Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:09:22 PM EDT
Knight’s Armament Micro-Aimpoint Mount

ARMS, GG&G and LaRue mounts for comparison.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Knights. Any chance you could weigh them? Are they something you can actually buy, or do you have to sell your soul to get one like the majority of their hardware?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you know the height of the KAC mount? I'd prefer an absolute cowitness.

The GG&G mount is nice because it provides for flip-up caps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice pics as always

Do you find the long lever catching on gear and clothing?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like the Knights. Any chance you could weigh them? Are they something you can actually buy, or do you have to sell your soul to get one like the majority of their hardware?

The T1 in the KAC mount weighs 5.9 ounces.  I purchased mine directly from KAC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you know the height of the KAC mount? I'd prefer an absolute cowitness.

The GG&G mount is nice because it provides for flip-up caps.

The KAC mount can be used with no spacers, one spacer or two spacers.  I have mine set-up with one spacer and by my measurements it gives a near perfect 2.6" absolute co-witness.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice pics as always

Do you find the long lever catching on gear and clothing?

That is a concern; I'll know better after I've used it more.  The locking lever itself is also a concern as it appears to be  "less than robust."

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I really don't like the lever being so long.. That was my only negative thing about it.  

Too bad they were not able to keep the prototype design.. that looked a lot cooler.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it, but the only thing I don't like about it is it's lever.. it's so long.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My initial impressions are positive so far. Haven't done any formal training yet though. The mount is on my "trunk" rifle, it gets bounced around; hasn't snagged against anything so far. Took it off once and it did return to zero. I have mine set up with 2 spacers and, while I can't make direct comparison, I think it is lower than tall LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have mine set up with 2 spacers and, while I can't make direct comparison, I think it is lower than tall LaRue mount.

KAC documentation indicates that using two spacers places the center of the sight 2.725" above the bore line.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top