Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 9:26:00 AM EDT
Leaving the range (AKA the woods) on 1/7/17 temperature was 1.9 °F windchill      
 -14.7 °F , spotted a Kitty in the road.
She didn't try to run very far when I went to pick her up, think she was just to cold/hungry.
Took her to the vet on 1/9/17 to make sure she was ok and check for a chip.

Vet says kitty is in ok health has some frostbite on her feet and ears.
She has a chip, Vet contacted person listed on chip stated she dropped kitty off at the pound 5 years ago has no idea who adopted her.
I contacted local humane society and got as much assistance from them as I expected with finding who adopted her, ZERO.

She is such a sweetheart I did not want to believe someone would just drop her off in the middle of the local range in almost sub-zero temperatures, there are no homes nearby so she didn't wander to far from home.
Spent the past few months checking local papers, Craigslist, Facebook, anywhere I could think of to look for a lost kitty posting describing her, nothing.

I think she realizes she has found her forever home now.

Apologies for the pictures she does not like having her picture taken.

Boxer Dog is happy, she loves kitty's!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Welp. I'm glad she found a cat person.
If you weren't a cat person before, you are now. You have a friend for life!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry in advance for a long winded tale.

A few Christmases back I was at my telescope at 1am and a small black & white animal rubs against my leg and after my heart started pumping again I realized it was not a Pepe but a kitty. She had a local animal shelter tag on her collar so I was able to get the owner's number and arrange a pick up. I'm not a cat owner but I try to be compassionate to all helpless beings. The owner lived less than a mile from me and stopped by our home to pick up the cat. She left her car running and explained that it had been two weeks and that they had gotten a dog. No thanks, no kiss my ass, just bye. I was happy that the cat was safe even if the owner was an impolite asshole.

Two weeks later and it's 12am and I'm at my scope when I hear a meow. Same cat but no collar this time. I should have reported the piece of shit owner but the bitch had my address and I have no desire for vandalism or having our dogs harmed. The missus and I found a loving home for the cat and we felt good about the outcome. She had a small child in the car when she stopped at our home and I hope that she is a better parent than a pet owner.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for you OP!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful and lucky cat OP, that puppy looks happy too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for you OP!  
View Quote
+1

Rescue pets are the best pets.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Good job op.Beautiful kitteh.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds to me like a pack has been enhanced.  Good on ya' OP.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
She's a pretty good kitty.
Almost kind of like a dog, she likes going for a ride in the car with me and the boxer dog.
I love the look on other peoples faces when they realize they did just see a kitty and a boxer dog staring at them from the next car.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Like the book says, "be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Who says these angels have to be two-legged?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice rescue.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice save OP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I love a happy ending. Just wish more ended that way.

People suck sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I love her white mustache. That's awesome!

I often think about whoever dumped my main man Trigger (shepherd mix) off at the pound. It's sad to me that someone is so pathetic to do that, let alone potentially dump them out in the wilderness and expect A) them to survive or B) to have someone pick them up.

However, I've come to peace with it because I've ended up with a beautiful dog who never leaves my side, except to harass my chickens. Likewise, someone's heartless actions led to you coming across your cool cat! She's a lucky feline.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Rare to find a female in the tuxedo colors. Meow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good for you OP!  
View Quote
+1  You will be rewarded, many times over.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife an I have 4 cats, 3 of them where strays.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My wife an I have 4 cats, 3 of them where strays.
View Quote
I have 4 as well.  Three were from a litter I rescued, all boys.  #4 is a Maine Coon(male) because I just had to have one!
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top