Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2013 7:55:42 AM EDT
Interesting. They say BATFE is OK with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqy73wE5Eo

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Make it hot for you....

Red

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool......I'll order 2, for dual wielding, maximizing the efficiency of my neighborhood patrol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm... Interesting, perhaps an AR pistol will remake the wish list. Now I kind of wish I would have kept mine years ago.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Link to Product:

http://sigsauer.com/SigStore/sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-552.aspx

I guess theoretically it's not designed to be shot from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]

***EDIT***

Alex Bosco AKA SB15@Calguns had an archived thread on here:

So I did some GOOGLE'n

Found this over at Calguns Posted by an SB15 (Coincidence that this is the SB15 by Sig? I'm thinking not)

*THESE ARE NOT MY PHOTOS - THEY ARE FROM SB15 @ CALGUNS.NET*

Link to the CALGUNS thread for those with a Login: CALGUNS THREAD

SB15 States:

"I've gotten approval for this from the ATF and Exile Machine started a thread about this before. Could those of you familiar with CA law comment about the federal status of this acceptance and how it may or may not be accepted at a CA state level? I've developed it for those with limited mobility or some form of handicap. If you remember, the Federal Government defines a pistol as a weapon designed to be fired with one hand."

SB15- "And the photos the ATF FTB took to at their offices for the record:"

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe it is a member here making them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Other than as a range toy difficult to see any practical purpose for this.  But nice that BATFE is OK with it I guess.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Other than as a range toy it's difficult to see any practical purpose for an AR pistol. But it's nice that BATFE is OK with them I guess.

Quoted:

Other than as a range toy difficult to see any practical purpose for this.  But nice that BATFE is OK with it I guess.

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe it was originally designed to help veterans that were handicapped gain more control of their rifle or pistol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I believe it was originally designed to help veterans that were handicapped gain more control of their rifle or pistol.

I believe you are correct. Which is probably why Sig is sending some of the proceeds to HonoredVeterans.org
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]
RMVD
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They didn't steal it from me....hope you guys like it.

I'm very glad that worked out for you
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks...but I've gotta stay off these forums.  Some of the comments can be brutal...and I'm not as thick skinned as I thought!
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't let a jealous or short-sighted few get you down.

You did this for a good cause and reaped some reward.

Others can prod you all they want when they design something picked up by a world renown manufacturer.

Congrats man.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Good on ya Alex. Glade it's working out for you. (and Sig didn't steal it.)

Link Posted: 4/29/2013 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They didn't steal it from me....hope you guys like it.

Good for you!  I'm glad to hear an inventor getting compensated for his creativity instead of ripped off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#17]
removed
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#18]

It's interesting, and a great solution for disabled folk, but I just can't get over that the ATF let that pass and not be an SBR. But hey, good on you and I'm glad you profited off of your invention.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#19]
It's soft rubber..the same used to make prosthetics.  Much softer than a buffer tube...so basically the buffer tube would make a much better stock if that is your intention.  My intention was to give those with some kind of handicap the ability to fire this weapon the way it is defined and intended to be fired...with one hand...but...it does help anyone fire better from the one handed position.  My favorite gun to hunt with is the TC contender pistol in .308.  I'll swear by that gun and I'm not lugging around a full size hunting rifle.  That's another gun I'd love to develop the SB for and what I am presently working on.  Most of my friends dont understand my love for pistol hunting...but they are starting to understand it now. ;-)  As for those who don't understand how or why ATF approved it, I'd read the approval letter.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's soft rubber..the same used to make prosthetics.  Much softer than a buffer tube...so basically the buffer tube would make a much better stock if that is your intention.  My intention was to give those with some kind of handicap the ability to fire this weapon the way it is defined and intended to be fired...with one hand...but...it does help anyone fire better from the one handed position.  My favorite gun to hunt with is the TC contender pistol in .308.  I'll swear by that gun and I'm not lugging around a full size hunting rifle.  That's another gun I'd love to develop the SB for and what I am presently working on.  Most of my friends dont understand my love for pistol hunting...but they are starting to understand it now. ;-)  As for those who don't understand how or why ATF approved it, I'd read the approval letter.  

Thanks

It's made of soft rubber, that makes a lot more sense. I think the thing for me was what appeared to be a cheek rest on the stock. Don't get me wrong man, I'm not bagging on your design, I like it to be honest, but I am just surprised the ATF gave you the go ahead, pleasantly surprised, but still surprised.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]
removed
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks...but I've gotta stay off these forums.  Some of the comments can be brutal...and I'm not as thick skinned as I thought!

You did good! Awesome. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Stay. And gloat.

ETA: I'm ordering one as soon as they hit retail. Will they work with the ACE pistol buffer, or do they need carbine or rifle length or...?
Link Posted: 5/7/2013 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Very interesting concept. Does seem to make the pistol a little more handy.

Look forward to seeing some range reports on its performance.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top