Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2018 4:38:32 PM EDT
Hello,

I will be buying this hunting rifle this week https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/trophy/11-trophy-hunter-xp.

I would like to hunt hog and deer in Texas area up to about 300 yards.

Would you please recommend me a rifle shooting training in the Houston area  so I know how to practice the right way shooting? I would like to know how to shoot accurate.

This will be my first time shooting a bolt action rifle.

Thank hou
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkHatfield] [#1]
Find an Appleseed class.  Don't remember if it's Project Appleseed or the Appleseed Project.  It's geared towards semiautos but the basics all apply to other rifles.  Positions, trigger control, breath control, etc.  Borrow somebodies 22 rifle to take the class, yes really.  Then you can apply what you learned to your rifle.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
Find an Appleseed class.  Don't remember if it's Project Appleseed or the Appleseed Project.  It's geared towards semiautos but the basics all apply to other rifles.  Positions, trigger control, breath control, etc.  Borrow somebodies 22 rifle to take the class, yes really.  Then you can apply what you learned to your rifle.
View Quote
Thank you so much. I appreciate the help
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
View Quote

This right here. I've been to two. Got my patch at my second. I tried irons at my first but my vision is starting to fade(yes I have an appointment to get my eyes checked). Went back with the same 10/22 with an budget Simmons scope and earned my patch. I think it gets kind of a bad rap because its not some high speed low drag tactical thing.  Its basics but it helps.  Good times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top