BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 3/18/2008 10:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmaLite]
How 'bout some pics of your 180Bravo? I've got one on the way and would love to see what's out there.

Thanks!

Hep
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GI_Brat] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By GI_Brat:
Nothing fancy
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=586

That's why I bought one, lean and mean. The only fancy item was THE RAIL FOUND HERE. I'm going to top it with an EoTech. Maybe a good medium range scope.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What are they going for these days I was under the Impression the cost to much for what they are
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
What are they going for these days I was under the Impression the cost to much for what they are

I found one NIB for $550.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine. I have the Armalite scope mount for it, but haven't found a scope I want to put in it or that fits.

Let me hear your recommendations.

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#6]

Originally Posted By qualityhardware:
Here's mine. I have the Armalite scope mount for it, but haven't found a scope I want to put in it or that fits.

Let me hear your recommendations.

I'm thinking EoTech....mainly because I have a spare. Hell, how about using the LaRue scope mount to get a decent piece of glass on there. I have BIG PLANS for the aftermarket rail I just bought.

LaRue scope mount

BTW, here's a pic from the maker of the rail:

Thoughts?

Maybe I'll really piss some people off and mount my Leupold CQ/T!

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the rail a lot. May have to look into one of those so I can mount an ACOG or something fun like that on it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of accuracy are you getting?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#9]

Originally Posted By qualityhardware:
I like the rail a lot. May have to look into one of those so I can mount an ACOG or something fun like that on it.

In case you missed it...THE RAIL CAN BE FOUND HERE.....and for the record (whatever that means ) I don't know the guy who makes them...I just have one and it's well made.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#10]

What kind of accuracy are you getting?

I'm firing .25 inch groups at 600 hundred yards, freestanding and blindfolded and.......

Actually, it's still on the way from a dealer. I picked one up for $552 shipped. I bought the rail about a week ago and just got it. All kidding aside, I posted the thread to get a sense of what fellow AR180B owners have done with their weapons.

Has anyone tried mounting a Vert grip? Or a light? I plan on keeping it very simply, but I was curious if anyone has tried.

Hep
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Keepin it simple is what the 180B is about, so here's what I 've got.

Some of you have seen this before. Millet 30MM Red-dot on Josh Miller's mount with FAL PARA tactical sling and plenty of twenty rounders.

-LeadPumper
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By LeadPumper:
Keepin it simple is what the 180B is about, so here's what I 've got.

Some of you have seen this before. Millet 30MM Red-dot on Josh Miller's mount with FAL PARA tactical sling and plenty of twenty rounders.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/jgelner/Other/AR180B.jpg

-LeadPumper

Are the 20's out of affection? Or is there a practical reason?

Very nice BTW. That's what I want to do, keep it simple. The rail is as fance as I'm going.

....well, maybe a SMALL tac light.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody know about what accuracy level?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Check out this REPORT FROM CRUFFLER It gives the history as well as a good all around assessment.

Here's a blurb from the above page that talks about accuracy.

2 MOA is good enough to defend yourself. Sure, you won't shoot the thorns off a rose at 200 yards, but you'll sure as hell hit center mass.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By GI_Brat:

Not sure about others, but mine isn't that accurate. I'd compare it to the Mini-14 as far as accuracy.

What kind of groups are you shooting?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Picked it up this evening!  

Hep
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Do these have chrome-lined barrels?  Is Armalite shipping them with folding stocks and flash hiders yet?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndrewB] [#19]

Just for you Larry.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and just to stay on topic, heres my AR-180B (minus the VOMZ 4x32 and ArmaLite mount):

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice rifle AndrewB! they look so much better with the flash suppressor. Did you find it shoots a little tighter after the crowning and threading? My group size got smaller by about 1/2 inch after crowning and threading.  Lets see a pic with that russian scope on her
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#22]
Did you make the bayonet lug or buy it from Armalite?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By Urban_Ops:
Did you make the bayonet lug or buy it from Armalite?

Welcome back Mr. Kotter!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I will try to get some 180Bravo action pics this weekend. We are having a combat rifle side match after the IDPA league. CQB style shooting is great!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISED8U] [#25]

Originally Posted By AndrewB:
Oh, and just to stay on topic, heres my AR-180B (minus the VOMZ 4x32 and ArmaLite mount):

img163.echo.cx/img163/8378/p10101002aw.jpg</a>

img163.echo.cx/img163/5822/p10101020dt.jpg</a>

Damn I've gotta get my 180 threaded for a supressor!!  Your rifle looks good with the supressor and bayonette.  I'm still waiting on Armalite to manufacture the bayo adapter for the 180b.  There supposed to be done "some time this summer."  I think I'll continue to breathe while waiting. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#26]
The bayo lug on my rifle is a prototype made by ArmaLite. It was included for free, along with the threaded barrel and flash suppressor, as a gift of goodwill since I had had issues with my rifle. I was told by my ArmaLite contact, who is apparently no longer with the company, that I shouldn't reveal the bayo lug until after the SHOT show.

Urban_Ops:

Yeah, I did notice an increase in accuracy. My accuracy averages about 1.5MOA with XM193. I once even shot a 1" group with Wolf at 100yrd with irons (much to the dismay of the gentleman with the scoped .308 hunting rifle, who was printing 4" groups at that distance ).

Pic with scope coming soon.

I've really come to like that Russian scope. It's kinda big and heavy compared with a 'tactical' 4x scope, but it holds zero, has an illuminated dragunov-type reticle, and only set me back about $100.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I used my 180B in the rifle side match of our IDPA meet over the weekend. Here is one of the video clips.

trigger time on the 180B

Here are more pics and vids of the weekend

stormwerkz.com/shooting.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 3:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndrewB] [#28]
Cool! Looks like fun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#29]
The  AR180 scope mounts by Josh at Storm Werkz --does anyone know if these are still being made and sold?  I've e-mailed the web site, but no answer yet.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#30]
The  AR180 scope mounts by Josh at Storm Werkz --does anyone know if these are still being made and sold?  I've e-mailed the web site, but no answer yet.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 2:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#31]

Originally Posted By bill1962:

FYI - Josh@Storm Werkz = Arfcommer Urban_Ops

Odds are he'll see your post and get back to ya.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I am shipping several mounts a week, They are in stock and ready to go. Just make sure we see some pics of your setup! After all this is a pic thread and not EE. Thanks.
Josh
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I want to thank you guys for posting a lot of this information and some great photos of your rifles.    

I am in the process of considering an AR-180B because I have come upon some money and am in the market for a rifle.  I have a Colt AR-15 HBAR and I love the rifle but I realize that with the gas system that's in place, there is a high degree of fouling that has caused a few problems for me (nothing that would break my love for the rifle - it shoots a lot better than I can).  

Since there are some people here who do own the rifle and as I can see, like the rifle quite a bit, I would like to ask some questions that could help me with my decision on this rifle or a different rifle:

1.  The Optic Mount looks pretty bad but it appears that there is a solution to this.  Are the after-market optic mounts reliable/good?

2.  Does anyone know if Armalite is considering an AR-180C that would have Post-Ban friendly features?  Do you know for certain is a better question - meaning should I hold off for an AR-180C?

3.  Does the fact the rifle is rather light (with a poly reciever) increase the recoil for the rifle? (not that a .223 is going to have that much recoil)?

4.  I saw one accuracy report for the rifle.  Does anyone else have a report on accuracy?  I don't expect the rifle to be on the level of an HBAR but I would like to know that it's an accurate rifle.  

5.  I see some mention of the lack of a dust cover by some people.  Has ANYONE had an issue to the point where a lack of a dust cover caused problems with the rifle?  

I am really thinking about one of these rifles - I'm not even deterred about the lack of a folding stock because it is obvious that this can be "remedied."  Any feedback from people who own the rifle would be really appreciated.  

Thanks again and let's keep this thread going!  
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 9:04:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#34]

Originally Posted By efaust93:
I want to thank you guys for posting a lot of this information and some great photos of your rifles.    

I am in the process of considering an AR-180B because I have come upon some money and am in the market for a rifle.  I have a Colt AR-15 HBAR and I love the rifle but I realize that with the gas system that's in place, there is a high degree of fouling that has caused a few problems for me (nothing that would break my love for the rifle - it shoots a lot better than I can).  

Since there are some people here who do own the rifle and as I can see, like the rifle quite a bit, I would like to ask some questions that could help me with my decision on this rifle or a different rifle:

RESPONSES IN BLUE

1.  The Optic Mount looks pretty bad but it appears that there is a solution to this.  Are the after-market optic mounts reliable/good?

The optic mount is actually clever in function...but far too propritary. The Urban Ops rail is just the ticket for max flexibility.

2.  Does anyone know if Armalite is considering an AR-180C that would have Post-Ban friendly features?  Do you know for certain is a better question - meaning should I hold off for an AR-180C?

Yeah. There's a pic from the last SHOT show were they introduced a "flat top" (built in rail) and I believe Mil-Flash Hider. Scroll back a few pages...anyone recall the details -OR- have an update?????

3.  Does the fact the rifle is rather light (with a poly reciever) increase the recoil for the rifle? (not that a .223 is going to have that much recoil)?

Dare I say not for most...

4.  I saw one accuracy report for the rifle.  Does anyone else have a report on accuracy?  I don't expect the rifle to be on the level of an HBAR but I would like to know that it's an accurate rifle.  

Here's a post of mine from page one of this very thread:

Check out this REPORT FROM CRUFFLER It gives the history as well as a good all around assessment.

Here's a blurb from the above page that talks about accuracy.

2 MOA is good enough to defend yourself. Sure, you won't shoot the thorns off a rose at 200 yards, but you'll sure as hell hit center mass.

5.  I see some mention of the lack of a dust cover by some people.  Has ANYONE had an issue to the point where a lack of a dust cover caused problems with the rifle?

Just a potential weak point to keep in mind. I believe that someone did a dirt/mud test experiment and posted the results in this thread...anyone????  

I am really thinking about one of these rifles - I'm not even deterred about the lack of a folding stock because it is obvious that this can be "remedied."  Any feedback from people who own the rifle would be really appreciated.  

Can't beat the price.

Thanks again and let's keep this thread going!
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Hepcat, Thanks for the quick response.  I'll probably be buying today (if they still have the rifle).  

I think the lack of a dust-cover won't bother me too much.  I've had my AR-15 out at the range and have never had an issue related to dust or dirt (mostly neglegent cleaning causes me problems with the AR-15).  

I think this will be a good rifle to make "Tactical" with a folding stock and a nice optic.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Wake up people! Lets see some pics!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 9:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#37]

Link Posted: 7/1/2005 2:26:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#38]

Originally Posted By Urban_Ops:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/Ar-180B%20Stock%20Adapter%20Type%202/DSCF0004.jpg

I just put a Reflex on my 180B! Weird....

How do you like it UO? I like it....as long as I've got the p-filter on....
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I have Trijicon Reflexes on my Armalite Ar-180's and my M4,  I really like them and have the polarizing filter on each of them. They are pretty quick and no batteries is a BIG plus. I have the 4 moa dots.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Lets go slackers! More pics!!!

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#41]
For those looking to make a port door cover, here is a pic of an older 180's port door/dust cover:

Doesn't look like it would be too hard to fab out of some thin sheet metal and use a dust cover from an AR15 for the locking clip and hinge/spring.  Does have a cut in the bolt where the cover catch resides that would probably take a mill or a fancy dremel job with a carbide cutter.  At any rate look and enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Daubs:
For those looking to make a port door cover, here is a pic of an older 180's port door/dust cover:

nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/038480000/38480491/pix829287610.jpg

Doesn't look like it would be too hard to fab out of some thin sheet metal and use a dust cover from an AR15 for the locking clip and hinge/spring.  Does have a cut in the bolt where the cover catch resides that would probably take a mill or a fancy dremel job with a carbide cutter.  At any rate look and enjoy.

You heard the man....somebody get fabricating! Where's the A-Team when you need them!
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#43]
<Yaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn>

Sorry, I was dozing off here. C'mon fellas! Post something180B related!
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 1:27:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: modifiedbrowning] [#44]
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By modifiedbrowning:
img478.imageshack.us/img478/5463/ar180shortysmall3yc.png

Interesting.....

What are the details?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LARRYG] [#46]

Originally Posted By hepcat85:

img478.imageshack.us/img478/5463/ar180shortysmall3yc.png

Interesting.....

What are the details?

It's not mine, but it is an original, possibly even an AR18 (select fire 180) judging by where the selector switch is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 1:23:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: modifiedbrowning] [#47]
I don't remember where I got that picture from. I believe it was a one of a kind prototype.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#48]

I don't remember where I got that picture from. I believe it was a one of a kind prototype.

Could that be one of the AR180S models with the short barrel?
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#49]
If you want one Pete Fleis does the conversions.
Pete Fleis' home page
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like that's the same rifle.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top