Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 11:32:03 AM EDT
Well, after many years of waiting and money involved, I finally mange to get my EMCOMM/Base setup...

I have to admit that I did copy some folks over the internet but customize it for my need.
I wanted to have something more portable  or as a camping set up with the KISS in mind!

It consist of a Pelican hard case 1495
Icom IC-7200
The new Alinco DM-330FX with 2 usb port
IT-100 auto tuner from LDG
And a simple Baofeng UV5RA+ for VHF/UHF and scan option.
The main antenna for now is the Promaster from Alpha antennas.
I also have Alpha JR for NVIS setup at home and of course my Icon IC-2820 in my X-Terra. About to forgwet a second UV-5RA+ for my BOB/GHB.

Here is some pics... I am so proud lolll

Final weight is about 38 pounds. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to use it or even start the 7200 yet. There is many things to learn and read before going online.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!

One day...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
SWEET!!!

You'll have tons of fun with it, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome setup... and on your post of 223.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
That case is perfectly sized for transporting that radio.  I may need to get one of those.  
Any thoughts for additional padding or strapping things in?
What's the clearance on the front and back of the IC-7200 when in the case?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That case is perfectly sized for transporting that radio.  I may need to get one of those.  
Any thoughts for additional padding or strapping things in?
What's the clearance on the front and back of the IC-7200 when in the case?
View Quote

About an inch in the back and almost 1 in front. I say almost because the case is design with a curve in the front.

Regarding the height, there is enough clearance for the radio. While i had to remove the pad under the power supply to close properly the case with the tuner on top.

But it work!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and welcome to the club! EMCOMM Box Thread...

Nice Looking Rig...Black is the New Orange
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top