Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2018 9:55:45 AM EDT
I’m taking a trading class in Sept.  2 day pistol, 2 day rifle.  I’m trying to find some options for video or audio recording that won’t break the bank.  Yes, I know about Go Pros etc.

I’m not interested in watching myself on video going all GI Joe.  I’m more concerned with capturing the training details and instruction from the class.  I’m thinking it will be a challenge to write everything down.

I looked at some voice recorders with external mics.  I’m just not sure which one will pic up the instructor’s audio clearly.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m taking a trading class in Sept.  2 day pistol, 2 day rifle.  I’m trying to find some options for video or audio recording that won’t break the bank.  Yes, I know about Go Pros etc.

I’m not interested in watching myself on video going all GI Joe.  I’m more concerned with capturing the training details and instruction from the class.  I’m thinking it will be a challenge to write everything down.

I looked at some voice recorders with external mics.  I’m just not sure which one will pic up the instructor’s audio clearly.
View Quote
You might want to ask them if it's okay, before you spend the money on a recorder.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend against it. At the end of each day take the time to reflect on what was taught and take notes and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask the instructor ahead of time if it's okay.

It may not be because a person could post it on youtube and bring down their business.  Or liability reasons.  etc.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You're not going to have an overload of Ahhh---Haaa moments.

I'd just take pen/paper and jot down key things during the breaks, lunch, and immediately after class.

I've trained with some of the name brand guys and none objected to recording.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't attempt to record the class. Instructor may not be okay with that. I just write everything down at the end of the day then type the notes up at the end of the course to keep for myself to reference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top