Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2017 6:17:07 PM EDT
I am looking at taking a class of some sort this year more towards the fall, I am in VA and have been looking at FPF training and green ops. I have a ar and shoot about 300 rds a month and various handguns I shoot more. I have a LE background but the training my organization gives is very basic for the 40 hr range week we did in the academy
(3 years ago for me) and then with qualifications once a year. Im just looking to get better with a carbine and my handguns I carry for ccw. So either a pistol or carbine class would be great. Any recommendations on what class to take to take things up a notch from the before mentioned training schools? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want some no BS training that will serve you well... I highly recommend you seek out one of Robert "Bob" Keller's classes. You can take a look at some of his stuff on YouTube and read about him on his website.

I had Bob come to my place back in October and before lunch the guys wanted a second class. We are having him back in April 2018. You're more than welcome to come to sunny FL and train with us...

Gamut Resolutions
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of VA are you in?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 4:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Blacksburg area
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
DDMK12,

Green Ops looks forward to training with you. You would be well served with John Murphy of FPF also. Looks like you have received some other good suggested options too. If you do decide to train with Green Ops your LE status will qualify you for a discount. Email: [email protected] prior to registering for details and instructions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well since you say u have an LE background and you CCW i'd say start with a pistol course since it would seem safe to say you probably have a pistol on you or around you more then a rifle. I haven't been to a class in a good few years and have been a bit out of touch with the firearms training world the last few years as well but i know VA has some damn good places to get training. Start with an entry level class and get a good fundamental base set and progress through the classes available. The biggest thing is check the ego and go into it with an open mind or your just wasting money. Everyone has a way of doing things, it's a way, it's not the only way. Always be willing to try something different before just writing it off. Also look for something that stresses a proper mindset, all the guns and ammo and tactics and all that other shit means nothing if your head isn't in the right place too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top