Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 4:39:06 PM EDT
I just completed the defensive handgun I course and it was amazing. The class consists of a morning lecture and afternoon live fire. I've taken a handgun I course else where and the morning lecture there was incredibly boring. That's not the case here. Primary instructor and owner Pat Goodale starts with the very basics and progressively builds on these ideas. He breaks the lecture into 3 categories with the majority of time being spent on the mental aspects of using a handgun defensively. After a break for lunch we came back for an afternoon filled with live fire. Initially shots are taken from the static position quickly moving to firing on the move (forwards, backwards, right, and left), firing around various objects, different courses of fire, metal plates and other reactive steel targets, and finally shooting from inside a car and then manuvering to engage targets in front of the car and behind. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps as an infantryman and would have found the skills I learned in one day of Pat's class essential in my survival in a combat situation. Thank you Mr. Goodal and everyone at PFT, I had a great time and look forward to continuing on to Handgun II.

-Links
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Was Rob T. there?.....fun stuff.....very informative.....great instructors.

Rob was the guy that talked me into a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to take this class when I get some extra cash!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Rob was there and he was awesome, as well as the other instructors. I used my Glock 19 at the course and the thing shot it self, dead on all day. I'm sold on Glocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top