Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
if thats with a scope  get your money back....... you shoud  get 1 MOA at 100 yards  with  A2 open sights.. with a scope  I can put rounds in the same holes @100 M   and 1MOA at 300 M

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1483386_THE_ARFCOM_1_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG_CHALLENGE.html&page=6&anc=40546051#i40546051

Here you go, sharpshooter.  Now stop crapping up this thread.

Everyone else, move on.

Awesome.  I was looking for that thread when I got called to work last night
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
if thats with a scope  get your money back....... you shoud  get 1 MOA at 100 yards  with  A2 open sights.. with a scope  I can put rounds in the same holes @100 M   and 1MOA at 300 M

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1483386_THE_ARFCOM_1_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG_CHALLENGE.html&page=6&anc=40546051#i40546051

Here you go, sharpshooter.  Now stop crapping up this thread.

Everyone else, move on.

Awesome.  I was looking for that thread when I got called to work last night

My plans are to get out to the range on Friday so, hopefully all goes as planned and I can enter my submission for this challenge. Definitely will not be as good as what's in the lead currently but, I'm going to have fun trying regardless..
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

And nothing happened.  No one being stupid, no kids on the range, ammo at semi reasonable prices.

I turned out this,  just looking for some feedback, no friends, so I rely on you guys.  Anyway take a peek.

Shoot, if you're anywhere near NW Ohio, I'll be your friend

I think with all things considered, you did well.

Get that scope mounted properly, and get back out there and practice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No real problem with the grip pods they just aren't a good bipod or a good grip.  No adjustability and too large for a grip.    Best of both worlds though.

I love my Grip-Pod. I know a lot of people rag on them, but it's a solid accessory IMHO. Yes they are big, but I have huge hands to it fits me well. And, it comes in handy when hunting whistle pigs with my carbine :)

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bullshit. I'm calling you out Sir.

OP, don't listen to people like this.

ETA: LMAO, looks like eric802 beat me to it!

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit. I'm calling you out Sir.    

OP, don't listen to people like this.

ETA: LMAO, looks like eric802 beat me to it!

Yea definitely want to see some proof here too... I am wondering if katrina24 has ever been on a 300 yard range.  I want unbroken video with proof of a clean target, the shooting, and the measurement of the group.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
In an effort to introduce a dose of reality into this thread - we seem to have jumped off the tracks at some point - I shot in a highpower practice match last evening.

My club runs a Wednesday evening Highpower League, which amounts to a full 80-round across-the-course match, but they divide it over two consecutive Wednesdays.

The fist Wednesday we shoot "short range", which is 200 yard offhand (standing) slow fire (2 sighters plus 20 rounds for score in 22 minutes), then 200 yard sitting rapid fire (2 sighters, plus 2 strings of 10-rounds each with a reload after the first two rounds, with the 2 10-round strings for record shot in 60 seconds).

The second Wednesday we shoot "medium range", which is 300 yard rapid fire prone (same course as the 200 sitting rapid except you get 70 seconds to do it), then go back to 600 yards for slowfire prone (same course of fire as 200 yard offhand except that you get 25 minutes to shoot the 2 sighters then 20-rounds for record).

Last night, shooting the short range course, we use the "SR" target.  This target has an aiming black that consists of a 3" X-Ring, a 7" 10-Ring, and a 13" 9-Ring.

My first 10-round string I scored a 95, which means that I shot one X, four 10's, four 9's, and dropped one shot into the 8-ring (The 8-Ring is 19" in diameter.).  The second string I shot a 96, which was one X, five 10's, and four 9's.

So, my second string of 10-rounds, shot in 60 seconds (plenty of time, BTW) with a reload after the first two rounds, was inside the 13" 9-Ring.  We then did a relay change, which means that my relay went to the pits to pull and score targets, so I was able to observe my bullet holes in the target, and the 9-Ring hits were all comfortably inside the 9-Ring.  In other words, none of the shots were cutting the 8/9 line, which would, under the rules, would be scored as a 9.  So I'm going to estimate (didn't have time to measure, as we had to clean up the target for the second relay to shoot) that all ten shots were into a 12" circle.  At 200 yards, that amounts to 6 MOA.

I'm a 60-year old nearsighted fat guy.  I'll take 6 MOA rapid fire all day.

BTW, I won't talk about my offhand, other than to say it looked more like a pattern than a group.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top