Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2018 2:47:55 PM EDT
Curious if anyone had tried out one of the Known Distance Appleseed events yet?

I've gone to the 1 and 2-day Appleseed events and they are awesome. Great for new shooters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:14:14 PM EDT
Looks like they have some new patches for 2018:

Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:30:11 AM EDT
Going to my first Appleseed in May, really looking forward to it! Any tips for someone who has never been to an event before?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 12:46:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By black91stang:
Going to my first Appleseed in May, really looking forward to it! Any tips for someone who has never been to an event before?
View Quote
Like any training make sure your gear is sorted out and cleaned, zeroed and malfunction free.

If you're using a scope you probably need to move it forward. Most people have their scope mounted far back for comfortable bench shooting. A comfortable prone position requires a more forward head position which will require a more forward scope for proper eye relief.

If you have a cantilevered scope mount like a Burris PEPR on an AR which gives you about 2" of forward offset it will work with some but not all scopes depending on eye relief and your position.

If you want to use an aggressive nose to charging handle you'll probably need a scope mount that has even more cantilever (up to 3").

Beyond that bring a comfortable padded shooting mat. You'll spend a lot of time on the ground and a little extra padding will be appreciated.
Top Top