Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:21:47 AM EDT
Is it legal?   Thinking about getting started in IDPA by returning my G23 to stock for SSP, or running a 1911 in ESP.   Or are 1911's limited to CDP?

Useing Ares belts and Raven holsters for both.  
43 once limit it tough, I think a DW Valor weighs 42.5!    What about the 10 round gun limit?   Do you just reload more often?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can run a .45 ACP 1911 in ESP as long as it meets all of the division restrictions (weight, etc.)  If you had the springs setup properly, you could run some powder-puff loads, since division power factor is only 125, vs 165 for CDP.

You would be at a disadvantage against other ESP shooters with 10+1 guns.  I don't believe an extended 10 round 1911 magazine will fit in the IDPA box (max. gun dimensions).

Max round count for IDPA stages is 18, so you probably won't have a ton of extra reloads, but it is a skill you'll be using.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#2]
A 9mm in 1911 in ESP is like cheating.

eta it is legal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Howdy,

My ESP gun:

Springfield 1911 in 9mm by Freedom Gunworks
- Trigger job
- Adjustable sights (w/ FO front)
- Full length guide rod
- Checkered front strap
- Tech-well XT magwell w/ Alumagrips

With any of the 3 types of mags I use, weighs in at 42.80 oz.

Rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top