User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a problem with LE unions being useful idiots and backing these laws, the payoff for their support being an exemption.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My opinion has always been that if it goes to an ffl what happens after that is not my problem.

Others will say why assist a ban state cop in buying a playtoy gun when he's enforcing unconstitutional laws against others?

If you are in some way uncomfortable it's not worth the trouble and just forget about it.

Since cops don't write the laws, and are sworn to enforce the laws that exist, I have little problem with it. I have a serious problem with the legislature that passed the law and the governor who signed it.

I have a problem with LE unions being useful idiots and backing these laws, the payoff for their support being an exemption.

The exemption was basically an accident by ignorant anti-gun legislators. It ended up being much more broad than they expected.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Active duty military police are not police. They have extremely limited powers and he is not exempt from the ban. You should report him to his chain of command.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm thinking about selling my HK MR762A1, but unfortunately, the buyer is in CT state... home of nasty AWB.
The buyer told me that he's a active duty military police and can purchase any "assault" firearms & "normal" capacity magazines as if he's in any other "free" state.
He further stated that he could send me a copy of the statute and I could also verify it with his FFL if needed.

I thought only official duty weapon is allowed to purchase even for active duty military and a letter is often issued by Commissioner prior to possession.  
The buyer told me that no such letter is needed.

I'm not familiar with crazy CT state gun laws and not sure what to do.
Should I tell him adios~ or is it legal to sell and ship it to his FFL?

Active duty military police are not police. They have extremely limited powers and he is not exempt from the ban. You should report him to his chain of command.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Active duty military police" in CT?

There's only New London (USN sub base) and 3 USCG facilities (including the USCG Academy) in CT.  "Military police" are Army = the only "active duty" Army in CT would have to be someone that was either assigned to New London for some reason or AGR (Active Guard / Reserve - a very small number of NG and USAR full-time, mostly admin people).  Military can possess "assault weapons" as part of their official duties - but an "active duty military police" isn't going to be authorized to carry a privately owned weapon as part of his official duties.

I see people think there is a blanket exemption for any sort of military in CT.

As Aimless says, what happens after it gets to the FFL is not your concern.

View Quote

Any active or reserve (Connecticut) state or federal military personnel count. That includes Army National Guard, Air National Guard, Army Reserves, Marine Reserves, Navy Reserves, Governors Foot Guard, Governor's Horse Guard, and who knows what else We have plenty of all of those in Connecticut. There are also active duty members of various branches in Connecticut on orders- e.g. recruiters. There are also people from various branches in Connecticut temporarily (we had a member of ARFCOM who had TDY orders to attend classes at Yale University, for example) . There are also various military personnel with TDY orders to Connecticut  related to the defense industry.

There is currently a blanket military exemption in CT right now, much more broad than the exemption under the old law.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not so legal to copy a CAC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes all is true. i would make sure the buyer includes his military id when buying

Not so legal to copy a CAC.

I knew the CAC was not supposed to be copied. Does that prohibition apply to the green/pink ID card as well?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do what you want bro, I'm living here, as are a number of guys who posted here and we're telling you how things are. Your guns are fine and perfectly legal, and you'll still be able to buy whatever you want while you are stationed here. Welcome to CT, enjoy the high taxes and tyranny.

If you have any specific questions, post in the CT HTF, all the "Fuck CT" stuff is not allowed in there and you'll get more actual answers than internet tough guys.
View Quote

I appreciate the help. I like to read things for myself, since I'm the one responsible vs relying on what others say. I've been burned before, nothing legally, but procedurally at work. Ask 10 people the law and you'll get 10 different answers, as evidenced by this thread. It gets  worse when it comes to guns and even worse mentioning NFA stuff. So I'm not doubting what you're saying, I just want to verify it myself.

"Trust but verify"

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't read the whole thread yes but you are GTG with shipping it to CT. For the smoothest transaction I recommend Delta Arsenal in Wallingford.

I don't agree with having a more equal class,but it is legal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell him to produce one of these Active Duty Military Assault Weapon Permit or tell him "Sorry". Too much risk for entrapment.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have gotten denied a sale of a preban from an Arfcommer on the EE in the past. It sucked. He said "I'm not dealing with the hassle"

Really? What hassle?

Step 1: Get paid.

Step 2: Ship firearm.

Step 3: There is no step 3! Your fucking done already.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tell him to produce one of these Active Duty Military Assault Weapon Permit or tell him "Sorry". Too much risk for entrapment.
View Quote

That's a California thing. Connecticut doesn't require that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's gay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm thinking about selling my HK MR762A1, but unfortunately, the buyer is in CT state... home of nasty AWB.
The buyer told me that he's a active duty military police and can purchase any "assault" firearms & "normal" capacity magazines as if he's in any other "free" state.
He further stated that he could send me a copy of the statute and I could also verify it with his FFL if needed.

I thought only official duty weapon is allowed to purchase even for active duty military and a letter is often issued by Commissioner prior to possession.  

He is exempt and can buy what he wants. He doesn't have to be a police officer, and it doesn't matter what his powers are. The law says he's exempt because he's military. Even if he's buying the gun for personal use only and plans to store it in his house and never use it for work purposes, he's still exempt.

If you're police, military, DMV inspector, etc in CT you have different rights as a citizen than everyone else. That's just how it works.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He is exempt and can buy what he wants. He doesn't have to be a police officer, and it doesn't matter what his powers are. The law says he's exempt because he's military. Even if he's buying the gun for personal use only and plans to store it in his house and never use it for work purposes, he's still exempt.

If you're police, military, DMV inspector, etc in CT you have different rights as a citizen than everyone else. That's just how it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

beyond stupid
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#14]
What the fuck did I just read.  Unless you know what your talking about in this type of thread, law wise, keep your mouth shut.  No reason to spread rumors what you "think" the law is.  It misguides people from wondering the same thing in the future when they Google search it. Then they have to wade through the muddy waters of this thread to filter out the bullshit.
Yes, this is GD but this type of thread should have weeded out the bullshitters.

Ask for him to verify he is AD, tell him to find an FFL within a couple of days that will transfer it, (delta arsenal in Wallingford) Sell him the gun.  Get paid, jerk off on the money if you want. Everyone is happy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

beyond stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

beyond stupid

It only applies to salary DMV inspectors, who are sworn LEOs that  perform a highway patrol function.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't sell it to him. He should have to abide by the laws they would enforce.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Military Police have no special privileges, don't carry their issued weapons off duty, have no authority off duty, can't keep a gun in the barracks...this guy is an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#18]
OMG...internet gun sales!

I'd be thinking this..........

Quoted:
Who cares if he can buy it or not.  Not your problem.  Get money, send to FFL, let FFL handle it.
View Quote

But actually, you could also call the FFL in CT and ask?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have gotten denied a sale of a preban from an Arfcommer on the EE in the past. It sucked. He said "I'm not dealing with the hassle"

Really? What hassle?

Step 1: Get paid.

Step 2: Ship firearm.

Step 3: There is no step 3! Your fucking done already.
View Quote

I can get it takes a little extra effort to make sure its legal, but holy shit - for all the molon labe/from my cold dead hands/face-shooting bullshit that goes on here there sure are a lot of guys that are too afraid to help a fellow shooter out within the bounds of the law.

Pansies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Military Police have no special privileges, don't carry their issued weapons off duty, have no authority off duty, can't keep a gun in the barracks...this guy is an idiot.
View Quote

how many people here have difficulty reading? MP's are exempt from the law here in ct
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes that's typically how it works most places, but not when it comes to CT state law on assault weapons and magazines. He really does have special privileges under state law due to being in the military.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't think some of these guys view us as brothers anymore. There is some schadenfreude in GD where people delight in the misfortune of gun owners in ban states, thinking they are eternally safe in some red state.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Do your homework, make sure it's legal, and help your brothers stuck behind enemy lines.  I sold a couple AKs to an active duty mil in CT after their ban and was happy to do it. I wasn't taking on any extra risk, and although it took a little extra time to make sure I was in the clear legally, I felt good about helping out another shooter and thumbing my nose at the idiots in the CT legislature.
I don't think some of these guys view us as brothers anymore. There is some schadenfreude in GD where people delight in the misfortune of gun owners in ban states, thinking they are eternally safe in some red state.  

I haven't seen that. I hate what they have done to you guys up there. But, I wouldn't send a gun to a ban state. I am not going to risk my freedom, money or record on my understanding of the minutia of your state's laws.

That said, I hate shipping guns period. It is a huge pain in the ass, it is expensive as hell, I worry about the gun getting stolen in transit and you get treated like a criminal at Fed Ex or the Post Office. If I want to trade or buy a gun, then I do it local.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What if it's an undercover ATF agent trying to entrap you.
View Quote

Not worth the risk
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I not understanding at all what the issue is tbh.

You're getting paid.  Send the rifle to his FFL.  It's their problem at that point, not yours.  The FFL can decide whether he's a prohibited person under CT law...you don't have to judge that.   @ the "ATF sting" bs.  Really?  What are they accusing you of?  Having a firearm delivered to a CT FFL?  There's no circumstance that I can think of where the FFL can't receive any non-NFA firearm.  Take the money, send the rifle to the FFL, and be done with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here's why, you are reading the original law, not the "fixed" one. After they banned everything they realized they forgot to ban .22 rifles, so they fixed it. The language in that act repeals and revises some of the original language with regards to exempt persons. That is where .mil folks got the blanket exemption somehow.

Go to page 3 and 4.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/ACT/pa/pdf/2013PA-00220-R00SB-01094-PA.pdf
View Quote

Page 3 refers to buying and possesing high capacity magazines.

Page 13 says I can buy an assault weapon, and page 15 says I can possess them due to exemptions on page 13.

This is honestly one of the most difficult pieces of gun laws ive ever read. its constantly referring to other sections and seems to repeat itself.

At least I don't have to lose my guns in a boating accident, but I won't be supporting the local economy by shooting or buying much.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

law enforcement doesn't write laws
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol...the classic "I'm a cop, the laws don't apply to me"

law enforcement doesn't write laws

And what does that have to do with the mindset?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#27]
This thread should be locked due to all the misinformed people of arf and the state of CT.
You can own an "AW" if the following circumstances are true
1: you can own and purchase if it was manufactured before sept 14 1994.
  a: referring to the lower, or receiver of the firearm
  b: NOT referring to old laws in which state it needs to be a complete firearm.
2: you registered the firearm under the new laws using the forms provided by the state, and completed forms and turned them in or certified mailed them before the cutoff date.
3: you can own and purchase if you are active duty military, law enforcement, or armed security at millstone( which is a nucular power plant)

And for the people that won't sell anything to us here, you no better than the gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This thread should be locked due to all the misinformed people of arf and the state of CT.
2: you registered the firearm under the new laws using the forms provided by the state, and completed forms and turned them in or certified mailed them before the cutoff date.
3: you can own and purchase if you are active duty military, law enforcement, or armed security at millstone( which is a nucular power plant)

And for the people that won't sell anything to us here, you no better than the gun grabbers.
View Quote

Absolutely
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]
If your not comfortable sending it there, don't.

Also not to derail, but, is there a reason most ban state members don't put their state in their profile? Just something I've noticed over the years.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also not to derail, but, is there a reason most ban state members don't put their state in their profile? Just something I've noticed over the years.
View Quote

We get dog piled for being from CT.

Some of us ain't skeerd
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Seems like we got a lot of Feds getting involved in state matters these days, depending on politics (google "Ferguson"). I have no intention of enrolling in Law School to try and figure it out. I don't have to. when I have a firearm to sell I can ALWAYS find a buyer who doesn't live in a place like CT.

In fact, I sold a handgun last fall. Deal went down in a parking lot. At night. Cash and a handshake. I forget the guy's name. Perfectly legal in Wyoming. Probably multiple felonies in CT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A federal agent enforcing a state law?

Seems like we got a lot of Feds getting involved in state matters these days, depending on politics (google "Ferguson"). I have no intention of enrolling in Law School to try and figure it out. I don't have to. when I have a firearm to sell I can ALWAYS find a buyer who doesn't live in a place like CT.

In fact, I sold a handgun last fall. Deal went down in a parking lot. At night. Cash and a handshake. I forget the guy's name. Perfectly legal in Wyoming. Probably multiple felonies in CT.

-mighta been me
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm a CT FFL. He's not lying. The way the law is written LEO an MIL can buy assault weapons. LEO needs a letter from the chief. MIL doesn't need anything.
View Quote
I must have missed a memo. WTF does assault weapon and MR762A1 have in common? Who is the cop going to be assaulting with it?

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Some of us ain't skeerd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of us ain't skeerd

just about.

most of us just dont want to argue anymore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah why people post threads like this to GD is mystifying. These kinds of threads always end up bringing out those who have zero clue about the minutia of the state law and occasionally (often) people who don't live in that state post wrong information. Want solid responses? Post to the state's home town thread.

The OP's question has been answered, the gun can be sold to that individual provided they are active duty military. The sale would have to comply with both federal firearm transfer laws in addition to CT stupid unconstitutional firearm laws.

Normally I'd say don't sell a gun to someone from the "exempted class" here in CT for the simple fact that there shouldn't be two sets of laws. One for government employees (or those paid by the government) and one for the peasants. But when it comes to selling guns manufactured prior to September 13 (aka "prebans"), 1994 by all means sell them to anyone you can in CT. The more AR's and AK's that we can get into the hands of the peasants here in CT the harder it will be for the state to try and take them away.

You are HELPING to do your part to give the big middle finger to anti rights progressive Democrats by selling a "preban" to a CT peasant.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that's as clear as mud.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Page 13 says I can buy an assault weapon, and page 15 says I can possess them due to exemptions on page 13.

This is honestly one of the most difficult pieces of gun laws ive ever read. its constantly referring to other sections and seems to repeat itself.

At least I don't have to lose my guns in a boating accident, but I won't be supporting the local economy by shooting or buying much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's why, you are reading the original law, not the "fixed" one. After they banned everything they realized they forgot to ban .22 rifles, so they fixed it. The language in that act repeals and revises some of the original language with regards to exempt persons. That is where .mil folks got the blanket exemption somehow.

Go to page 3 and 4.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/ACT/pa/pdf/2013PA-00220-R00SB-01094-PA.pdf

I had a look at this. All 49 pages. I have to agree with you that it is incomprehensible.
Particularly when compared to the laws regarding "assault weapons", magazines and such in my state, which are summarized below:
-buy what you want
-sell what you want
-however you want
-we're not interested in hearing about it
-federal laws apply
-have a nice day.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a great thread:

"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"
"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"

"Wait, you're reading the OLD law! You have to look at the NEW law!"
"It's right there on page 34!"
"No, no, you forgot the NEW new law, there's an exemption for retired dogcatchers north of Albany!"

Seriously, I moved away from the east so that I wouldn't have to deal with this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is a great thread:

"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"
"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"

"No, no, you forgot the NEW new law, there's an exemption for retired dogcatchers north of Albany!"

Seriously, I moved away from the east so that I wouldn't have to deal with this.
View Quote

every one from Connecticut who has posted in this thread understands the law and have posted everything is ok to sell. its the outsiders who dont have a clue
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I live in CT and wouldn't do it.
Make us suffer for not stopping the tyrant from passing these lame laws.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I live in CT and wouldn't do it.
Make us suffer for not stopping the tyrant from passing these lame laws.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it's a duty use exception; an MP is not using that rifle for work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My opinion has always been that if it goes to an ffl what happens after that is not my problem.

Others will say why assist a ban state cop in buying a playtoy gun when he's enforcing unconstitutional laws against others?

If you are in some way uncomfortable it's not worth the trouble and just forget about it.

Since cops don't write the laws, and are sworn to enforce the laws that exist, I have little problem with it. I have a serious problem with the legislature that passed the law and the governor who signed it.

I'm pretty sure it's a duty use exception; an MP is not using that rifle for work.

His CO, and his CO's CO would shit a brick if he did.

What Army installation is in CT, anyhow?  That's a USCG/Navy enclave to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not worth the risk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not worth the risk

What risk? Please explain
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not worth the risk

someone from CT just posted a link to a 49 page law that appears to govern these transactions. It is incomprehensible. I am not going to hire an attorney who practices this kind of law in CT to explain it to me. Neither will I make a decision based on the information on this forum. So I have no way of evaluating the risk, or lack thereof.

Here's what we keep saying: WE DON'T NEED TO!  We can buy and sell guns easily where we live.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

every one from Connecticut who has posted in this thread understands the law and have posted everything is ok to sell. its the outsiders who dont have a clue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a great thread:

"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"
"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"

And these guys are all attorneys? Who practice this kind of law in CT?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

someone from CT just posted a link to a 49 page law that appears to govern these transactions. It is incomprehensible. I am not going to hire an attorney who practices this kind of law in CT to explain it to me. Neither will I make a decision based on the information on this forum. So I have no way of evaluating the risk, or lack thereof.

Here's what we keep saying: WE DON'T NEED TO!  We can buy and sell guns easily where we live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not worth the risk

We'll.... It's fairly simple, call ffl, explain situation. If they agree to accept, it's done and not your problem - you get paid, firearm gets transferred, everyone is happier.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a great thread:

"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"
"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"

Your starting to derp! Please stop
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a great thread:

"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"
"Yes you can!"
"No you can't!"

One if they are so inclined can read the actual frigging statutes. Some of us have. Start with the following statutes as it relates to the OP's question. Most of the CT AWB statutes can be found at this link: CHAPTER 943 OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC PEACE AND SAFETY

In particular the following statutes apply to the OP's question.
Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definitions.
Sec. 53-202b. Sale or transfer of assault weapon prohibited. Exemptions. Olympic pistols. Regulations. Class C felony.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:

(1) The sale of assault weapons to: (A) The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, police departments, the Department of Correction, the Division of Criminal Justice, the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States; (B) a sworn and duly certified member of an organized police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection or the Department of Correction, a chief inspector or inspector in the Division of Criminal Justice, a salaried inspector of motor vehicles designated by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, a conservation officer or special conservation officer appointed by the Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection pursuant to section 26-5, or a constable who is certified by the Police Officer Standards and Training Council and appointed by the chief executive authority of a town, city or borough to perform criminal law enforcement duties, pursuant to a letter on the letterhead of such department, division, commissioner or authority authorizing the purchase and stating that the sworn member, inspector, officer or constable will use the assault weapon in the discharge of official duties, and that a records check indicates that the sworn member, inspector, officer or constable has not been convicted of a crime of family violence, for use by such sworn member, inspector, officer or constable in the discharge of such sworn member’s, inspector’s, officer’s or constable’s official duties or when off duty, (C) a member of the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States, or (D) a nuclear facility licensed by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the purpose of providing security services at such facility, or any contractor or subcontractor of such facility for the purpose of providing security services at such facility;

Sec. 53-202c. Possession of assault weapon prohibited. Exemptions. Class D felony.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the possession of assault weapons by: (1) The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, police departments, the Department of Correction, the Division of Criminal Justice, the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States, (2) a sworn and duly certified member of an organized police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection or the Department of Correction, a chief inspector or inspector in the Division of Criminal Justice, a salaried inspector of motor vehicles designated by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, a conservation officer or special conservation officer appointed by the Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection pursuant to section 26-5, or a constable who is certified by the Police Officer Standards and Training Council and appointed by the chief executive authority of a town, city or borough to perform criminal law enforcement duties, for use by such sworn member, inspector, officer or constable in the discharge of such sworn member’s, inspector’s, officer’s or constable’s official duties or when off duty, (3) a member of the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States, or (4) a nuclear facility licensed by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the purpose of providing security services at such facility, or any contractor or subcontractor of such facility for the purpose of providing security services at such facility.

If the OP's buyer is one of the exempted persons  in the above two lists, or the OP is selling a firearm manufactured prior to September 13, 1994 (aka a "preban"),  then the OP can sell the gun to the buyer and they can possess the gun. The seller would ship the gun to an FFL in CT where that CT FFL will complete the transfer following all local state laws including the one's sited in this post. See the following links for what defines a preban and the SLFU's reinterpretation of that statute so that even "banned by name" firearms manufactured prior to 9/13/94 can now be sold/transferred/possessed in CT.

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements.
SLFU: Pre-Ban Assault Weapons
Former DESPP Commissioner: Pre-Ban Assault Weapons

There is also CHAPTER 529* DIVISION OF STATE POLICE which includes additional laws related to long guns, handguns and the sale/transfer of them within the state of CT. In particular the following statute governs the sale/transfer of long guns within CT.: Sec. 29-37a. Sale, delivery or transfer of long guns. Procedure. Penalty.

There is a lot of minutia and convoluted language in CT's firearm laws. If one hasn't actually taken the time to read the stupid unconstitutional laws here in CT they won't understand the issues at hand and the ways around some of the legal restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Boom.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top