Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:01:26 AM EDT
I need a good pouch to put on my outer duty vest.  iPhone 4 in an otter box, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
SOE tactical gear makes one, if you have balls enough to do business with a slime all like John Willis. Otherwise, look at BDS tactical or Tactical Tailor..they are top quality in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hands down John at OSOE, no balls needed just brains and integrity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SOE tactical gear makes one, if you want the best stuff from a freaking awesome dude like John Willis.

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SOE tactical gear makes one, if you want the best stuff from a freaking awesome dude like John Willis.

Fixed

Agreed!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Order from OSOE
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SOE tactical gear makes one, if you have balls enough to do business with a slime all like John Willis. Otherwise, look at BDS tactical or Tactical Tailor..they are top quality in my humble opinion.

You couldn't be farther from the truth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I never thought about a tacticool phone case before. I looked at all 3 mentioned here and I cant find one on BDS' web site, I don't like the Malice clip used on Tactical Tailor's , the OSOE one has a few options. But I run a Droid not an iPhone.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I beg to differ...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/929579_John_Willis__OSOE.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
And your one post of what looks like photo shopped emails that you are not able to hot  link matters why?  I have always had the best of luck ordering from John. I have never had his gear fail on me, and being in the service i put my gear through harsher treatment than most people will.

<Comment removed - Z>

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I beg to differ...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/929579_John_Willis__OSOE.html

Wow, that dude seems like a douche. Looks like a good deal of people have got the shaft from him. No reason to take the risk when there are other, more reputable vendors around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I've dealt with John both in trade and $.  I've never had any of the issues that have been described on this board.  Not saying these people are liars but John has always been great on the phone and email.  

I think that John, like a lot of us, is sick of the constant bullshit that people have been dishing out over the years.  I can't say I blame him for calling out these people.  Maybe if they were called out when they were children it wouldn't have to be done to them as an adult.

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And your one post of what looks like photo shopped emails that you are
not able to hot  link matters why?  I have always had the best of luck
ordering from John. I have never had his gear fail on me, and being in
the service i put my gear through harsher treatment than most people
will.

Thanks for your service...I'm a disabled vet and I have put my gear to the test as well..sorry for not being able to hotlink..I'll put that on my list of critical issues to deal with so you won't have to open a new tab and copy and paste. I've dealt with him myself...I got good gear but he's a prick and a thief..bottom line, if he was a standout dude, he wouldn't be banned from ARF.com

I won't spend any money on someone like that, because it's very apparent he won't be taking the profit from that sale and paying the dude the 500 bucks he stole from him 5 years ago and even told that guy recently that he has no intention to. If I had any knowledge of his character and lack of honor, I would never have given him a f'n Penney to begin with..

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#14]
<Issue has been handled - Z>

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
first thing i thought of was http://www.kifaru.net/gps_mil.html

although i'm not sure how well it would hold the otter box. i don't see actual dimensions there but shoot them the question and i'm sure they'll answer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Why don't we agree to disagree and leave it at that...I would rather do that than drag an argument out...it's possible he has changed or even paid that dude back...I'm sure you have strong character as do I.   Peace..

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Original Special Operations Equipment (OSOE) and John Willis are good to go...period.

Buy with confidence.

http://originalsoegear.com/phonepouch.html

Link Posted: 3/15/2012 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want a bespoke pouch for the iPhone, then take a look at OSOE. I own several pieces of Willis' gear, purchased directly from him, and they are very nice.  

Another option, if you want more versatility at lower cost and similar quality, is the Paraclete Large Flash Bang Pouch. My wife's iPhone fits comfortably in it, as does my clunky, ancient Crackberry. Not sure of the dimensions of your Otter Box, but the Grenade Pouch is larger. I can jam a Pelican 1010 in it. I own both pouches, and they are superb. Although they are listed as "Used," mine came brand new and un-issued, with white chalk marks still visible behind the stitching. Available in any color of the rainbow, as long as it is Smoke Green.

Just a note about ordering from Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet, they use UPS rates, so shipping will run at least $10. But they ship fast, and package your items very well. No affiliation or financial interest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#21]
even simpler...   Blue Forge Gear ten-speed single M4 mag pouch  is what i ended up using in afghan last year

you can kinda see my Iphone 4 with a Magpul case in the pouch here, i used to put it in there to hold it for faster access or to play music as we were clearing parts of base and what not.  worked out pretty good
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Uh oh somebody posted something positive about SOE and the we hate JW and SOE team is on the case.

Run around? I ordered some of his stuff last week and had it in less than a week and im in Europe. And never had an issue when ordering stateside or deployed. The issue they speak of is damn near the better part of a decade old.

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Some real cry babies in here. Ive ordered countless product from SOE, Even ordered something while being on the road. Didnt make it due to post issues and John took care of me and sent me another one!

SOE good to go!
keep the sand from your pussy!
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I have had a positive transaction with John.  But the horror stories and his past and present shenanigans are reason enough to go with someone else.  There is no shortage of companies/people with stellar reputations in this business.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#26]
And another we hate JW  and team member has thrown clandestine -1.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I really don't know how so many people have issues. Must not know how to follow directions. Or is asking him to build something ridiculous. I have gotten my stuff from him w/. no issues, quickly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
If I could ( im not due to Personal info) post the tracking info from usps I would. I mean I was surprised that it took 6 days to get from TN to Italy. Shit it takes give or take 10 days or more from the "more reputable" Tactical Tailor to get from WA to GA.. Thats if its in stock, they bother to tell you, have to cancel your order, and find a distributor to get the item faster.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Your item arrived at  ––––- on March 15, 2012 at 9:00 am. You can inquire about the status of your item by clicking CUSTOMER INQUIRY ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Depart USPS Sort Facility, March 12, 2012, KEARNY, NJ ––––-
Dispatched from USPS International Service Center, March 12, 2012, 9:37 am, KEARNY, NJ ––––-
Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 10, 2012
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, March 09, 2012, 9:00 pm, ZIP Code ––––-
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, March 09, 2012, 7:45 pm, CAMDEN, TN ––––-
Acceptance, March 09, 2012, 2:36 pm, CAMDEN, TN ––––-

Copied and pasted from usps , My order was placed march 9th I removed it from the mailbox on the afternoon of the 15th. Across the Atlantic from the SOE.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh and after i placed my order it took 2hrs and 25 min between order confirmation from soe and shipment confirmation from soe.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Payment is thru paypal. Please make sure to copy/paste the provided quote
into paypal notes. DO NOT USE THE E-CHECK OPTION.

1    $75.00    Multicam - 6x Shingle   Multicam  
1    $60.00    NSWADM1MC - NSW Admin Panel MC   Multicam  
=====================================================================
Subtotal: $135.00
Shipping and Handling:  $12.00
Paypal + 4% ––––$5.88
Total: $152.88

Comments: Please include the above info into your paypal transfer as well as
include your current and correct shipping info OR IT WILL DELAY SHIPPING
YOUR ORDER.

Use this Paypal: ––––––––––––––––––––––––.com Please let us know when you
have completed the paypal transfer and we will ship your order.

John Willis www.SOEtacticalgear.com

Follow SOE on face book:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Special-Operations-Equipment/372313363858

––––-Original Message––––-
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: New Online Order

Order Date: Thursday, March 8th 2012

Bill To:
––––––––

Ship To:
––––––––

Qty  Price($)   Product ID  - Product Name
1    $75.00    Multicam - 6x Shingle   Multicam  
1    $60.00    NSWADM1MC - NSW Admin Panel MC   Multicam  
Subtotal: $135.00
Shipping and Handling:  
Paypal + 4%
Total: $135.00

Comments:
––––––––-

Link Posted: 3/16/2012 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
A package was shipped to you on 03/09/2012 via U.S. Postal Service Priority
Mail to the following address:

––––––––––––––––––––––-
––––––––––––––––––––––-
––––––––––––––––––––––-
The following optional services were used:  None

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit:
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
or the U.S. Postal Service's web-site:
http:/––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Amanda Willis
Original S.O.E.

NOTE:
This e-mail was generated by DYMO Endicia Internet Postage
(www.Endicia.com)
at the sender's request.  DO NOT CONTACT DYMO Endicia if you have any
questions about the shipment or the package delivery.  Please contact
the sender of this e-mail or the U.S. Postal Service if you have
questions about the package delivery.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If I could ( im not due to Personal info) post the tracking info from usps I would. I mean I was surprised that it took 6 days to get from TN to Italy. Shit it takes give or take 10 days or more from the "more reputable" Tactical Tailor to get from WA to GA.. Thats if its in stock, they bother to tell you, have to cancel your order, and find a distributor to get the item faster.

Really?  You're gonna italicize "more reputable" when talking about Tactical Tailor?  They are local to me and do alot for the joes stationed here at JBLM.

ETA:  OP order what you want.  I know plenty of guys here who will absolutely NOT order from Botach.  But a friend of mine ordered the aimpoint PRO from them and got prompt shipping with all the swag they stated they would give. (free pmag I think)
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#35]
What ever emails from however many years ago posted on this site to attempt to discredit SOE can be doctored just like I could have doctored these (i did not except for removing my address name and zip codes). Any time someone posts something about SOE on this site the SAME people tear into them."Reputable" dealers in the 10 yrs I have been buying commercial gear (the previous 5  yrs before that  you were wearing Issue ALICE or that horrid LBV no excuses) have given me more issues than SOE with the exception of TYR tactical. Tactical Tailor = atrocious customer service and nothing is ever in stock; their catalog hasn't changed in 10 yrs except fight light which Im skeptical about. Ditched 3 FL universal mag pouches for a SOE 6 mag shingle, EMDOM=good enough cheap Asian made gear and again it might be in stock , Blackhawk= cool 10 yrs ago,  BDS wore their Vehicle operator chest rig for a year overseas and hated every day of it  looked good on the site but was beyond uncomfortable and hurt to wear. Call me an soe fanboy I gives a fuck I found gear that works. And  some mall ninjas that wear Tac gear to their local range on the weekend with shemaghs wrapped around their neck who dont worry about rounds coming their way. And airsofters, etc get their feelings hurt by him when they cant get what they want they come on here and talk shit anytime anything positive is mentioned about SOE.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Tactical tailor makes good gear dont get me wrong, and im sure if you walk in and are able to shop around great, never been to Lewis and my orders with them have been on line and everytime something goes wrong. OP he is right order what you want. I just wanted to tell you there is a team of folks on here that constantly discredit SOE any time that name comes up. I own and use several different company's gear regardless of their issues. It is all getting replaced by soe as time goes on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Add me to the list of people who have been screwed over by john willis. It wasn't for hundreds of dollars but it's still unacceptable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah thats cool and all but going on 4 years ago. Im just some dude too and I get my shit when ordered. And I will even compare this to my situations when I first ordered from TT in 04 their customer service via internet was tits and has steadily gone downhill since I refuse to buy their gear from their site. If i want anything by them its through OP tactical. Maybe it went reverse for SOE small biz with issues at the start and now they are working their way up. You and wesmercs campaign to discredit them on their face book didnt work the more shit like this goes on the more people support them, hes even got this thread posted on his fb. But im sure you know this already.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#44]
If you want to bring up poorly made gear ill go 1 for 1 its not always going to be perfect. Again to the Fightlight universal mag pouches I ordered 3 in jan. Advertised to hold 3 pmags or equivalent, when in there the pouch is just a cup of spilt fuck they dont fit correctly. All 3 are sewn off, the velcro closure is in a different place on all 3 pouches. I think the place has been going down in service and quality since Logan died.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I've a had a similar experience with John. Let me start a a bit further back though. Back in 2003 I ordered a couple hundred dollars in gear from John. He gave me about a six month lead time and only missed it by a month or so...no bad. The gear arrived exactly as ordered and bomb proof. I'm still wearing the riggers belt today that I bought back in 2003. Fast forward to 2009, I was looking for a OD belt mounted multitool pouch that uses a fastex closure. I ordered one from John, three months later, I get a OD Molle pouch that I can't even fit a harmonica into. I start my email and phone call campaign...18 emails and half as many phone calls with no response. What finally got his attention? A PayPal charge back request, he email me the same day. Now almost 5 months have passed by and he doesn't even want to make it right. I sent him a copy of the order that clearly states Belt mount and three separate pictures of every multitool I own not even coming close to fitting, not even the original leatherman from the late 1990's I have. He doesn't even try or offer to make things right, just refunds my $ with even an apology. I sold the pouch on ebay, it pissed me off to even look at it.

So youll get on here and discredit him but you still wear the belt you got from him and sold the defective gear he sold you on ebay; did you think sucker when someone bought it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Im computer stupid the top portion was aimless's original post
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Man that post would make me ? your integrity as much as you ? SOE's
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I dont know you but ive done business w/ john willis on multiple occasions and have never had an issue so why should I believe your smear campaign?
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I dont know you but ive done business w/ john willis on multiple occasions and have never had an issue so why should I believe your smear campaign?

Are you a shill for this guy or what? From the multiple posts you made, it sure looks like it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top