Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:35:52 AM EDT
Can someone explain? It's not as if they are protecting the "homeland" since our borders are wide open. So what is their exact purpose? And why are Republicans so eager to fund them?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
move out the departments that do work and roll up the rest - then we can party like it's 1999
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
... a works program to keep uneducated and unskilled Democrats employed
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Because Republicans are nothing more than closet Democrats who are ONLY interested in getting re-elected, and they are sensitive to criticism from the news media.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
They are in charge of making sure some local Andy Griffith type doesn't try to enforce immigration laws.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]
They We don't.

"The Second Amendment was the country's first Department of Homeland Security", maybe it's time we get back to that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Kabuki Theater; they're there to give the appearance that the .gov is doing something to protect its citizens.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... a works program to keep uneducated and unskilled Democrats employed
View Quote

Nailed it!
At least it does provide jobs to those who can at least pass one drug test, though
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can someone explain? It's not as if they are protecting the "homeland" since our borders are wide open. So what is their exact purpose? And why are Republicans so eager to fund them?
View Quote

Pure empire building, a common practice in the fed govt.  And the monolithic law enforcement agency known as DHS is the pinnacle.  I bet the FBI, DEA, USMS shit their pants when DHS comes a callin'.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
The name has a better ring to it than most other agencies. Homeland is like mom and apple pie.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Somebody has to grope your balls at the airport.

Seriously, the coast guard is good. Border patrol would be good if they were allowed to do their jobs, there may be others as well. Politicians feel like they have to fund DHS because they are made an easy target for "Why do you hate America?" type attacks if they don't. They will get fired by the voters.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#13]
So they can protect us from all the mega evil terrorists and stuff cleverly infiltrating every greydog bus station. Especially the arriving passengers whose explosives devices failed to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEiMvu6svgw
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I know the sammich-makers agency has been nothing but one big cluster-fuck (hard to believe it could have been worse) since it was folded into DHS. All chiefs and no Indians. The number of middle management "place holders" is mind-boggling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#15]
DHS seems to be a redundant entity whose only notable achievement is ammo hording,  they are not protecting the border, doing very little in the way deportations, no workplace raids, pretty much not enforcing the immigration laws, in fact acting more like concierges for illegal immigrants than anything else

Time to split it back up the needed parts for accountability reasons and dissolve the rest,
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#16]
We don't need DHS.

Simple.

Defund it and disband it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I lived a good chunk of my life before DHS and it seemed like we were fine.  You can't justify their existence with open borders unless their sole purpose is compensate for having open borders.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Money for cronies and a Nation Police force with the same capability as the military for domestic use.

FBHO said it plain as day in a speech.

http://youtu.be/Tt2yGzHfy7s
View Quote

He did indeed, but the DHS, like the EPA, is a Republican creation.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Money for cronies and a Nation Police force with the same capability as the military for domestic use.

View Quote

This is what its purpose has become.  No longer a intel consolidation mission, so different agencies could legally report to each other on suspected islamist cell activities.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

We don't need DHS.

Simple.

View Quote
Along with the BATFE

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They We don't.

"The Second Amendment was the country's first Department of Homeland Security", maybe it's time we get back to that.
View Quote

I like what you said
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like you're insinuating that the Republican Party isn't the party of small gov't
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#23]
It's of no use to the American people. It's of great use to the American government. At some point in time, the 2 used to be one in the same.

Now we have a standing army with nothing to do but hover over citizens.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#24]
No.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's almost like you're insinuating that the Republican Party isn't the party of small gov't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would do no such thing sir, and I ask that you don't slander me by implication.

I'll be over here enjoying my histories of the DEA and ATF now. I wonder which party created those...?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#26]
But if we don’t have DHS who will protect us from the right wingers, Republicans, Tea Party, Gun Owners, and global warming?

Don’t you know there are web sites that talk about owning and buying evil assault rifles? With banana clips! I’ve heard of one that has a penguin running the whole show!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks W.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#28]
To be our camp counselors, of course we need them.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
DHS seems to be a redundant entity whose only notable achievement is ammo hording,  they are not protecting the border, doing very little in the way deportations, no workplace raids, pretty much not enforcing the immigration laws, in fact acting more like concierges for illegal immigrants than anything else

Time to split it back up the needed parts for accountability reasons and dissolve the rest,
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/liII49I.png

Mmmm, yeahhhh. Let me know when they even get close to deporting a significant number, let alone a majority, of the illegal aliens in the U.S.

Thanks "W" for making the boondoggle DHS.

Vote Team "R"

!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#31]
The problem is no one talks to the others. I was in a training class, a Retired sgt in a local department told the cops 'your best friend is a corrections officer' 'they knew all the local crooks better than you do. The communication is between friendly cops in different departments, facebook helps, Well DHS was to be the link between agencies, all it created was more layers of ass kissing bureaucrats, they hold all the secret stuff the boots on the ground needs to themselves and never come out of their offices
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Why, every polizei staat needs its heimat sicherheitsdienst.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chart means nothing if the total amount of illegal aliens increased along with the deportations.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Out of all the sub divisions under DHS I would love to know what HSI does.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just a name for the investigative division of ICE.

HSI has broad legal authority to enforce a diverse array of federal statutes. It uses this authority to investigate all types of cross-border criminal activity, including:

Financial crimes, money laundering and bulk cash smuggling;
   Commercial fraud and intellectual property theft;
   Cybercrimes;
   Human rights violations;
   Human smuggling and trafficking;
   Immigration, document and benefit fraud;
   Narcotics and weapons smuggling/trafficking;
   Transnational gang activity;
   Export enforcement; and,
   International art and antiquity theft.

http://www.ice.gov/hsi
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#36]
For the most part DHS is a private army and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line we find lots of it was corrupt.
Money , influence , jobs , what could go wrong.

We need this to protect the children but we need to keep it all secret.

The thing that is getting hurt that needs to be cut loose from DHS is the Coast Guard .

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because Republicans are nothing more than closet Democrats who are ONLY interested in getting re-elected, and they are sensitive to criticism from the news media.
View Quote

In before JBT's roll on your house.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Tyranny we need more tyranny.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Any government entity created to combat a problem ensures that problem will never go away.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Chart means nothing if the total amount of illegal aliens increased along with the deportations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the Obama administration, they love to lie with numbers. They started calling the people refused entry deportations to pad the numbers since technically they did cross the border and get sent back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#41]
South American Welcome Wagon would be more accurate?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shutup and SIT DOWN, citizen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Along with the BATFE  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't need DHS.

Simple.

Along with the BATFE  

These.  Also the IRS.  In fact I'd have to hear a really compelling argument to keep any of the Fed gov employment machine funded.  

I can certainly do without it, and I would have a lot more cash to play with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#44]
We need a large domineering internal security police force to determine who our true enemies are. A political internal security force...
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You guys don't understand how politics work"

Government is a monster that's only mission is to grow.

Anyone that thinks the Republican party will shrink the size and scope of government is nothing but a brainwashed cult follower.They have proven over and over that they will expand government when they are in power-even Reagan,who had all the great speeches about government being the problem.

But I'm sure if we can get the White House and keep Congress,this time will be different...................
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Numbers of deportations can also go up based on individuals being deported multiple times, as well as individuals serving less or no time being deported and then being deported again.

I used to know a BP guy in El Paso who told a story of having deported the same illegal 15 times in the same day.  Because of how the paperwork was, he'd hammer it out and kick the guy back only to have him walk down the bridge, turn around, walk back, and then hop across the fence again.

Also, if deportations include the "walking papers" given to the swarms of illegal alien 17-year-old "children" last year, they weren't scheduled to be deported but released until they can show up for a court date to be officially deported.  There's 80-90K "deportations" that aren't, because they'll never show up for the court date.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Numbers of deportations can also go up based on individuals being deported multiple times, as well as individuals serving less or no time being deported and then being deported again.

I used to know a BP guy in El Paso who told a story of having deported the same illegal 15 times in the same day.  Because of how the paperwork was, he'd hammer it out and kick the guy back only to have him walk down the bridge, turn around, walk back, and then hop across the fence again.

Also, if deportations include the "walking papers" given to the swarms of illegal alien 17-year-old "children" last year, they weren't scheduled to be deported but released until they can show up for a court date to be officially deported.  There's 80-90K "deportations" that aren't, because they'll never show up for the court date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama admin operates off of sham paperwork. But it's official sham paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those numbers are tiny, and as a proportion of illegals entering this country, they're probably actually declining.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
-
Obama admin operates off of sham paperwork. But it's official sham paperwork.
View Quote

I lol'd.

Except it feels like laughing at old soviet jokes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#50]
No, we don't need 90 percent of the government we have. Maybe even more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top