits i have came with extra springs so i'll take a look and see if the one i need is in there. I'll update if i did in fact miss installing that spring and get it out to shoot again. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
THIS THREAD NEEDS A STICKY AT THE TOP OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome info for the noobs and us old farts that forget things.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS THREAD NEEDS A STICKY AT THE TOP OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome info for the noobs and us old farts that forget things.

You mean like the one we already have???

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/241858_New_Trigger_and_hammer_pins_walking_out__Why_my_rifle_is_not_igniting_the_primer_.html
It is like you read minds Braa.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top